Following a subject from a fixed point

Reaction score
P4P
Is it possible to follow a subject yawing the quad and tilting the camera from a fixed point or maybe custom flight from RC?

Sounds like active track may be worth a try. But I’m guessing the P4P will not stay in one spot if the subject moves to much. It will want to travel with the subject. This based on the videos I’ve seen. I haven’t actually tried that mode yet.

Sounds like active track may be worth a try. But I’m guessing the P4P will not stay in one spot if the subject moves to much. It will want to travel with the subject. This based on the videos I’ve seen. I haven’t actually tried that mode yet.
That was my first guess. It's a short route with a curve to track. It should be done manually, not a big issue, just wanted to know if there's something programmable.
Thank you

You can do that easily with autopilot or litchi.
I think he wants to keep the drone stationary and have it pan and tilt to follow a subject. Can you do that in Litchi without the drone moving?

Yes, you use track, just don’t tell it to follow.

I’m not sure which mode does it in autopilot, I have both but use litchi a lot more than autopilot.

I think Active Track, Spotlight may be just what you're looking for. The drone does not move (unless you command it) but remains focussed on the subject.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT