Flytrex Live 3G Released - Review

According to USPS tracking, my Flytrex suddenly appeared in town today after sitting in NY for days or weeks. However, my joy was short lived as I later received a notice that the package is "undeliverable as addressed" and "Your item was forwarded to a different address". What different address?!
I contacted Flytrex and they confirmed that they have my correct address.
So either: Flytrex printed the label incorrectly; the label is unreadable because it decomposed while languishing in New York; or the USPS has no idea what it is doing.

I will be inconsolably displeased if the Flytrex takes over a month to get here and comes within five miles of me only to be sent back to Israel!

What a fiasco.

Brent10 said:
According to USPS tracking, my Flytrex suddenly appeared in town today after sitting in NY for days or weeks. However, my joy was short lived as I later received a notice that the package is "undeliverable as addressed" and "Your item was forwarded to a different address". What different address?!
So either: Flytrex printed the label incorrectly; the label is unreadable because it decomposed while languishing in New York; or the USPS has no idea what it is doing.

I will be inconsolably displeased if the Flytrex takes over a month to get here and comes within five miles of me only to be sent back to Israel!

What a fiasco.

I vote that the usps has no idea what they're doing!! Funny thing is, the dude that delivered mine was in what looked to be his personal car. I had to sign for it and he first asked if and I quote "is be for you?" because he couldn't tell if a 1 was a 1 because he thought it might be an 8?? Wth? It was clearly a one!

Good luck to you Dremt10! Hopefully Flytrex will help out.

Brent10 said:

What a fiasco.
"undeliverable as addressed" may mean that you weren't there to sign for it, but there should have been a yellow tag in your mailbox. Copy the email text and go to your post office and ask them to investigate.

I placed an order on March 5, 2015. Received aoutomated email confirming order and shipment would be made in the next 48 hours. Fast forward to today, March 11... No Tracking Number, No Shipping Email, No nothing.

is this the norm when placing an order? Does it really take 3 weeks as I've read in this post?

djsydvicious said:
I placed an order on March 5, 2015. Received aoutomated email confirming order and shipment would be made in the next 48 hours. Fast forward to today, March 11... No Tracking Number, No Shipping Email, No nothing.

is this the norm when placing an order? Does it really take 3 weeks as I've read in this post?
I would think you should have received a tracking number by now. Most of the problems are after it leaves Flytrex. The ems carrier they use is pretty much incompetent and the usps is just the icing on the cake.
If you use Facebook I'd suggest asking them about your order there. If not you could try the support email but that's hit or miss sometimes too.

You can try to send them a pm here. You'll have to look back a few pages. The user name is amitregev.

Moose said:
Fdnyfish said:
Nice report

For the USA pilots.... H2O Wireless $10 prepaid is good for 90 days before you need to refill. It’s .10 cents per MB with translate to 1000MB/1GB. That should be plenty for 3 months. H2O Wireless works off the AT&T Cell network.

https://www.h2owirelessnow.com/mainCont ... =planMin10

Get Sim card here: https://www.h2owirelessnow.com/mainCont ... ode=SIM005

The AT&T Plan is $15 per month and expires after 30 days !!!!

Hey FDNYFish,
I wanted to thank you for your suggestion using "H2O"wireless for the Sim data company for the Fly-Trex 3g, I live in Houston & every greedy Cellular company here won't play ball offering a decent price for what it is we need.... The "H2O" deal is PERFECT!!! GREAT TIP!!!! Much Thanks - after a frustrating search for a company...

Moose

So, I do I order the Nano Sim Starter Kit for $14.99 or the H2O Dual Smart SIM for $9.99

UPDATE: It looks like I need the Dual Sim

djsydvicious said:
Moose said:
Fdnyfish said:
Nice report

For the USA pilots.... H2O Wireless $10 prepaid is good for 90 days before you need to refill. It’s .10 cents per MB with translate to 1000MB/1GB. That should be plenty for 3 months. H2O Wireless works off the AT&T Cell network.

Hey FDNYFish,
I wanted to thank you for your suggestion using "H2O"wireless for the Sim data company for the Fly-Trex 3g, I live in Houston & every greedy Cellular company here won't play ball offering a decent price for what it is we need.... The "H2O" deal is PERFECT!!! GREAT TIP!!!! Much Thanks - after a frustrating search for a company...

Moose

So, I do I order the Nano Sim Starter Kit for $14.99 or the H2O Dual Smart SIM for $9.99

The H2O Dual Smart SIM for $9.99. See here for a little more info on activating it:

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28149&p=299201&hilit=H2O#p299201

I've had zero problems with either activating or operating mine. Note that this card is available at multiple locations, Best Buy being one.

Chuck26287 said:
djsydvicious said:
Moose said:
Fdnyfish said:
Nice report

Hey FDNYFish,

Moose

The H2O Dual Smart SIM for $9.99. See here for a little more info on activating it:

I've had zero problems with either activating or operating mine. Note that this card is available at multiple locations, Best Buy being one.
Thanks. I will order as soon as I can get a tracking number. In the meantime, I'm going to try Best But.

Chuck26287 said:
djsydvicious said:
Moose said:
Fdnyfish said:
Nice report

Hey FDNYFish,

Moose

You can get the H20 sim on Amazon for $. 01! That's where I got mine.

http://www.amazon.com/H2O-Wireless-Unlo ... B00C0DL9FK

If anyone is looking to buy a 3g with the can-bus, I just got off the phone with AL from Roy's Hobby shop in Hurst, TX. He just got a few in today!
Seems like a good guy to deal with from my talking to him.
Said they should be tested and ready to ship as soon as tomorrow.

My FL3G with CAN-Bus arrived this afternoon. Ordered last Saturday from UAV Outlet, shipped Monday via 2-day USPS, tracking worked, package arrived today. Now if I can sneak the SIM card from my wife's iphone (AT&T) when she's not looking, I should be layin' tracks before dark...

Installation confirmation question for anyone in the know: Previously I put iOSD and CAN-Bus hub inside shell. Thinking I would now put Flytrex CAN-Bus module inside shell too, including thick wires connecting it to CAN-Bus hub, and then run thin Flytrex wires between Flytrex CAN-Bus module (inside shell) and Flytrex main module (outside shell) through "leg hole" to Flytrex main module mounted underneath shell adjacent to VTx.

Kelly

Can I use the CAN-Bus cable with a P2V NON+ ?

Flavor911 said:
Chuck26287 said:
You want to order the H2O Dual Smart SIM ($9.99). If it's easier, you can buy them off the rack in a clamshell pack at Best Buy. That's how I bought mine. Just activated it online at H2OWirelessNow.com/activate earlier today. Extremely easy and smooth. Using the ActFast code that comes with the card, you don't even have to know your Flytrex Live 3G IMEI number (which I don't think you can get until you register the Flytrex Live 3G with your Flytrex account, then it updates your info with it). Then you charge the card. The only confusing thing was the option for the Pay As You Go Plan... nothing said "Pay As You Go" on that form... you select the "MINUTE PLAN" for pay as you go. Then put $10 on it and your set.

Then, insert the SIM into the Flytrex Live 3G, fire it up and wait for the flashing green light. Worked great. Then I went to my live flight page on the Flytrex server, and there I was, right where I was supposed to be. Very acurate position, even through my house. I then went back to check how much was still on the SIM, and it had $9.97. $0.03 to set everything up and verify operation. Oh yeah... I also updated the firmware during that time.

Thanks for the info. I found the card at Best Buy $9.99 and it was in a clam shell. It said Pay As You Go and it was a Smart Sim. My activation experience was easy but different that yours.

When I went to the h2Owireless.com/activate link I was able to enter all the data it asked or except for the Airtime PIN which was the last piece it asked for. I then decided to simply call the H2O customer service phone number. Over the automated system I selected to open a new account with a new phone number, it asked for the card's ACTFast number and then it gave me a phone number. Once I had the number I was able to simply go to https://www.h2owirelessnow.com/mainCont ... =rechargeB where I loaded $10 on the card. Popped the card in the Flytrex and it works great. No IMEI needed. I guess that's where the Smart Sim part comes in.

Just to add to the list of positive H20 success stories: Bought the $35 starter kit at Target last night (they didn't have the $10 option in stock). Went to their web site and used online chat with their customer support to walk me through setup of the $10 pay-as-you-go plan on the SIM. Quality support. Fired up P2 with FL3G and first time success. Install is clean, with CAN-Bus part inside, and main module outside shell under belly, with VTx adjacent. "Flew" around the yard on foot for the maiden. Confirmed mission uploaded. Headed out now for the real test. Seeing voltage zero spikes as previously discussed elsewhere.

Kelly

wkf94025 said:
Flavor911 said:
Chuck26287 said:
You want to order the H2O Dual Smart SIM ($9.99). If it's easier, you can buy them off the rack in a clamshell pack at Best Buy. That's how I bought mine. Just activated it online at H2OWirelessNow.com/activate earlier today. Extremely easy and smooth. Using the ActFast code that comes with the card, you don't even have to know your Flytrex Live 3G IMEI number (which I don't think you can get until you register the Flytrex Live 3G with your Flytrex account, then it updates your info with it). Then you charge the card. The only confusing thing was the option for the Pay As You Go Plan... nothing said "Pay As You Go" on that form... you select the "MINUTE PLAN" for pay as you go. Then put $10 on it and your set.

Then, insert the SIM into the Flytrex Live 3G, fire it up and wait for the flashing green light. Worked great. Then I went to my live flight page on the Flytrex server, and there I was, right where I was supposed to be. Very acurate position, even through my house. I then went back to check how much was still on the SIM, and it had $9.97. $0.03 to set everything up and verify operation. Oh yeah... I also updated the firmware during that time.

Thanks for the info. I found the card at Best Buy $9.99 and it was in a clam shell. It said Pay As You Go and it was a Smart Sim. My activation experience was easy but different that yours.

When I went to the h2Owireless.com/activate link I was able to enter all the data it asked or except for the Airtime PIN which was the last piece it asked for. I then decided to simply call the H2O customer service phone number. Over the automated system I selected to open a new account with a new phone number, it asked for the card's ACTFast number and then it gave me a phone number. Once I had the number I was able to simply go to https://www.h2owirelessnow.com/mainCont ... =rechargeB where I loaded $10 on the card. Popped the card in the Flytrex and it works great. No IMEI needed. I guess that's where the Smart Sim part comes in.

Just to add to the list of positive H20 success stories: Bought the $35 starter kit at Target last night (they didn't have the $10 option in stock). Went to their web site and used online chat with their customer support to walk me through setup of the $10 pay-as-you-go plan on the SIM. Quality support. Fired up P2 with FL3G and first time success. Install is clean, with CAN-Bus part inside, and main module outside shell under belly, with VTx adjacent. "Flew" around the yard on foot for the maiden. Confirmed mission uploaded. Headed out now for the real test. Seeing voltage zero spikes as previously discussed elsewhere.

Kelly

Thanks wkf94025 for the share and feedback about H2O! Their package is really a great fit for the Live 3G for US pilots and seems like they got very solid coverage.

I wanted to mention we will soon fix the voltage spikes issue as well. We didn't manage to get to this today but we will have it fixed shortly. I will post more updates about the fix as soon as all is ready and pushed to the server. :)

amitregev said:
GaryDZ said:

Yes. The same CAN-BUS that works for the Phantom2Vision+ works for the non+ version. Installation is pretty much the same. You can find installation guide here: http://www.flytrex.com/support/flytrex- ... tallation/

Let me know if there is anything else I can help with. :)

Hey Amit. Will the can-bus for the A2 work with the naza m in the +? Thanks!

AmosMoses said:
amitregev said:
GaryDZ said:

Yes. The same CAN-BUS that works for the Phantom2Vision+ works for the non+ version. Installation is pretty much the same. You can find installation guide here: http://www.flytrex.com/support/flytrex- ... tallation/

No, or they would only be selling 1 adapter http://www.flytrex.com/shop/cables/

bbfpv said:
AmosMoses said:
amitregev said:
GaryDZ said:

No, or they would only be selling 1 adapter http://www.flytrex.com/shop/cables/

Seems like a dumb question? Maybe. I see they "offer" them as different adapters but without specific part numbers, which they don't show, I would like to know for sure. Also, if you look at the pictures, it's the exact same photo for each unit.
Not being smart because I don't know but are you a rep of Flytrex? Thanks.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl