FPV Booster App DOUBLE Vision+ FPV Range

Re: Software Boosted Vision+ DOUBLE FPV Range

PVFlyer said:
I prefer to discuss Vision+ topics in the forum instead of PM. This would benefit all members of the forum.
This is true. However I figure you did not want to talk in the open since you had not posted any info about how you were connecting to the phantom.

MikesTooLz said:
PVFlyer said:
I prefer to discuss Vision+ topics in the forum instead of PM. This would benefit all members of the forum.
This is true. However I figure you did not want to talk in the open since you had not posted any info about how you were connecting to the phantom.

It's his achievement. The project started at early march, I saw the post in vision mods sub forum. I thought it would be a dead end. Maybe he needs to keep some secret before the app is done and sold. He and his friend deserve every benefit from it . However it would be great if he would like to share the code (or whatever it is ), we can work on it and help each other. This is his choice.
To pvflyer: i hope the vision will be supported too, thanks.

Imhenry said:
It's his achievement. The project started at early march, I saw the post in vision mods sub forum. I thought it would be a dead end. Maybe he needs to keep some secret before the app is done and sold. He and his friend deserve every benefit from it . However it would be great if he would like to share the code (or whatever it is ), we can work on it and help each other. This is his choice.

As my P2V went down & auto-landed into a pond during RTH in March, I don't have a P2V aircraft to do research and testing. :cry: I would focus on Vision+ for the time being, and hopefully to get a workable Vision+ app as I expected in May.

PVFlyer said:
Imhenry said:

As my P2V went down & auto-landed into a pond during RTH in March, I don't have a P2V aircraft to do research and testing. :cry: I would focus on Vision+ for the time being, and hopefully to get a workable Vision+ app as I expected in May.
Including 5 days of app store average approval times?^^
Would be cool^^ expect to buy my + end this month.

And how did it land there...whats the story behind that..sorry to hear.

borgqueenx said:
Including 5 days of app store average approval times?^^
Would be cool^^ expect to buy my + end this month.

And how did it land there...whats the story behind that..sorry to hear.
The story is under my signature "Stock P2V 2.7 KM (8,850') Long Range Test".

PVFlyer said:
May I know how many of you are using Android or iDevice? How many of you using both Android and iDevice?

A. iOS device only
B. Android device only
C. Both iOS and Android device

I would pick "C", as I use iPhone and HTC as my phones, I use Nexus 7 for flying Vision+, and use iPad3 for web surfing.

Such information would help us to prioritize the resources on development.

Based on your responses so far, the votes are as below.
A. iOS device only: 5
B. Android device only: 4
C. Both iOS and Android device (including a vote for D): 3

We may first start iOS beta testing in the coming week or so. May I know how many of you are willing to be a beta tester?

Yup.. Let me know how I can help

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

PVFlyer said:
PVFlyer said:
May I know how many of you are using Android or iDevice? How many of you using both Android and iDevice?

A. iOS device only
B. Android device only
C. Both iOS and Android device

I would pick "C", as I use iPhone and HTC as my phones, I use Nexus 7 for flying Vision+, and use iPad3 for web surfing.

Such information would help us to prioritize the resources on development.

Based on your responses so far, the votes are as below.
A. iOS device only: 5
B. Android device only: 4
C. Both iOS and Android device: 3

We may first start iOS beta testing in the coming week or so. May I know how many of you are willing to be a beta tester?

I wouldn't mind beta test, since mine is not modded at all I can use it to figure out distance improvement compared to full stock version, but i'm having a hard time finding a large enough empty area to fly as far as i can in shanghai... So i might not be the best to give ya this evaluation... But if ya need beta-testers in different situations, i don't mind helping out. :)

Bless !

100% in for beta testing on iOS. Stock Phantom 2V+.

PVFlyer said:
... I tried to measure the TX power, but there was no reading from my 2.4G power meter.
WiFI transmit time is short lived and random. Most power meters can't measure that.

Jayson Hanes said:
I think the transmit power from the phantom camera exhibits evidence that it's output power is dynamically controlled... the further away it flies.. the power increases.. the closer it is, it's reduced..
It could be the Automatic Gain Circuit (AGC) in the Phantom and the Repeater lag behind the increase in received power due to the approaching drone; thus overloading the receiver circuit until the AGC ramps down its sensitivity.

I can help when i receive my drone in 2 and a haf week:)
Doubt there is much to test though......its click 1 button and done- close the app right?

borgqueenx said:
Doubt there is much to test though......its click 1 button and done- close the app right?
There is a lot more Vision+ range test by flying your bird than clicking 1 button. I don't expect the app would crash by clicking such button anyway.

PVFlyer said:
borgqueenx said:
There is a lot more Vision+ range test by flying your bird than clicking 1 button. I don't expect the app would crash by clicking such button anyway.
so by beta testing you mean people testing range...but is that really beta testing? :p its dependant on other circumstances as well^^

For those willing to be beta testers of the Wifi booster, you may prepare/require the followings:
1. Own an iOS 7 device (such as iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad Mini or iPad), even some old iDevice models should work;
2. Willing to take risk;
3. Comfortable to fly 1-2KM range by FPV, which will be definitely way out of sight;
4. Likely to fly out of 5.8G control link (1000-1200m) and trigger RTH; I added a 11dBi (or 14dBi) 5.8G patch panel to the transmitter, and this would give me 3-4KM control range.
5. Willing to share your range test results regardless good or bad, including (1) Vision app Preview Quality - avoid using 640x480 30fps due to DJI's bug, (2) rural/sub-urban/urban area, (3) before/after boosted FPV range and altitude;
6. PM me your iOS 7 device's UDID; We need to compile an ad-hoc build with your UDID and you may install the ad-hoc to your iOS devices.

If you have Wifi Analyzer (or similar app in Android) showing hidden SSID, you may then check the signal strength before/after boosted. My Nexus 7 with Wifi Analyzer is able to show Vision+ hidden SSID as below.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7183&start=340

so the controller range is 1-1,2km without modding?
Hmm, that means i probaly want a stable power connection to get 640*480 30fps until that 1km.
Is that possible? Have you already found a sweet spot or are you going to implement different buttons for different goals. (different amount of power increase) or just as high possible?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z