Flytrex Live 3G Released - Review

djsydvicious said:
I placed an order on March 5, 2015. Received aoutomated email confirming order and shipment would be made in the next 48 hours. Fast forward to today, March 11... No Tracking Number, No Shipping Email, No nothing.

is this the norm when placing an order? Does it really take 3 weeks as I've read in this post?
Received this today...

Thank you for your mail and apologies for the delay in final shipment of your order. We are working around the clock to register, test and package all devices in order to fulfill all outstanding orders. Your order was received and is confirmed. You should receive an email notification with tracking information this coming week (early to mid week) once your order leaves the shop.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. Please let me know if you have any other questions or require further information, I will be happy to help. Have a great weekend.

Rebecca Hecht,
Flytrex - The World's Leading Quadcopters and Multirotors Pilots Network
Join Today: flytrex.com  Like Us: facebook.com/flytrex Read All About Us: flytrex.com/blog
#KeepOnFlyin #Flytrex #Live3G

AmosMoses said:
bbfpv said:
AmosMoses said:
Hey Amit. Will the can-bus for the A2 work with the naza m in the +? Thanks!

No, or they would only be selling 1 adapter http://www.flytrex.com/shop/cables/

Seems like a dumb question? Maybe. I see they "offer" them as different adapters but without specific part numbers, which they don't show, I would like to know for sure. Also, if you look at the pictures, it's the exact same photo for each unit.
Not being smart because I don't know but are you a rep of Flytrex? Thanks.

Sorry didn't mean to come off "snarky" as they say around here ;)
I'm not a rep, but I've done a fair bit of research and reading, and I know that they're 2 distinct adapters and only work with the models listed as supported.

bbfpv said:
AmosMoses said:
bbfpv said:
AmosMoses said:
Hey Amit. Will the can-bus for the A2 work with the naza m in the +? Thanks!

No, or they would only be selling 1 adapter http://www.flytrex.com/shop/cables/

Seems like a dumb question? Maybe. I see they "offer" them as different adapters but without specific part numbers, which they don't show, I would like to know for sure. Also, if you look at the pictures, it's the exact same photo for each unit.
Not being smart because I don't know but are you a rep of Flytrex? Thanks.

Sorry didn't mean to come off "snarky" as they say around here ;)
I'm not a rep, but I've done a fair bit of research and reading, and I know that they're 2 distinct adapters and only work with the models listed as supported.

No problem. I've been searching this for a while myself and haven't been able to find anything 100% so I figured I'd go right to Flytrex since they do reply here. It wouldn't be the first time I've seen the same part listed for two different applications.
Next question. Does anyone know of ANY US retailers that have the can-bus for the P2V + in stock?? I'm desperately in need of one!

Check the flytrex website under retailers. That's how I found my first one, there's a list of around 8 US retailers.

wkf94025 said:
"Flew" around the yard on foot for the maiden. Confirmed mission uploaded. Headed out now for the real test. Seeing voltage zero spikes as previously discussed elsewhere.

Flew several successful missions this morning. Android app works well giving real-time flight map. A few quibbles here and there with how it all works, which I emailed to Flytrex, but generally happy with ease of installation, and quality data logged.

I am seeing the FL3G go blinking green about 30 seconds after P2 has 6 or more sats and auto-sets Home Point. Are others seeing similar "boot" times for FL3G?

Usage question: if I come home, land, rest 30 seconds without powering off, and resume flying, is that one mission or two?

Kelly

wkf94025 said:
wkf94025 said:
"Flew" around the yard on foot for the maiden. Confirmed mission uploaded. Headed out now for the real test. Seeing voltage zero spikes as previously discussed elsewhere.

Flew several successful missions this morning. Android app works well giving real-time flight map. A few quibbles here and there with how it all works, which I emailed to Flytrex, but generally happy with ease of installation, and quality data logged.

I am seeing the FL3G go blinking green about 30 seconds after P2 has 6 or more sats and auto-sets Home Point. Are others seeing similar "boot" times for FL3G?

Usage question: if I come home, land, rest 30 seconds without powering off, and resume flying, is that one mission or two?

Kelly
I just installed and tested mine yesterday, but I get the Flytrex green (connected to the cellphone carrier) in just a few seconds, but it takes my Phantom 3 to 5 minutes to get 6 satellites. (Which is why I bought the Flytrex - I often have to fly to get more than 6 satellites).
I suspect that your scenario will be one flight. I would guess as a programmer (retired) that if you shut down the Phantom, the Flytrex would disconnect and the server would process the flight.

milspecjsc said:
To add to my story, I received the notification it was just a few miles from me (excitement building) and then 20 minutes later another status stating my package had been returned because of an incorrect address. After confirming the address was correct, I called USPS to see what the issue was. They informed me that the address they had on file was not deliverable (I've lived here for 20+ years) and it was too late because the package had been returned. Absolutely frustrated after the debacle in customs and Jamaica, I gave up. Then the doorbell rang. It was my package. Frustration was replaced by excitement but it just underscores that the tracking mechanism with the USPS cannot be trusted.

SteveMann said:
Brent10 said:
According to USPS tracking, my Flytrex suddenly appeared in town today after sitting in NY for days or weeks. However, my joy was short lived as I later received a notice that the package is "undeliverable as addressed" and "Your item was forwarded to a different address". What different address?!
I contacted Flytrex and they confirmed that they have my correct address.
So either: Flytrex printed the label incorrectly; the label is unreadable because it decomposed while languishing in New York; or the USPS has no idea what it is doing.
I will be inconsolably displeased if the Flytrex takes over a month to get here and comes within five miles of me only to be sent back to Israel!
"undeliverable as addressed" may mean that you weren't there to sign for it, but there should have been a yellow tag in your mailbox. Copy the email text and go to your post office and ask them to investigate.

I finally have the Flytrex Live 3G and cables in my hand today. Yay!
The two-week layover in NY was, according to the USPS, an "unknown problem due either to human error or weather", but the delivery to the wrong local Post Office appears to have been caused by a nearly illegible hand-written zip code on the primary mailing label which the USPS had marked out and written in their best guess (which was wrong). This may be the cause of a similar problem experienced by milspecjsc

djsydvicious said:
djsydvicious said:
I placed an order on March 5, 2015. Received aoutomated email confirming order and shipment would be made in the next 48 hours. Fast forward to today, March 11... No Tracking Number, No Shipping Email, No nothing.

is this the norm when placing an order? Does it really take 3 weeks as I've read in this post?
Received this today...

Thank you for your mail and apologies for the delay in final shipment of your order. We are working around the clock to register, test and package all devices in order to fulfill all outstanding orders. Your order was received and is confirmed. You should receive an email notification with tracking information this coming week (early to mid week) once your order leaves the shop.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. Please let me know if you have any other questions or require further information, I will be happy to help. Have a great weekend.

Rebecca Hecht,
Flytrex - The World's Leading Quadcopters and Multirotors Pilots Network
Join Today: flytrex.com  Like Us: facebook.com/flytrex Read All About Us: flytrex.com/blog
#KeepOnFlyin #Flytrex #Live3G

Lucky you! I placed two orders on 26 February, received the despatching in 48 hours email and then... nothing. An email to Amit remains unanswered so I think I had better check with PayPal what the time limit is for making a claim.

Enjoy yours when you eventually get it.

Looks like the whatever the bottleneck was has been rectified. Ordered another one on the 10th, just got confirmation it hit the NY sort facility just now. Fingers crossed, hope everyone else is getting the USPS tickler emails today as well.

I just ordered two more FL3G's with CAN-Bus cable from UAV Outlet for my other P2's. They have both products in stock, and mine shipped less than an hour after hitting the Order button. Should have them early next week, assuming Florida to California does not involve international shipping or severe weather routes. ;)

Kelly

wkf94025 said:
I just ordered two more FL3G's with CAN-Bus cable from UAV Outlet for my other P2's. They have both products in stock, and mine shipped less than an hour after hitting the Order button. Should have them early next week, assuming Florida to California does not involve international shipping or severe weather routes. ;)

Kelly

I called them on Tuesday about the can-bus and was told nope with no guess when they'd have any? [emoji45] hmmm.....

bbfpv said:
Looks like the whatever the bottleneck was has been rectified. Ordered another one on the 10th, just got confirmation it hit the NY sort facility just now. Fingers crossed, hope everyone else is getting the USPS tickler emails today as well.

bbfpv can you confirm that you ordered on 10 th March direct from Flytrex and which product you ordered please? I placed two separate orders on 26th February for 3G and Canbus and they have still not been despatched. I am getting totally peed off with this now.

yep. CAN-BUS on March 10th, Live on March 12th. Amit told me yesterday that whatever the issues there were w/ shipping have been rectified and stuff should start moving out of Tel Aviv at a more reasonable pace.

fwiw, I've been owed a Live since the one I got in Jan was faulty. I elected to wait for the CAN-BUS to be available before Amit shipped me the replacement Live. This is also the 3rd Live he's shipped me, the 2nd one never left Tel Aviv so he sent me another on the 12th, after forgetting to include one in the shipment on the 10th.....

bbfpv said:
yep. CAN-BUS on March 10th, Live on March 12th. Amit told me yesterday that whatever the issues there were w/ shipping have been rectified and stuff should start moving out of Tel Aviv at a more reasonable pace.

fwiw, I've been owed a Live since the one I got in Jan was faulty. I elected to wait for the CAN-BUS to be available before Amit shipped me the replacement Live. This is also the 3rd Live he's shipped me, the 2nd one never left Tel Aviv so he sent me another on the 12th, after forgetting to include one in the shipment on the 10th.....

Thanks for that. I'll try to email Amit again but he still hasn't answered my last so I'll not hold my breath waiting for a reply.

It arrived!!!! Got it hooked up and it appears to work ok with first test flight.

Here is my timeline so you may know what to expect. Paid for express shipping...
Ordered Feb 3. Shipped Feb 26. Problem with quality control with the can-bus for phantom 2 which delayed shipping.
Shipped Feb 26 according to notification email, arrived at shipper on March 1. This is the first place tracking picked up.
Shipped to the US on March 1. Tracking froze. No word until March 11 where it was in New York.
March 11-March 15 >> time to travel to from New York to me in Mississippi.

CAN-BUS arrived, Live out for delivery today.

Most recent timeline:
Ordered CAN-BUS on the 10th, left Tel Aviv 11th, on my doorstep the 13th.
Ordered Live 11th, left Tel Aviv 12th, out for delivery on the 16th.
(I live in NY)

bbfpv said:
CAN-BUS arrived, Live out for delivery today.

Most recent timeline:
Ordered CAN-BUS on the 10th, left Tel Aviv 11th, on my doorstep the 13th.
Ordered Live 11th, left Tel Aviv 12th, out for delivery on the 16th.
(I live in NY)

:eek: :shock: :eek: :shock:

Impressed!!

You are probably ticked off with my constant complaining about the non-appearance of my order but at last I have something positive to say.

At the third attempt I have managed to get a reply from Amit. I was concerned that my orders placed on 26th February were being overlooked whilst others placed later were being fulfilled. Amit's detailed reply to me today has explained that the reason is that they have run out of stock of 3G units destined for non US destinations. It seems that units for the European market have a different configuration to those for the US. I can only assume that this has something to do with differences in the 3G mobile network and have asked Amit for clarification.

I did point out to Amit that better communications from Flytrex would save a lot of concern by their customers. Meanwhile, I have at least another two weeks to wait for my orders. I certainly hope that I have the system installed and tested for a short holiday planned for next month.

Dear God above I can't handle any more drama because of my Flytrex!!! [GRIMACING FACE]
Finally received my can-bus adapter after my order for the 3g was missing it (by my mistake I guess) and now after almost 2 and a half months of waiting and drama I get no power to the 3g!! Since the install with the can-bus is pretty straight forward I'm sure it's hooked up properly. Unless there's something I have to do in the dji software to "turn on" or activate the can-bus port I'm guessing my 3g is doa! I have to walk away for now or I'm going to freak out!! Argh!

AmosMoses said:
Dear God above I can't handle any more drama because of my Flytrex!!! [GRIMACING FACE]
Finally received my can-bus adapter after my order for the 3g was missing it (by my mistake I guess) and now after almost 2 and a half months of waiting and drama I get no power to the 3g!! Since the install with the can-bus is pretty straight forward I'm sure it's hooked up properly. Unless there's something I have to do in the dji software to "turn on" or activate the can-bus port I'm guessing my 3g is doa! I have to walk away for now or I'm going to freak out!! Argh!

Hi AmosMoses :)

Can you please post a few pictures showing your setup and installation with the new Live 3G and the CAN-BUS Adapter?

If you prefer, please email me the pictures to amit[at]flytrex[dot]com and I'll review this quickly and see what might be causing this.

Thanks!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ODIN Reviews