Follow Me

Reaction score
Went out today to try the follow me mode for a film project with another UAV colleague who has an inspire. I use a IPAD Mini2 as my device however when I tried the feature (I was at the proper altitude and in the F mode) when i hit apply I got a error saying not enough GPS lock...tried it multiple times nada...we then tried it with the inspire..same result. I changed my IPAD to a mini3 with cellular connectivity and bingo worked great...the odd thing with the mini2 and also on the inspire we had 18 satellites and nothing overhead to block signal..has anyone else had an issue like this? I havent seen anything about using a cellular device to make this feature work..side note the inspire worked well when he changed over to his IPHONE once again a cellular connection seeming to be the common link...

Went out today to try the follow me mode for a film project with another UAV colleague who has an inspire. I use a IPAD Mini2 as my device however when I tried the feature (I was at the proper altitude and in the F mode) when i hit apply I got a error saying not enough GPS lock...tried it multiple times nada...we then tried it with the inspire..same result. I changed my IPAD to a mini3 with cellular connectivity and bingo worked great...the odd thing with the mini2 and also on the inspire we had 18 satellites and nothing overhead to block signal..has anyone else had an issue like this? I havent seen anything about using a cellular device to make this feature work..side note the inspire worked well when he changed over to his IPHONE once again a cellular connection seeming to be the common link...
Only cellular versions of IOS devices have GPS. Follow me uses your devices GPS not the AC's
You do not need active cellular service on the device.

Only cellular versions of IOS devices have GPS. Follow me uses your devices GPS not the AC's
You do not need active cellular service on the device.

ahhh that explains it perfectly..i thought i was just being stupid..hard for me to tell the difference sometimes

Thanks, wish I'd seen that before. I made the mistake of going by the list on DJI's web site. But, in all fairness, that was probably before the "Follow Me" addition.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl