FPV Booster App DOUBLE Vision+ FPV Range

Re: Software Boosted Vision+ DOUBLE FPV Range

PVFlyer said:
I wonder is there anybody made (or plan to make) antenna mod on the stock repeater RE700. If you did, what's FPV range you get? I usually use third-party repeater and helical antenna for long range flight, and easily get 2-3 KM range without problem on FPV.

It's being done all over the forums... youtube results showing one guy getting 6 km... A few others showing 4 km ... All with stock repeater and drone power only adding antennas.

DBS said:
PVFlyer said:
I basically managed to boost the power of Vision+ aircraft. However, there seems a parameter residing in the stock repeater RE700 limiting the distance. The limit is around 1.4 KM per multiple range tests, regardless how much power I boosted (5X or 10X power).

I have some ideas to tweak with such limit though. I need my friend to help coding these tweaks in the app.

That limit is set by connecting to the Phantom assistant software thru USB.... you can change both max altitude and max radius

Flight_Limits_1st.jpg

I don't think so. I think the limitation is about GPS not wifi.
Because My friend use P2 can't over 4KM, he setup 4KM in assistant software.

Exactly what we were talking about... He can fly way farther with a stronger wifi setup... but his limiter was stopping him from doing so... you answered the same answer but "didn't think so" :?

So basically the limit is set in the drone firmware ... not the repeater , as I showed in the screen shot to answer his question.

DBS said:
PVFlyer said:
I wonder is there anybody made (or plan to make) antenna mod on the stock repeater RE700. If you did, what's FPV range you get? I usually use third-party repeater and helical antenna for long range flight, and easily get 2-3 KM range without problem on FPV.

It's being done all over the forums... youtube results showing one guy getting 6 km... A few others showing 4 km ... All with stock repeater and drone power only adding antennas.

AFAIK, those 4-6 KM range were done by P2V (not Vision+). P2V is using RE500 repeater, which is NOT the same software configuration as RE700. DJI also responded from a support case that RE500 is not compatible with Vision+. That's why I asked is there any long range Vision+ flight using RE700 repeater.

DBS said:
Exactly what we were talking about... He can fly way farther with a stronger wifi setup... but his limiter was stopping him from doing so... you answered the same answer but "didn't think so" :?

So basically the limit is set in the drone firmware ... not the repeater , as I showed in the screen shot to answer his question.

I mean P2 assistant software can't control 5.8G video TX power. The video transmitter is stand alone.

PVFlyer said:
AFAIK, those 4-6 KM range were done by P2V (not Vision+). P2V is using RE500 repeater, which is NOT the same software configuration as RE700. DJI also responded from a support case that RE500 is not compatible with Vision+. That's why I asked is there any long range Vision+ flight using RE700 repeater.

Oh OK ... I didn't even think to make that distinction... I've seen a few that have made the mods to the RE700 but none boasting any incredible flights yet... I'll have mine done pretty soon here but I wasn't rushing anything because I want to see if you follow through on this app before I decide to go full boost on my onboard wifi with an amp... I'd rather not do that and add any weight or battery drain if you are gonna solve this with a software solution.

LMC said:
I mean P2 assistant software can't control 5.8G video TX power. The video transmitter is stand alone.

Video is bidirectional 2.4Ghz wifi... and yes ... we understand that the assistant has no control over that... I was just explaining to him that the physical distance limit is not a wifi limit... it is a limit set in the assistant.... which obviously sets it within the drones firmware controlling GPS calculations.... He understood that... you didn't understand that we understand ... and you are still trying to make a point that has already been made before you posted.

MikesTooLz said:
FPVflyer, please PM me. If you have the phantom's SSH password please let me know so I don't waist time brute forcing it.
He's not responding, I tried to PM him too. Looks like we're on our own. I will try to brute force it. If you beat me to it let me know please and I will do the same.

jdvmi00 said:
MikesTooLz said:
FPVflyer, please PM me. If you have the phantom's SSH password please let me know so I don't waist time brute forcing it.
He's not responding, I tried to PM him too. Looks like we're on our own. I will try to brute force it. If you beat me to it let me know please and I will do the same.
OK good.

jdvmi00 said:
MikesTooLz said:

I'm in Asia time zone, around 12-15 hours ahead of US time zone. I have many PMs everyday. I'm afraid I could not respond during office hours, as I got to work and earn for living. Flying Phantom is just one of my hobby in leisure time. I post this during my lunch hour right now.

Regarding SSH access, my friend loaded some certificates to my tablet, but I have no idea what he did. I can then open 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.1.2 without requiring password, and I change whatever settings as required.

DBS said:
PVFlyer said:

Oh OK ... I didn't even think to make that distinction... I've seen a few that have made the mods to the RE700 but none boasting any incredible flights yet... I'll have mine done pretty soon here but I wasn't rushing anything because I want to see if you follow through on this app before I decide to go full boost on my onboard wifi with an amp... I'd rather not do that and add any weight or battery drain if you are gonna solve this with a software solution.

Modding the antennas will give you a great increase in range than whatever power output increase the software hack will be able to do on its own. So either way its good to mod the range extender antenna with a lhcp helical.

BenDronePilot said:
Modding the antennas will give you a great increase in range than whatever power output increase the software hack will be able to do on its own. So either way its good to mod the range extender antenna with a lhcp helical.

Thank you... I'm well aware of the advantages (and limits) of modding antennas for increased flight range... but I'm gonna need increased power output as well for what I would like to do with the P2V+.

this is off topic but can some help me in here viewtopic.php?f=27&t=14074
I was attempting to update my plus to the 3.2 software when it al of a sudden began to flash re lights and beep continuously. i've tried all i know but it won't stop. no crashes, no issues before this. only 8 flights on this bird. any suggestions?

DBS said:
BenDronePilot said:

Thank you... I'm well aware of the advantages (and limits) of modding antennas for increased flight range... but I'm gonna need increased power output as well for what I would like to do with the P2V+.

+1 :D

Well, i was also doubting to make my own antenna's but getting to 1,4km is good enough for me.

PVFlyer said:
jdvmi00 said:
MikesTooLz said:

I'm in Asia time zone, around 12-15 hours ahead of US time zone. I have many PMs everyday. I'm afraid I could not respond during office hours, as I got to work and earn for living. Flying Phantom is just one of my hobby in leisure time. I post this during my lunch hour right now.

Regarding SSH access, my friend loaded some certificates to my tablet, but I have no idea what he did. I can then open 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.1.2 without requiring password, and I change whatever settings as required.
Well the reason we were discussing it here is because after our PM's we get no response, yet you were posting comments on this thread. Thought maybe you didn't notice or know there was a PM.(again still no response to the PM but your posting on here)

If you can have your friend send us those certificates that you said he placed on your tablet that would be helpful and save me some time this weekend from looking into something that you guys have already found.I would much rather spend that time flying my phantom. If he wants he can email me directly to talk about it, [email protected]

I'm less interested in boosting the signal and more interested in making sure that the phantom can't be hijacked.

DBS said:

I opened up my Vision+ aircraft yesterday. I tried to measure the TX power, but there was no reading from my 2.4G power meter. I double checked my DIY patch cables (mmcx -> RP-SMA) and they would work. I may need to buy a patch cable to re-check later.

Eventually, I used Wifi Analyzer and set multiple reference points of dBm to derive a rough TX power of the aircraft. Surprisingly, TX power is only 5mW or even lower, but I doubted my measurement and calculation.

Does anybody ever measure your Vision+ 2.4G Wifi?

MikesTooLz said:
PVFlyer said:

Well the reason we were discussing it here is because after our PM's we get no response, yet you were posting comments on this thread. Thought maybe you didn't notice or know there was a PM.(again still no response to the PM but your posting on here)

If you can have your friend send us those certificates that you said he placed on your tablet that would be helpful and save me some time this weekend from looking into something that you guys have already found.I would much rather spend that time flying my phantom. If he wants he can email me directly to talk about it, [email protected]

I'm less interested in boosting the signal and more interested in making sure that the phantom can't be hijacked.
I thought I had just replied to your question of SSH access right here in the quote. I prefer to discuss Vision+ topics in the forum instead of PM. This would benefit all members of the forum.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31