FPV Booster App DOUBLE Vision+ FPV Range

Re: FPV Booster app DOUBLE FPV Range

chluk2425 said:
PVFlyer said:
chluk2425 said:
So.. which of the updates will cause the booster app not working? If not knowing it I might accidentally update all of them...
I'm unaware of any firmware update causing our booster app not working so far. However, you may pay attention to FC200 Camera firmware, which is currently V1.2.5g.

Am I correct that the only thing that might affect the booster app would be the firmware for the FC200 camera since that's the one related to the WiFi? what about the central board update?

And the FC200 camera firmware, I was told by DJI (the online chat in DJI's webpage) that we are not able to update it... he told me I could ignore it as long as I have the latest android app... :eek:
As I recalled flying P2V (non-Plus) months ago, I updated FC200 firmware by copying firmware to micro-SD and inserting micro-SD into camera (the egg). I'm unsure how to update P2V+ FC200 firmware though.

Theoretically, FC200 firmware controls Wifi and camera, which is the most logical point might affect our booster app. The fact is most of P2V/P2V+ sub-systems (such as Wifi, camera, autopilot, GPS, central board, sensors, LED, gimbal, etc.) are all attaching to "Ser2Net" bus by various encoding/decoding. Thus, Vision app can upload waypoints/GPS to autopilot and disable CH-7. Hence, any sub-system firmware or Vision app could affect the others.

PVFlyer, can we get the descend along with the forward & reverse rate of speed increased in the app? For those of us that are into distance flying, these mentioned mods would be very welcome.

Sniffing around in the firmware of the vision+ cam.
Based on AMboot, same as GoPro.
See some referrals to wifi in the code but need to snif around some more:)

flyNfrank said:
PVFlyer, can we get the descend along with the forward & reverse rate of speed increased in the app? For those of us that are into distance flying, these mentioned mods would be very welcome.
Frankly, we are just too busy without time to explore this descending rate. Why not simply switch to ATTI mode instead? What kind of speed do you expect? What kind of distance are you flying?

Firmware 3.06 Auto-Landing at 28% Battery

I was just back in town and tested the latest autopilot firmware 3.06 (together with Vision app Android 1.0.52) yesterday to prepare CH-7 testing. I disabled "Low Battery Auto Go Home" and "Go-Home" on both Vision app and PC Assistant 3.2.

I got the first level battery warning at around 30% which is fine. Within 10-20 seconds, it started auto-landing when I spotted battery level around 28%-29% on Vision app. Fortunately, I was not too far away with LOS, and I pushed the throttle to maintain altitude and flew back immediately. I kept draining the battery down to 8% as 20-cycles maintenance.

QUESTIONS: Has anybody encountered similar abnormal battery issue? I thought auto-landing should kick in at 15% instead of 28%. Did I miss something or DJI firmware/app issues?

Re: Firmware 3.06 Auto-Landing at 28% Battery

PVFlyer said:
I was just back in town and tested the latest autopilot firmware 3.06 (together with Vision app Android 1.0.52) yesterday to prepare CH-7 testing. I disabled "Low Battery Auto Go Home" and "Go-Home" on both Vision app and PC Assistant 3.2.

I got the first level battery warning at around 30% which is fine. Within 10-20 seconds, it started auto-landing when I spotted battery level is around 28%-29% on Vision app. Fortunately, I was not too far away with LOS, and I pushed the throttle to maintain altitude and flew back immediately. I kept draining the battery down to 8% as 20-cycles maintenance.

QUESTIONS: Has anybody encountered similar abnormal battery issue? I thought auto-landing should kick in at 15% instead of 28%. Did I miss something or DJI firmware/app issues?

Did you check the app and Vision after the fact, so the "Low Battery Auto go Home" was still unchecked?

cougar said:
PVFlyer said:

I got the first level battery warning at around 30% which is fine. Within 10-20 seconds, it started auto-landing when I spotted battery level is around 28%-29% on Vision app. Fortunately, I was not too far away with LOS, and I pushed the throttle to maintain altitude and flew back immediately. I kept draining the battery down to 8% as 20-cycles maintenance.

Did you check the app and Vision after the fact, so the "Low Battery Auto go Home" was still unchecked?
Both settings are un-checked by default (from visual appearance), and I did not touch them at all. I may need to toggle them ON then OFF again to ensure taking effect, and give a try again.

When I searched the General Discussion forum regarding 3.06, there are other pilots experienced this.

Re: FPV Booster App DOUBLE FPV Range

Mine is 15. Actually I think when it changes from 15 to 14.

PVFlyer said:
cougar said:
PVFlyer said:

Both settings are un-checked by default (from visual appearance), and I did not touch them at all. I may need to toggle them ON then OFF again to ensure taking effect, and give a try again.

When I searched the General Discussion forum regarding 3.06, there are other pilots experienced this.

The app actually toggles the mainboard setting so no need to use the assistant. I believe it's in the assistant for the P2 since there would be no other way to set it. I would do as you mentioned, toggle it in the app to make sure it sticks. I have heard 2 other reports of an unexpected auto-land, in those cases they could not stop it and the model landed.

The odd thing is that the setting is for the RTH on low battery based on distance from home and battery level so it would vary based on distance. Autoland should be at 15% and I don't think it can be disabled or modified.

Any chance of channel 7 being implemented soon ?
I was filming at my gun range and it's terrible to use the app to tilt the camera. Cannot fly and tilt smoothly. What a mistake dji made by not letting us use the feature.

Yes the channel 7 issue is killing me when doing real shoots. I basically can't tilt at all which is a really lame limitation. I have the lever all ready to go!

After 3 weeks "flyaway", I have been picking up matters from both work and hobby in this week. ;) We have been testing CH-7 on the latest firmware 3.06 and Vision app 1.0.42/1.0.52. However, there are some reliability issues on CH-7 per our testing. These issues are likely due to the latest updates of firmware and Vision app. We have been struggling to get these issues resolved, and I will keep you all posted once we fixed the issues.

PVFlyer said:
After 3 weeks "flyaway", I have been picking up matters from both work and hobby in this week. ;) We have been testing CH-7 on the latest firmware 3.06 and Vision app 1.0.42/1.0.52. However, there are some reliability issues on CH-7 per our testing. These issues are likely due to the latest updates of firmware and Vision app. We have been struggling to get these issues resolved, and I will keep you all posted once we fixed the issues.

PVFlyer, I may have missed the discussion, but are you planning to create the booster/7th channel Andriod app for the Phantom 2 Vision, as opposed to the Phantom 2 Vision+?

PVFlyer said:

Sorry to hear that... V+ owners everywhere heard crying in the background :cry:. We will hope for a breakthrough.

PVFlyer said:
flyNfrank said:
Frankly, we are just too busy without time to explore this descending rate. Why not simply switch to ATTI mode instead? What kind of speed do you expect? What kind of distance are you flying?

Hey Skipper, this would for more then just myself. Current descent rate is 4.5mph which is 396ft a minute. So as you can see 4k feet gonna take over 10 minutes. With the current slow 4.5mph descent rate we're limited to 5K with no wind. Btw, atti has the same 4.5mph setting.

flyNfrank said:
Hey Skipper, this would for more then just myself. Current descent rate is 4.5mph which is 396ft a minute. So as you can see 4k feet gonna take over 10 minutes. With the current slow 4.5mph descent rate we're limited to 5K with no wind. Btw, atti has the same 4.5mph setting.
For you guys who are constantly pushing the distance and altitude limits, I have to wonder why you purchased a Phantom 2.
Surely it's not the most suitable platform for that kind of flying. You would be much better off with a custom built platform optimized for distance flying.

flyNfrank said:
PVFlyer said:
flyNfrank said:

Well, I think most of P2V+ pilots are not hunting for those crazy altitude or FPV range records. However, I have seen a guy flying 2km+ (6,500'+) altitude with P2V (non-Plus) months ago in China.

No offence, if you do hunting for those records with P2V+, I have some crazy ideas below.

For altitude record, you may try this:
1. Mod pilot end with high gain (directional) 2.4G and 5.8G antennas;
2. Full throttle flying to 5,000' within 5 minutes or whatever altitude you are satisfied at a distance (avoid flying direct overhead while 5.8G antenna pointing null to you or bend one of P2V+ 5.8G antenna 90-degree to horizaontal polarized);
3. Take screen capture or video recorded of Vision app as altitude proof (or Flytrex);
4. Do CSC to shut down motors at 5,000' and let P2V+ free falling 4,000' within 1 minute to reach 1,000' altitude (remember to tight props with wrench to avoid loosen during free fall, you may also reset home point at 5,000' to disable intelligent motor control);
5. Do CSC again to start the motors and throttle up (also apply forward/backward to avoid prop wash) to slow down falling (secure the camera/gimbal against G-force);
6. Hope to hover at 500' then land it in one piece; :lol:

For FPV range record, you may try this:
1. Front/rear mount high gain (directional & light weight) 2.4G antennas on the aircraft;
2. Mod pilot end with high gain (directional) 2.4G and 5.8G antennas and 1-2W amplifiers;
3. Set to lowest Preview Quality 320x240 15fps. The lowest preview resolution would offer much longer (2X) FPV range than 640x480 if you only care about range instead of FPV quality;
4. Fly forward to a wide open area at full speed (ATTI) until 7.5km (DJI claimed P2V+ for 15km range) or whatever range you are satisfied. You may also plan for emergency landing in your return flight;
5. Take screen capture or video recorded of Vision app as range proof (or Flytrex);
6. Fly back at full speed (ATTI). In case running low/out of battery, you may land somewhere as you planned earlier; :twisted:

Just kidding :lol:

PVFlyer said:
1. Front/rear mount high gain (directional & light weight) 2.4G antennas on the aircraft;
2. Mod pilot end with high gain (directional) 2.4G and 5.8G antennas and 1-2W amplifiers;
3. Set to lowest Preview Quality 320x240 15fps. The lowest preview resolution would offer much longer (2X) FPV range than 640x480 if you only care about range instead of FPV quality;
4. Fly forward to a wide open area at full speed (ATTI) until 7.5km (DJI claimed P2V+ for 15km range) or whatever range you are satisfied. You may also plan for emergency landing in your return flight;
5. Take screen capture or video recorded of Vision app as range proof (or Flytrex);
6. Fly back at full speed (ATTI). In case running low/out of battery, you may land somewhere as you planned earlier;

You are adding in your own rules there... I'm not saying there actually are any official rules but... if you ditch somewhere and don't make it home... it's not a range record... you will get your *** handed to you in the forums and nobody takes those failed missions serious... you see it happen every time somebody does that.

DBS said:
PVFlyer said:
6. Fly back at full speed (ATTI). In case running low/out of battery, you may land somewhere as you planned earlier;

You are adding in your own rules there... I'm not saying there actually are any official rules but... if you ditch somewhere and don't make it home... it's not a range record... you will get your *** handed to you in the forums and nobody takes those failed missions serious... you see it happen every time somebody does that.
I'm unsure who is defining what rules. If there is any, I think preview quality is a key factor for FPV range. A complete flight screen video record of Vision app is a better proof, and let others know how good/bad of actual FPV experience. If there is no official rules, then the way you did does not mean others have to follow.

I'm just saying "in case" and "emergency landing", you can still save the bird to get more attempts regardless mission failed.

PVFlyer said:
DBS said:
If there is no official rules, then the way you did does not mean others have to follow.

I'm just saying "in case" and "emergency landing", you can still save the bird to get more attempts regardless mission failed.

I never said anything about people having to do things the way I did ... never even referred to the way I did anything ... I learned along the way that people don't take the effort seriously if it is a failed effort so I was just stating what happens on the forums (and youtube comments) if you ditch early and try to claim it as a "range record" ... it just doesn't set well and it has nothing to do with me ... i ain't nobody ... you jumped to that conclusion.

And using a ditch landing as a way out of trouble... yeah... of course that is a good idea to save your $1300 hardware. :ugeek:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart