Flytrex Live 3G Released - Review

Tic Toc !!!!

Attachments

• Flytex.png
    Flytex.png
    88.2 KB · Views: 402
I'm still waiting for my order. The last update was on February 24 (appear that the item is on the way to the United States) . Has anyone received his order for that batch(when there were delays) ?

fanelectronico said:
I'm still waiting for my order. The last update was on February 24 (appear that the item is on the way to the United States) . Has anyone received his order for that batch(when there were delays) ?

No, never got that one. Still says it's on the way out of Israel. One from March arrived last Fri.

I am still waiting for mine as well, and am apparently in the February 24 batch. After all this waiting, if it is DOA...

UAV Outlet just shipped me two more FL3G's with Phantom 2 non-vision CAN-Bus adapters. Units arrived just a few days after ordering. If you are in the US and P2-non-vision based, I recommend UAV Outlet. Very good response, including weekends.

Kelly

I've now flown 29 missions with my Flytrex 3G with CAN-Bus adapter and H2OWireless SIM. Except for the recorded voltage drops viewtopic.php?f=4&t=36136 all seems to be working well. I am especially surprised (amd pleased) with how well the H2OWireless SIM has been working in rural Oklahoma. The 29 missions used less than $2 from my H2O account.

Whats the best way to install a single Flytrex 3g on a Vision and use the same one on a Vision + would be to purchase 2 can_bus adapters?
Thanks (share/switch between them)

vico36 said:
Mine did not automatically update and I could see the latest version in my flytrex account settings, I managed to install the latest firmware after many reboots and reinstalling the FTDI drivers about 10 times eh. Turns out using the "no longer supported" ftdi drivers (http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm) and following this installation guide http://www.ftdichip.com/Support/Documen ... ndows7.pdf is what worked for me.

I just discovered my firmware was out of date and this worked for me, thanks for posting these links!

Placed order on 21st these guys haven't shipped out anything yet and they don't reply to any of my email.I guess next step is to contact PayPal.They say they ship every 48 hours but yeah nothing.

Brent10 said:
I've now flown 29 missions with my Flytrex 3G with CAN-Bus adapter and H2OWireless SIM. Except for the recorded voltage drops viewtopic.php?f=4&t=36136 all seems to be working well. I am especially surprised (amd pleased) with how well the H2OWireless SIM has been working in rural Oklahoma. The 29 missions used less than $2 from my H2O account.

6 cents per flight insurance premium (above fixed acquisition costs) to protect $1,500 asset. Those numbers work.

Kelly

tokoam said:
Placed order on 21st these guys haven't shipped out anything yet and they don't reply to any of my email.I guess next step is to contact PayPal.They say they ship every 48 hours but yeah nothing.

Your profile does not say where you are in the world. I was surprised to learn recently that there are two versions of the 3G Live; one for North America and the other for the rest of the world. In an email from Amit this morning he confirmed that it was to do with the difference in frequencies used on the cellar networks.

Back to your problem. If you are one of those not in North America, Flytrex have been out of stock of 'rest of the world' devices. According to Amit, this stock is now replenished and tested and units are being sent out. Mine was ordered on 26 February and Amit says it should be despatched by Monday at the latest. If yours was not ordered until March you may have a little longer to wait.

It's completely frustrating having to wait, with very little communication from the vendor, but I can attest that the wait is totally worth it. The quality of the product is far superior to anything else out there, and as wkf said a few pages ago -- it's better to have to wait for quality than to get crap instantly -- (I paraphrased). It's a whole new world of flying once you know where your bird is at all times!

Apparition said:
I ordered mine last week. I'm patiently waiting because it said it could take up to 30 days.

It can actually go well over 30 days even with Express shipping. I was so frustrated by the long processing/shipping time that I was a bit mad at it. It does work well though. I think they have a hot product and are going through some growing trouble. If they use a logistics professional, he needs to be replaced with one who knows how to grow an international business.

terrylowe said:
Apparition said:
I ordered mine last week. I'm patiently waiting because it said it could take up to 30 days.

It can actually go well over 30 days even with Express shipping. I was so frustrated by the long processing/shipping time that I was a bit mad at it. It does work well though. I think they have a hot product and are going through some growing trouble. If they use a logistics professional, he needs to be replaced with one who knows how to grow an international business.
Still haven't received my Flytrex Live 3G and CAN bus adapter, which I ordered with $25 EMS Express shipping.

Following is the chronology so far:
- March 9th: Ordered
- March 17th: Got email "Your Flytrex is on its way" with EMS tracking number
- March 18th 14:01: Tracking update "The EMS item is being forwarded to the EMS sorting center before sending it abroad."
- March 18th 21:04: Tracking update "The EMS item was sent to the United States."

No more tracking updates so far.... Anyway, I'm looking forward to using it when it arrives!

- Scott

Scott848 said:
terrylowe said:
Apparition said:

Still haven't received my Flytrex Live 3G and CAN bus adapter, which I ordered with $25 EMS Express shipping.

Following is the chronology so far:
- March 9th: Ordered
- March 17th: Got email "Your Flytrex is on its way" with EMS tracking number
- March 18th 14:01: Tracking update "The EMS item is being forwarded to the EMS sorting center before sending it abroad."
- March 18th 21:04: Tracking update "The EMS item was sent to the United States."

No more tracking updates so far.... Anyway, I'm looking forward to using it when it arrives!

- Scott
March 5
March 16 Flytrex is on its way" with EMS tracking number
March 18th The EMS item is being forwarded to the EMS sorting center before sending it abroad.
March 18th 21:04 The EMS item was sent to the United States

I think mine is traveling with yours. :lol:

terrylowe said:
Apparition said:

Really sorry guys for those delays! We've been handling major loads of orders the past few weeks (I guess this is a good thing after all :) ), and we're doing our best to improve and optimize some of our logistics and processes as quickly as possible.

Some of the changes are easier and others takes longer as their require changes to our systems and servers. In the meantime, we already managed to improve shipping times dramatically and new orders are shipped within ~6 days in most cases (some go out much faster, really depends on the content of each order) and we hope to get back to our 48 hours time frame shipments pretty soon.

We're very sorry for these delays. Thank you for your patience and support all! :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor