Follow me mode while doing activities.

Reaction score
In one of the ads for follow me it shows a guy skiing. Obviously you are not going to carry the remote while skiing. Can you do follow me without carrying the remote?

In one of the ads for follow me it shows a guy skiing. Obviously you are not going to carry the remote while skiing. Can you do follow me without carrying the remote?
Yup with Go App :)

From what I understand you can. But they advise to have the RC in case something goes wrong.

You are referring to the autopilot logic right? I too am learning and working through how to use it. Seems simple enough in the trailers and ads but I also am cautious of the other side. So many things can go wrong

Many questions and not many detailed answers

Let me know what you find out!!

Thanks

I have never connect my Phantom with just Go App. I always use the remote. I'm still fairly new. How do I connect without the remote.

Why not? It easily fits into a backpack, which is common attire when skiing.

Interested but what ski areas allow this? Also, what if the controls on your remote are inadvertently moved while in your backpack?

Reactions: jhoke
The third method uses Go App is best for range and does NOT require data (Litchi requires data).
Assuming you mean TetherGPS, how is it "best for range" if it uses wifi (30-50m at most)?

Assuming you mean TetherGPS, how is it "best for range" if it uses wifi (30-50m at most)?

Sorry. Best range for the DJI GO APP as the OP was talking about the advertised skier with the back pack on the DJI website.

Dont get me wrong, Your litchi and leash is great and ahead of its time, but im still waiting on the camera integration for settings etc. Its a annoying switching to go app just to change settings and then flick back to litchi (close app, unplug usb and plug in again)..

Reactions: envisionabove
Sorry. Best range for the DJI GO APP as the OP was talking about the advertised skier with the back pack on the DJI website.

Dont get me wrong, Your litchi and leash is great and ahead of its time, but im still waiting on the camera integration for settings etc. Its a annoying switching to go app just to change settings and then flick back to litchi (close app, unplug usb and plug in again)..
Camera settings (iso, shutterspeed, exposure meter) now available in the latest litchi beta...

Reactions: Mako79
When skiing you're usually descending pretty fast - would the phantom try to match altitude changes?
Seems unlikely, so you wouldn't get a very long useful clip.
Theoretically uses the barometer in the device. I'm pretty sure I saw a video of follow me where it was chasing ATVs, and it was moving up and down the hills w/ the ATVs.

Technically, if you wore a backpack and put the controller and device in that, it would work perfectly. Just don't wipe out and land on your back!

email and request to be part of the alpha/beta.
I've been part of the beta group since it was called the "Vision Plus'...

Theoretically uses the barometer in the device. I'm pretty sure I saw a video of follow me where it was chasing ATVs, and it was moving up and down the hills w/ the ATVs.

Technically, if you wore a backpack and put the controller and device in that, it would work perfectly. Just don't wipe out and land on your back!

The GO App doesn't use the phone/tablet's barometer. (Plus, not all devices have barometers - ie, ipad mini 2/3). it would maintain the SET altitude, no relative to the subject.

LITCHI and AutoFlight can use the device's barometer to maintain constant relative height from the subject.

The GO App doesn't use the phone/tablet's barometer. (Plus, not all devices have barometers - ie, ipad mini 2/3). it would maintain the SET altitude, no relative to the subject.

LITCHI and AutoFlight can use the device's barometer to maintain constant relative height from the subject.
Hm, wonder what I was looking at then...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl