Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

FPV Interference When Controls Used

Discussion in 'FPV (First Person View)' started by ASO544, Aug 14, 2014.

1. ASO544

My setup....

Phantom 2
    Black Pearl Monitor
    DJI AVL 58 w/ FPVLR Pinwheel with 90° connector
    DJI FPV Hub
    DJI IOSD Mini
    Black Pearl Monitor w/ FPVLR 4.25 turns helix 5.8 GHz RHC & Pinwheel with straight connector
    H3-3D Gimbal
    GoPro Hero 3 / Black Edition

Just installed the FPVLR ANTENNA set and it's a huge huge improvement. I still get some minor interference in a congested areas but I took it out past 1000m ( I chickened out and turned back!!! lol !! ) earlier and it retained FPV almost perfectly! I think trees and houses can still be issues until you get some height.

My concern now is I seem to be getting some video interference ( had it prior to new antennas too) when I move the controls on my RC. I currently have my BP on a tripod so it's close to my RC but my plan is to mount it on my RC in the future. Is there something I need to do to eliminate this interference or is it just part of the deal?

Thanks

2. ASO544

By transmitting antenna... You mean the one on the P2 or the one on the RC? The one on my P2 pretty much angles out and down from the back.