Flytrex Live 3G Released - Review

Brent10 said:
I've now flown 29 missions with my Flytrex 3G with CAN-Bus adapter and H2OWireless SIM. Except for the recorded voltage drops viewtopic.php?f=4&t=36136 all seems to be working well. I am especially surprised (amd pleased) with how well the H2OWireless SIM has been working in rural Oklahoma. The 29 missions used less than $2 from my H2O account.

Hi Brent10 :)

Just wanted to post a short update that issue we had with the voltage drops is now fixed as well -- all missions (both new and past) should show the voltage correctly now. Thanks for the feedback and report! :)

amitregev said:
Just wanted to post a short update that issue we had with the voltage drops is now fixed as well -- all missions (both new and past) should show the voltage correctly now. Thanks for the feedback and report! :)

The voltage now looks good. Thanks, Amit!

Brent10 said:
amitregev said:

The voltage now looks good. Thanks, Amit!

Thank you for correcting this issue. Everything looks good from my profile as well. Cheers!

Is there anyway to check the status of my flytrex order, I cannot find any thing on their website for order details

March 5
March 16 Flytrex is on its way" with EMS tracking number
March 18th The EMS item is being forwarded to the EMS sorting center before sending it abroad.
March 18th 21:04 The EMS item was sent to the United States

I think mine is traveling with yours. :lol:[/quote]
26/03/2015 06:37 The EMS item arrived to the EMS Sorting in the United States . I think it was sent by row boat! :roll:

What's the fix for my Flight Mission times being several hours into the future on the Flytrex website?

Also, what is the "Connect with Facebook and Google+" on our profile pages? I signed in there with both Facebook and Google+ but it does nothing. I was hoping it would update social media whenever I begin a new flight but it does not.

Last edited:
March 5
March 16 Flytrex is on its way" with EMS tracking number
March 18th The EMS item is being forwarded to the EMS sorting center before sending it abroad.
March 18th 21:04 The EMS item was sent to the United States

I think mine is traveling with yours. :lol:
First the good news... my Flytrex arrived yesterday! Following is the complete chronology:

- March 9th: Ordered Flytrex Live 3G plus CAN Bus Adapter with $25 EMS Express shipping
- March 17th: Got email from Flytrex "Your Flytrex is on its way" with EMS tracking number
- March 18th 14:01: The EMS item is being forwarded to the EMS sorting center before sending it abroad
- March 18th 21:04: The EMS item was sent to the United States
- March 25th 22:50: The EMS item arrived to the EMS Sorting in the United States
- March 27th 08:44: The EMS item was sent to the post office nearest the addressee in the United States
- March 27th 08:45: Delivery attempt was made in the United States [not sure what this means - they didn't come to my house]
- March 28th 12:25: The EMS item was sent to the post office nearest the addressee in the United States
- March 28th: Delivered by USPS

dirtdummy, by the way it was reassuring that my Flytrex had a companion on its trip across the Atlantic. ;)

Anyway, now the "not-as-good news"... It almost works but not quite.... What I've done:

1. Installed in my Phantom.

2. Loaded updated firmware 18.20150205 (it arrived with firmware version #17) using the Flytrex Live 3G Programmer app

3. Activated and installed H2O Wireless SIM with $10 "H2O LTE MINUTE" plan

4. Used APN Programmer function of Flytrex Live Programmer to set APN Name to "PRODATA"

When I power up the Phantom over several seconds the lights go from Red to Purple to Blue and finally Green. It stays solid green but when I log into the Flytrex website and click on the Last Seen link it says "NO LOCATION SIGNAL RECEIVED FROM THIS LIVE. THIS USUALLY INDICATES LIVE DEVICE WAS NEVER USED UP UNTIL NOW."

According to the FAQ it says Flashing Green mean "Live connection established successfully." Mine is solid green - not sure if this is different.

It seems like I have a connection to Flytrex. For example, when I click on Manage Live Device it recognizes that I have the latest firmware. Originally it showed version #17 and now it shows #18 - I think the only way it could know this is if it connected successfully.

Any ideas? Support request to Flytrex?

- Scott

Thank you for correcting this issue. Everything looks good from my profile as well. Cheers!

Thanks guys! Glad to hear that we got the voltage part sorted. We're working on new exciting features for the site and I hope to have updates coming in the next couple of days. :)

Is there anyway to check the status of my flytrex order, I cannot find any thing on their website for order details

Hi Topdog11ttc :)

For the past couple of days we have shipped nearly all of our pending orders and almost finished catching up with our orders queue.

If you haven't received any email update yet and would like to verify the status of your order please let me know what was the name used with the order and I'll gladly review this and let you know. If you prefer, feel free to send me a PM here with the order name details and I'll follow-up quickly with more details.

Thanks! :)

First the good news... my Flytrex arrived yesterday! Following is the complete chronology:

- March 9th: Ordered Flytrex Live 3G plus CAN Bus Adapter with $25 EMS Express shipping
- March 17th: Got email from Flytrex "Your Flytrex is on its way" with EMS tracking number
- March 18th 14:01: The EMS item is being forwarded to the EMS sorting center before sending it abroad
- March 18th 21:04: The EMS item was sent to the United States
- March 25th 22:50: The EMS item arrived to the EMS Sorting in the United States
- March 27th 08:44: The EMS item was sent to the post office nearest the addressee in the United States
- March 27th 08:45: Delivery attempt was made in the United States [not sure what this means - they didn't come to my house]
- March 28th 12:25: The EMS item was sent to the post office nearest the addressee in the United States
- March 28th: Delivered by USPS

dirtdummy, by the way it was reassuring that my Flytrex had a companion on its trip across the Atlantic. ;)

Anyway, now the "not-as-good news"... It almost works but not quite.... What I've done:

1. Installed in my Phantom.

2. Loaded updated firmware 18.20150205 (it arrived with firmware version #17) using the Flytrex Live 3G Programmer app

3. Activated and installed H2O Wireless SIM with $10 "H2O LTE MINUTE" plan

4. Used APN Programmer function of Flytrex Live Programmer to set APN Name to "PRODATA"

When I power up the Phantom over several seconds the lights go from Red to Purple to Blue and finally Green. It stays solid green but when I log into the Flytrex website and click on the Last Seen link it says "NO LOCATION SIGNAL RECEIVED FROM THIS LIVE. THIS USUALLY INDICATES LIVE DEVICE WAS NEVER USED UP UNTIL NOW."

According to the FAQ it says Flashing Green mean "Live connection established successfully." Mine is solid green - not sure if this is different.

It seems like I have a connection to Flytrex. For example, when I click on Manage Live Device it recognizes that I have the latest firmware. Originally it showed version #17 and now it shows #18 - I think the only way it could know this is if it connected successfully.

Any ideas? Support request to Flytrex?

- Scott

Solid green means no sats, which is also why you don't see yourself on your flytrex page. blinking green means sats. i had the same problem when i first got it, took it outside and i was all good. hth

Reactions: Brent10
Solid green means no sats, which is also why you don't see yourself on your flytrex page. blinking green means sats. i had the same problem when i first got it, took it outside and i was all good. hth
Hmmm.... It isn't working yet and Flytrex hasn't responded to the ticket I opened last night.

When I went flying today I still had the solid green light on the Flytrex with flashing green lights on the Phantom indicating I had a good GPS location. No flight information has been logged on the Flytrex website and it still shows my Flytrex has never been seen.

- Scott

Trying to install my Flytrex Live 3G on my phantom 2 vision+ ver3. Got the bird open fine but cannot for the life of me see how either of what i think are the canbus connectors will attach to the canbus port. Either of the two appear too large for the port. The small white plug fits the Flytrex unit fine. Am I missing something? Thanks for your help!!

canbus plug.jpg
These are the only two ends other than the smaller white one that fits the Flytrex unit. Neither seem close to fitting in the canbus port in the Phantom.......scratching head.....thanks again!

Is it the GPS port I am supposed to be using for top plug above and NOT the port labeled "CAN"??? Then the bottom plug above is used to plug in the cable from the top shell of the Phantom?? Seems everything would fit if the GPS port is the one I am to use....just cant find video to support that.

View attachment 16315
These are the only two ends other than the smaller white one that fits the Flytrex unit. Neither seem close to fitting in the canbus port in the Phantom.......scratching head.....thanks again!
Its the black wire with the white ends. Plugs into the flytrex other end plugs into the side of the canbus.

Hi Topdog11ttc :)

For the past couple of days we have shipped nearly all of our pending orders and almost finished catching up with our orders queue.

If you haven't received any email update yet and would like to verify the status of your order please let me know what was the name used with the order and I'll gladly review this and let you know. If you prefer, feel free to send me a PM here with the order name details and I'll follow-up quickly with more details.

Thanks! :)

Blaine Vallem
amitregev

Last edited:
Its the black wire with the white ends. Plugs into the flytrex other end plugs into the side of the canbus.

Thanks for the reply, Dirt!! I have a smaller white plug with a red and orange wire coming out of it on one end. This fits into the Flytrex unit. On the other end of the cable, the wiring splits and there are two connectors...the ones I thumbnailed above. Neither of those ends appear to fit over the port labeled CAN. I will attach 3 other thumbnails showing the ends and the canbus port....Thanks again for your help!
20150330_181045.jpg 20150330_181220.jpg 20150330_181252.jpg

Thanks for the reply, Dirt!! I have a smaller white plug with a red and orange wire coming out of it on one end. This fits into the Flytrex unit. On the other end of the cable, the wiring splits and there are two connectors...the ones I thumbnailed above. Neither of those ends appear to fit over the port labeled CAN. I will attach 3 other thumbnails showing the ends and the canbus port....Thanks again for your help!
View attachment 16332 View attachment 16333 View attachment 16334

I believe that red wire is for another Phantom. Look at the picture here for the Vision 2 Plus thats what you need.
http://www.flytrex.com/support/flytrex-live-3g/manual/

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart