Found a Fix for DJI Android App Crash

I see have you got a tablet you can try?
Try deleting all dji apps etc and try litchi i use this more than goapp.
Incidentally the go app 4 won't install on my iPad air mini it's not new enough.
Put litchi in one part of phone and go app ,if you want that in another post of phone.. With xioami you have another space for this like another phone.
For me litchi wouldn't work with go app installed, it tells you this in screen...

I don't have a tablet. I might just go buy one though and use it for flying only. I have debated buying litchi but I haven't yet. You think it is better than the DJI app?

I don't have a tablet. I might just go buy one though and use it for flying only. I have debated buying litchi but I haven't yet. You think it is better than the DJI app?
You will always use GO or GO4 app to some extent. I have both and use GO4 mostly. GO4 works fine, but if you want to fly autonomously, Litchi works best for that purpose, overall. Both apps can reside on the same iPad. Run one or the other, but never run both at the same time. The cost of Litchi is peanuts, try it out if you need autonomous flight, otherwise learn and fly with GO4.

Last edited:
You will always use GO or GO4 app to some extent. I have both and use GO4 mostly. GO4 works fine, but if you want to fly autonomously, Litchi works best for that purpose, overall. Both apps can reside on the same iPad. Run one or the other, but never run both at the same time. The cost of Litchi is peanuts, try it out if you need autonomous flight, otherwise learn and fly with GO4.
Another advantage of Litchi is that it doesn't crash all the time ;)

I had some terrible experience with DJI App crashing mid flight while using my P4 Pro.

After some research online, I found the following settings to have stopped the crash (zero crash during my flight yesterday for close to 45 mins)

1. Go to your Video Cache settings and disable video cache
2. I had close to 625 MB of Video Cache..I deleted them from the phone as I suspected lack of sufficient memory was causing this..and I guess it helped
3. Went to developer settings and changed the pixel setting to 487 on my Android developer settings

Please remember without Cache turned on..you won't be able to see the video output before downloading from the SD card..

Thanks! My issue was the cached videos and the SD card in the P4P. It was a 64GB card but not good quality apparently. Using a Sony 16GB now, turned on video cache dump, all is well. Video cache dump erases the oldest videos as space is needed. Any recommendations on SD cards?

Roll back the operating system if your using Android. The new Android update to Nougat really messes up and caused my app to shut down all the time. I rolled it back and the app has not crashed One time.

Thanks! My issue was the cached videos and the SD card in the P4P. It was a 64GB card but not good quality apparently. Using a Sony 16GB now, turned on video cache dump, all is well. Video cache dump erases the oldest videos as space is needed. Any recommendations on SD cards?
The video cache and the SD card are independent. The cached video is kept in your iOS/Android device, stored with a 720 resolution, basically keeping your Lightbridge feed video in the tablet until it's purged out, sometimes automatically. You can view the video cache with the table disconnected from the RC and craft. The SD card from the camera doesn't cache anything, your video is STORED on the SD card until you erase it. The SD card STORES your video in the resolution you choose, either 720, 1080, 2700 or 4K. I personally choose to store my video in 1080, since my TV is 1080 and it's easier to edit 1080, and 95% of YouTubers view in 1080 or less.

To view your high quality NON LIGHTBRIDGE video, plug your SD card into a computer and play each video file, straight from the SD card. The cached video in your tablet is not coming from the SD, you need to download that SD to a computer to see it or edit it.

Last edited:
Reactions: cr6
Roll back the operating system if your using Android. The new Android update to Nougat really messes up and caused my app to shut down all the time. I rolled it back and the app has not crashed One time.
Unless your rooted, most Android devices won't allow you to roll back to an earlier version.

Try turning off usb debugging, put in phone airplane mode, don't use screen recording, delete any non mavic/phantom Litchi Apps.
i just use litchi but have update dt latest Goapp4 all is fine you don't have to use goal and all its restrictions...I like flying VR

yup use a decent modern telephone with 3gb of ram or more helps and turn of the wifi and data...

The issue with the app crashing in this case is due too poor coding. I have a Galaxy S7 edge and I can't fly through a battery without the app crashing.

I have a Galaxy S7, and GOApp4 crashes atleast twice during a flight. What have you done to fix the problem. It is scary when this happens.

It has helped me not to have any screen recording programs on and exit all applications before opening litchi or goapp4, I used to get frequent crashes, make sure usb debugging and any power saving in phone is switched off.
Also put in airplane mode after caching maps you need.
I've bought a much more powerful phone a xioami note 4 with before 8gb internal now 64gb with not 1 gb ram but 3 and HD screen all has helped.
I generally use Litchi VR and fly with goggles.
This was also advice from Litchi Support

I have a Nvidia Shield K1.
Since I rolled back to Android 6 the stability has improved enormously. Litchi does not crash anymore and Go4 sometimes.
Turning of the video cache used to work 1-2 year ago.

Reactions: coullit
well done , how did you downgrade? is there a link for it please?
I did fly goapp4 yesterday to a good distance no problems they say sports mode descent is faster and the improvements .
Litchi are about to bring out an update for Android support tells me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka