Found a Fix for DJI Android App Crash

Reaction score
I had some terrible experience with DJI App crashing mid flight while using my P4 Pro.

After some research online, I found the following settings to have stopped the crash (zero crash during my flight yesterday for close to 45 mins)

1. Go to your Video Cache settings and disable video cache
2. I had close to 625 MB of Video Cache..I deleted them from the phone as I suspected lack of sufficient memory was causing this..and I guess it helped
3. Went to developer settings and changed the pixel setting to 487 on my Android developer settings

Please remember without Cache turned on..you won't be able to see the video output before downloading from the SD card..

Knowing how Android operates normally when various app caches get too large, I've always cleared my cache before each flight with my past couple DJI drones and I've never experienced a crash.
It's good to hear this resolved your problem. Thanks for the heads up @P4King !

Reactions: P4King
I had some terrible experience with DJI App crashing mid flight while using my P4 Pro.

After some research online, I found the following settings to have stopped the crash (zero crash during my flight yesterday for close to 45 mins)

2. I had close to 625 MB of Video Cache..I deleted them from the phone as I suspected lack of sufficient memory was causing this..and I guess it helped
3. Went to developer settings and changed the pixel setting to 487 on my Android developer settings

Please remember without Cache turned on..you won't be able to see the video output before downloading from the SD card..
>>Thanks for your input.

I am very new to drones having a Parrot which died after a few hours and gave up trying to get help including from American Express with their extended purchase. They say since it is an "aircraft" no coverage.

I just ordered a DJI P4 refurbished from them directly and reading some thread I am worried about support.

Does anyone know a 3rd party insurance co that covers you for damage and loss> I would like to cover my butt. Please help

Regards

Walter

I wonder if that is the same thing that was happening to me on my P4 standard. I have been basically scared to fly because it was happening to me so much. The last time I flew it happened repeatedly during the same flight. App would black out and say disconnected, then come back, then say disconnected again. I have been pretty pissed off about it because it is a brand new bird. I paid a lot of money and didn't expect what has been happening. I posted the following the other day and was pretty frustrated due to the lack of answers. If your fix works for me Thank You man!!!

P4 Disconnects Midflight

Paul

Well ran the test and the issue is still there. Even did a factory reset with a clean install, but the problem is still there. It is fairly random happening at various times during the flight. The only common denominator is that the video stream scrambles and then the failure. The drone is only about 500ft away without any obstruction. What is funny is that all of the data is lost from the flight.

No I did not have USB debugging on. What is weird is that I did a complete factory reset which removed the developer option from the tablet. And still after a fresh reload it still exhibited the same symptoms. So there was no change from before this fix, after the fix, or the full reset. Litchi works without fail.

Well the latest testing is finding that the video feed gets unstable then the app crashes. I still do n ot have it locally cashed, thus it appears to be an internal problem with the software.

Try turning off "auto rotate" for the screen before starting the app. Mine crashed every single time until I turned that off.
32abd319614070ba9a4566144c9c7313.jpg

goapp and litchi works fine for me with android
using xioami note 4 but use VR with litchi
android 6 not 7 as people having glitches

get a phone/tablet with at least 2 gig of ram...

Reactions: P4King
P4 King,

What setting are you setting get to 487? I cannot find that in the developer settings.
Developer settings can be found in about section if your settings in android device..there are Youtube videos that walk you through the developer settings navigation for android devices..please refer to that.

get a phone/tablet with at least 2 gig of ram...
The amount of ram is not relevant. Not sure why would even think that. Even if you know nothing about how devices store data, the default cache size limit is 2GB in the DJI app. Which would be using up half of your available ram on even the most powerful devices. The video cache is stored on your phone in your internal memory. Your comment doesn't make sense and should be obvious if you thought about what you were saying before posting. The fact that the idea came into your head means you have zero clue of how your phone or tablet works. This would be like going on a forum for diabetics and telling them to get a new set of lungs.

From experience the more powerful phones I've used didn't keep crashing like a cheap low end new one.
They have more ram, more internal memory and 1080p or more hd screens to enjoy the feed even in the goggles this can be set to 1080 from 720 but can't record in 4k....

The issue with the app crashing in this case is due too poor coding. I have a Galaxy S7 edge and I can't fly through a battery without the app crashing.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20