FPV Booster App DOUBLE Vision+ FPV Range

Re: Has anyone tried the FPV booster app??

I use Vision + Utility Pro for andriod... and it definitely works as advertised. The logging part was a big bonus while I am waiting for my Flytrex Live 3g to ship.

I installed the iPhone "FPV Booster" app. I noticed a little increase in distance, but my view was blocked by trees, so I really cannot say how much distance it added.

FYI, in another thread here, I saw someone saying these apps will burn up the range extender.

dbfletcher said:
I use Vision + Utility Pro for andriod... and it definitely works as advertised. The logging part was a big bonus while I am waiting for my Flytrex Live 3g to ship.

Hey dbfletcher, how do you get the logs out of the app? Maybe I'm missing something but I couldn't figure it out!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416621198.852386.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416621198.852386.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 840

enabler the logger before a flight.. then after you land go back in the app and turn it off... it will say writing logfile. then you can hook you phone up to your computer and browse it as a storage device.. it created a folder on my phone called VisionPlusUtility. The log files are in there. You can just copy them to your computer. Personally I just use an app called "ES File Explorer" and transfer them over wifi... but it is probably easier for most to just use a usb cable. Hope that helps.

I have been able to do FPV at a better resolution with the app!

A definite marked improvement using the V2 Booster App. Now, whether or not the App is causing the Wi-Fi Tx module to overheat and fail is something which needs more than speculation to convince me as it being the culprit over the possibility of improper heatsink cooling methods, or materials used within the module itself which may be causing the unit to fail over time.

Dji has now incorporated aeration holes to the lid of their newly manufactured video Tx module, and may have also provided additional heatsink material to help in that regard as been seen on their latest Phantom models.

FPV Booster Facebook page states https://www.facebook.com/fpvbooster/pos ... 2331195911

Rumors of FPV Booster Fried Wi-Fi Module and Range Extender

There are several rumors in a few forums saying FPV Booster might fry Vision+ Wi-Fi module and RE700 Range Extender. Some of the rumors are absolutely nonsense speculation and some are due to misunderstanding.

- Unlike other booster/utility apps, FPV Booster does NOT boost RE700 Range Extender at all. It doesn’t make sense to blame FPV Booster fried RE700 Range Extender.

- The Wi-Fi module inside Vision+ aircraft consists of 2 boards – Wi-Fi board (red) and video board (yellow). Most of fried Wi-Fi modules are with blackout video but still have telemetry data (such as Wifi signal, battery level, satellites, etc). This is likely only video board fried but Wi-Fi board keeps sending telemetry data. Again, FPV Booster has nothing to deal with video board.

- There are plenty of fried Wi-Fi modules had never used FPV Booster. This is a well known DJI product’s quality issue probably related to improper heat sink of video board inside Wi-Fi module. We have seen a bad batch of total 10 sets of P2V+ in a local DJI dealer's shop. All of them FPV worked a few minutes at the beginning. After streaming FPV at 640x480 for 10-30 minutes, they all went blackout FPV screen but telemetry data kept updating properly.

We had conducted multiple heat tests on the Wi-Fi module with infrared thermometer. There is NO any notable temperature increase when running FPV Booster app in all our tests. Many P2V+ pilots misunderstood that blackout FPV screen is related to Wi-Fi board or they don't even know video board is also residing in Wi-Fi module.

PVFlyer, thanks for the info. It's always nice to see rumors squashed with real data.

I use the booster app routinely. It works wonderfully and is very reliable. No issues with it at all - other than the fact that you have to ensure that you have a wifi link already established BEFORE you start the app. Otherwise, the app will report no success in boosting the gain. :mrgreen:

PVFlyer,

Thanks for the info. Quick question. My issue is not losing the video feed in FPV actually i have never lost the video, what i end up loosing is The control signal first. I always loose the control before the video. That said would this booster actually help since my control signal gets lost before my video feed?

I am planning to get a antenna booster at which point this app may become worth purchasing.

Your thoughts.

Thanks,

ALI

Ali_Q8T said:
I always loose the control before the video. That said would this booster actually help since my control signal gets lost before my video feed?
It will help, but you won't notice it since you always lose control first.

msinger said:
PVFlyer, thanks for the info. It's always nice to see rumors squashed with real data.

Not a rumor and not squashed at least not for me.

Way back I bought the booster app off the Play store. Tried it but by the time I figured out it really wasn't doing anything it was too late to return it (they only give you 15 min). I tried it a couple more flights with the booster and without it but never noticed any difference at all so I stopped using it.

Several months later I decided to give it another try just for fun. Perhaps I had been too hard on the app? 5 minutes into my flight my screen went dead. My WiFi module had overheated and failed. Cost me $185 to replace.

I suppose it's possible the WiFi would have failed either way but maybe it was on the edge and the Booster pushed it over the cliff? I don't care what some guy with a heat gun says - in my mind, the Booster killed my WiFi module. I'll never use it again. At best it's useless and at worst it's dangerous.

rbhamilton said:
msinger said:

Not a rumor and not squashed at least not for me.

Way back I bought the booster app off the Play store. Tried it but by the time I figured out it really wasn't doing anything it was too late to return it (they only give you 15 min). I tried it a couple more flights with the booster and without it but never noticed any difference at all so I stopped using it.

Several months later I decided to give it another try just for fun. Perhaps I had been too hard on the app? 5 minutes into my flight my screen went dead. My WiFi module had overheated and failed. Cost me $185 to replace.

I suppose it's possible the WiFi would have failed either way but maybe it was on the edge and the Booster pushed it over the cliff? I don't care what some guy with a heat gun says - in my mind, the Booster killed my WiFi module. I'll never use it again. At best it's useless and at worst it's dangerous.

Do you think this happened because it was sending too much boost to your components?

Has anyone got to try the new android recently released FPV Booster version2 that is suppose to actually have the smart boost function and channel selection and password wifi protection?

Check out this latest version with Urban booster ..
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VukpAWEpfHI[/youtube]

I couldn't get an update from the playstore yet.

flyNfrank said:
Do you think this happened because it was sending too much boost to your components?

If it does anything AT ALL then it must increase the power running through the WiFi module. That can only translate into more heat. The WiFi component is already very poorly designed and prone to overheating.

So yes, IF the WiFi booster does anything then it must be increasing the heating issues for the WiFi module and that can't be good.

Personally, I only have one experience with it and *** Boom *** I believe it cost me a WiFi module.

I don't make any money off the product and I don't care if you buy it or not. I am only saying I personally won't be using it again.

It is really strange that you didn't noticed any boost with this app, I remember that many PhantomPilots forum members were testing this app during Beta stage and everybody (in case for PV+ booster app) reported range gain. In contrary to PV where as Geert said the range gain wasn't so obvious, but these apps are different.

I think your WiFi module was defective from the beginning (that is why you didn't notice any gain), maybe its true that increasing WiFi power push it over the limit, but why you didn't send it to service for replacement?
Burned WiFi modules are quite frequently reported to DJI, so why not to use warranty for fixing it?

hionbusa said:
Check out this latest version with Urban booster ..
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VukpAWEpfHI[/youtube]

I couldn't get an update from the playstore yet.
Very interesting.

Please post what antennas/electronic boosters you were using to get to this range.

If I understand you properly, this is an iOS version. But my 2.2 version does not have this option. Only a button to select normal or smart boost. Is this some beta version?

Also, why would you select urban to fly in a place that was not urban?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka