FPV Booster App DOUBLE Vision+ FPV Range

Re: Software Boosted Vision+ DOUBLE FPV Range

Jayson Hanes said:
I think the transmit power from the phantom camera exhibits evidence that it's output power is dynamically controlled... the further away it flies.. the power increases.. the closer it is, it's reduced..

off topic,

but hey, Jasons here too! Good to see ARD2 guys here :)

borgqueenx said:
so the controller range is 1-1,2km without modding?
Hmm, that means i probaly want a stable power connection to get 640*480 30fps until that 1km.
Is that possible? Have you already found a sweet spot or are you going to implement different buttons for different goals. (different amount of power increase) or just as high possible?

AFAIK, Preview Quality 640x480 30fps is not stable in the latest version iOS 1.0.37 and Android 1.0.40 apps. Higher TX power does NOT always get longer range, especially in urban area with a lot of Wifi interference (noise).

PVFlyer said:
borgqueenx said:
Hmm, that means i probaly want a stable power connection to get 640*480 30fps until that 1km.
Is that possible? Have you already found a sweet spot or are you going to implement different buttons for different goals. (different amount of power increase) or just as high possible?

AFAIK, Preview Quality 640x480 30fps is not stable in the latest version iOS 1.0.37 and Android 1.0.40 apps. Higher TX power does NOT always get longer range, especially in urban area with a lot of Wifi interference (noise).
so it's best if you can make some buttons with explanations under them.
"increases power by xx, used in urban envoirements" stuff like that?

I thought Apple stopped using UDID for developers with iOS 6? I'll PM it to you, but are you sure its still usable? A few other things I've beta tested asked for something else. If you want my UDID, I'll send it. Please confirm

DrJoe said:
I thought Apple stopped using UDID for developers with iOS 6? I'll PM it to you, but are you sure its still usable? A few other things I've beta tested asked for something else. If you want my UDID, I'll send it. Please confirm
Apple only stopped app developers using API to retrieve UDID from iDevice for publishing apps. We only use UDID for compiling ad-hoc build for testing, while only those iDevices can run the ad-hoc.

Here is one who interest Beta testing. But im new in Forum, cannot send PM.
If you send me your email, I will email back to you.

Thanks

PVFlyer said:
I basically managed to boost the power of Vision+ aircraft. However, there seems a parameter residing in the stock repeater RE700 limiting the distance. The limit is around 1.4 KM per multiple range tests, regardless how much power I boosted (5X or 10X power).

I have some ideas to tweak with such limit though. I need my friend to help coding these tweaks in the app.

I wonder why DJI would limit the range like that. Strange.

PVFlyer said:
I wonder is there anybody made (or plan to make) antenna mod on the stock repeater RE700. If you did, what's FPV range you get? I usually use third-party repeater and helical antenna for long range flight, and easily get 2-3 KM range without problem on FPV.

Antenna mods for the vision plus are same as the vision

Didjelirium said:
I wouldn't mind beta test, since mine is not modded at all I can use it to figure out distance improvement compared to full stock version, but i'm having a hard time finding a large enough empty area to fly as far as i can in shanghai... So i might not be the best to give ya this evaluation... But if ya need beta-testers in different situations, i don't mind helping out. :)

Bless !

Use 640x480 30fps preview quality, that should sort your not enough space problem.

PVFlyer said:
borgqueenx said:

For myself and many others the android .40 version has been working very well at 640x480 30fps. I ran 6 batteries through my phantom at that setting with no freezing and smooth video even at distances over 1.2km. If you're having a problem with it, its likely do to other issues / software installs and configurations on your particular android device.

BenDronePilot said:
PVFlyer said:
I basically managed to boost the power of Vision+ aircraft. However, there seems a parameter residing in the stock repeater RE700 limiting the distance. The limit is around 1.4 KM per multiple range tests, regardless how much power I boosted (5X or 10X power).

I have some ideas to tweak with such limit though. I need my friend to help coding these tweaks in the app.

I wonder why DJI would limit the range like that. Strange.
It's unlikely DJI put a limit on that though there are various ways to do. I guess this is due to higher TX power would generate excess noise and lower SNR.

BenDronePilot said:
PVFlyer said:
borgqueenx said:

For myself and many others the android .40 version has been working very well at 640x480 30fps. I ran 6 batteries through my phantom at that setting with no freezing and smooth video even at distances over 1.2km. If you're having a problem with it, its likely do to other issues / software installs and configurations on your particular android device.
I tried 1.0.40 once 640@30fps on my old Nexus 7, it worked at home. When I brought it out and prepared to take off, 640@30fps preview was black out. I switched to 640@15fps, then it worked fine. I prefer to stay at 640@15fps for the time being.

PVFlyer said:
I tried 1.0.40 once 640@30fps on my old Nexus 7, it worked at home. When I brought it out and prepared to take off, 640@30fps preview was black out. I switched to 640@15fps, then it worked fine. I prefer to stay at 640@15fps for the time being.

Weird, I'm using the newer 2nd gen Nexus 7 with Android 4.2.2 and so far I have had no blackouts or lag as with the prior version of the app. at 30 fps. I wonder also if there may be issues with the app and it running with a Vision plus vs the regular Vision. Regardless of all that, at 15fps you will get longer range than 30 fps with juat a little less smoothness.

PVFlyer said:
terachart said:
When it's available for download^^
I anticipate the beta will be available for download by the end of this week or so. Only those sent over their UDID would be able to install the beta (ad-hoc build).

sweet..looking forward to this!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor