FPV Kit

Reaction score
I am constantly looking at FPV for my phantom 2 h3-d3 but i never am able to figure out exactly what is NEEDED to do so. I have looked at several kits and read many peoples' opinions but cant figure out what to purchase. I know i want to get the IOSD mini in addition to whatever else is needed but i would like someone to lay all out what is needed with out making suggestions or using brand names.
Thanks

I am constantly looking at FPV for my phantom 2 h3-d3 but i never am able to figure out exactly what is NEEDED to do so. I have looked at several kits and read many peoples' opinions but cant figure out what to purchase. I know i want to get the IOSD mini in addition to whatever else is needed but i would like someone to lay all out what is needed with out making suggestions or using brand names.
Thanks

All the FPV runs on 5.8Ghz frequency and the Phantom and RC unit are on 2.4Ghz frequency. What you'll need for an FPV system are mini iOSD (for telemetry), TX (transmitter for video), plug n play cable (to connect both iOSD/TX), a diversity monitor/receiver and a GoPro camera. If you don't own a GoPro 4 black or cannot afford the $500 for a new one look on ebay there are some listed for $350 or lower for just the camera.

All the FPV runs on 5.8Ghz frequency and the Phantom and RC unit are on 2.4Ghz frequency. What you'll need for an FPV system are mini iOSD (for telemetry), TX (transmitter for video), plug n play cable (to connect both iOSD/TX), a diversity monitor/receiver and a GoPro camera. If you don't own a GoPro 4 black or cannot afford the $500 for a new one look on ebay there are some listed for $350 or lower for just the camera.

I already have a gopro so what i would need is a transmitter for on the phantom along with the iosd mini and the plug and play cable, and then a monitor with a receiver for my remote? Correct

I already have a gopro so what i would need is a transmitter for on the phantom along with the iosd mini and the plug and play cable, and then a monitor with a receiver for my remote? Correct

Correct but the monitor should a diversity monitor with a builtin receiver either a 32 channel or 7 channel model. Also one that has a sunhood and builtin battery.

Correct but the monitor should a diversity monitor with a builtin receiver either a 32 channel or 7 channel model. Also one that has a sunhood and builtin battery.

What do you mean by a "diversity" monitor

There are many diversity monitors to choose from on the market today. Here's a video which can explain how they work.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl