Flytrex Live 3G Released - Review

I received my Can-bus cable today. I installed the Flytrex live, activated my H2O SIM card, established my Flytrex account.
I fired it up.... After a few minutes, I got the green light. I walked around my house...
On the Flytrex website, my "walk" was logged !
Tomorrow, a real flight. I can't wait.

Mine left Flytrex on the 1st of march and according to the tracing it has not even arrived in NY yet. It is only stating left sorting facility on March 1st. I live in Florida so it appears it is either lost or hung up somewhere. Either way it appears to be yet another continued delay. I originally ordered this item on the first of February. There has to be a better way!

Regards,
drobins11

Fdnyfish said:
Nice report

For the USA pilots.... H2O Wireless $10 prepaid is good for 90 days before you need to refill. It’s .10 cents per MB with translate to 1000MB/1GB. That should be plenty for 3 months. H2O Wireless works off the AT&T Cell network.

https://www.h2owirelessnow.com/mainCont ... =planMin10

Get Sim card here: https://www.h2owirelessnow.com/mainCont ... ode=SIM005

The AT&T Plan is $15 per month and expires after 30 days !!!!

Hey FDNYFish,
I wanted to thank you for your suggestion using "H2O"wireless for the Sim data company for the Fly-Trex 3g, I live in Houston & every greedy Cellular company here won't play ball offering a decent price for what it is we need.... The "H2O" deal is PERFECT!!! GREAT TIP!!!! Much Thanks - after a frustrating search for a company...

Moose

I flew earlier this morning and my report is: everything worked as it should have.
My Flytrex gave me the green light. And off I flew.
I used the FPV booster app (with its camera app)

Everything went right:
I flew as far away as my setup would allow (1800-2100ft),
The drone initiated RTH... I flipped the S1 switch to regain control,
Went further... Repeated this a couple times. (BTW, I like their camera app quite a bit.
Tapping for pictures and video works well. Their WiFi wand is helpful as well)( their flight tracker
Program is great too.. Flytrex would be a godsend when for whatever reason it doesn't initiate RTH when it should,
Or doesn't quite make it home )
Got home and checked the Flytrex website... The data was all uploaded.
My iOS Flytrex app showed me where my drone was last seen. All good.

I flew almost 20 minutes, used 8 cents of my h2o data plan.

All in all, it was a good day.

Sandman1962 said:
I flew earlier this morning and my report is: everything worked as it should have.
My Flytrex gave me the green light. And off I flew.
I used the FPV booster app (with its camera app)

Everything went right:
I flew as far away as my setup would allow (1800-2100ft),
The drone initiated RTH... I flipped the S1 switch to regain control,
Went further... Repeated this a couple times. (BTW, I like their camera app quite a bit.
Tapping for pictures and video works well. Their WiFi wand is helpful as well)( their flight tracker
Program is great too.. Flytrex would be a godsend when for whatever reason it doesn't initiate RTH when it should,
Or doesn't quite make it home )
Got home and checked the Flytrex website... The data was all uploaded.
My iOS Flytrex app showed me where my drone was last seen. All good.

I flew almost 20 minutes, used 8 cents of my h2o data plan.

All in all, it was a good day.

Thanks for the report!! I think a lot of us have ours locked in customs. I can't get near 20 minutes flight time. I hit the throttle a little hard though.

I live in South Lake Tahoe... A ski town... But this year has been the driest winter in the memory of a lot of people.
The east coast has obviously been slammed.
Bad for skiing and boarding, good for flying the drone (for me)

Okay, I'm getting near the end of my rope on waiting for my two Can Bus Adapters to arrive. Just like someone else, my last update shows processing through the sort facility in Tel Aviv on March 1st. Not even showing in the United States yet. Probably lost or on a pallet in the corner of a facility somewhere.

Does anyone know of any stateside vendors who currently have Can Bus Adapters in stock? I'm just about at the point of ordering two more if I can find them already in-country, and offering the others for sale if and when I ever receive them.

So, does anyone know what the claims procedure to trace this international Express Mail stuff is? Is there a minimum delay time you must wait out?

UAV Outlet said this morning that their CAN-Bus shipment arrived Sat night. Suggest you try them.

UPDATE: March 10
Yay! Flytrex has arrived atop the snail at my home town. I should have it by evening.

My Flytrex shipment is still wasting away in NY somewhere (last seen in Jamaica, NY). I filed an inquiry with the USPS. Not that it will do any good.

It has been in NY for at least five days and may have been there as long as two weeks depending on how much time it took to fly from Israel to NY.

According to the tracking info I received, mine has been "on its way to country of destination" since 2/24, which is coincidentally the last time the tracking info was updated. Got a hold of Amit at Flytrex. They can't track the original shipment so he is sending me another one today, from Isreal ............. the wait continues...........

gd thing better be here by the time the snow is gone!

bbfpv said:
According to the tracking info I received, mine has been "on its way to country of destination" since 2/24, which is coincidentally the last time the tracking info was updated. Got a hold of Amit at Flytrex. They can't track the original shipment so he is sending me another one today, from Isreal ............. the wait continues...........

gd thing better be here by the time the snow is gone!

I'm really pleased for you bbfpv and it's good to know that Amit is OK. Now I'm wondering why:

1. He does not reply to the email that he asked me to send him

and

2. If he has the stock to be able to duplicate your order, how can he not fulfill other outstanding orders?

tbh, I think they are completely understaffed. I assume it's a couple of dudes who came up w/ the idea, shipped a few units, decided to make it Live and then make it 3G, and then Christmas 2014 came and now they are completely swamped w/ orders and support following the wake of all the holiday drones.

Use Facebook chat, I've found that to be most reliable in communicating with them.

I have tried facebook, here on the forum and through the support email. No response to an open ticket since 2/23. 2 more emails asking for an update. No consistency in support or shipping.

bbfpv said:
tbh, I think they are completely understaffed. I assume it's a couple of dudes who came up w/ the idea, shipped a few units, decided to make it Live and then make it 3G, and then Christmas 2014 came and now they are completely swamped w/ orders and support following the wake of all the holiday drones.

Use Facebook chat, I've found that to be most reliable in communicating with them.

bbfpv, I am the one person left in the world that does not understand or use FB? Well perhaps frankNfly too! Look back three pages to 7th March and you will see that Amit posted to me, "If you would like, let me know what was the name your order was placed with and I'll gladly verify when it will get out. Thanks!" I emailed Amit immediately but three days on have still not had the reply or even an acknowledgement.

Perhaps they are swamped with orders and maybe they are understaffed, but if they don't soon do something to correct that they will begin to lose their customer base.

BTW, is it just me that finds it strange that a company that apparantly has no stock and is possibly understaffed, a couple of weeks ago ran a promotion offering Free Express Shipping on all orders till the end of February? Perhaps it's a business model that I don't understand.

Hi Friends.. I'm certainly not holding a brief for the delayed shipments, been there done that.. but if its any consolation the quality of the product does seem quite superior and once configured correctly, it works like a charm therefore it's clear they invest a lot of time and effort in quality assurance before shipping it out. I know when the wait is so long that it seems forever, its hard to appreciate anything good but in the end it was totally worth it at least for me.

Hope everyone gets their unit real soon!!! Cheers

Agree with last two posts:
1) I would rather have a high quality product more slowly, than schlock quickly. Latter reminds me of DJI FW.
2) Facebook should NOT be the primary portal for support of this product. If you look at the average age of Phantom pilots, I think it's obvious a majority of us would prefer a place on Flytrex web site, or a dedicated thread on this forum, or simple email blasts re shipping, updates, features, etc.

Kelly

I'm in the same boat. My tracking still says "on its way to country of destination" since 2/24. I haven't reached out to Flytrex yet as they did mention in the email it could take up to 3 weeks to deliver. I'm not too optimistic at this point.

Drobins11 said:
Mine left Flytrex on the 1st of march and according to the tracing it has not even arrived in NY yet. It is only stating left sorting facility on March 1st. I live in Florida so it appears it is either lost or hung up somewhere. Either way it appears to be yet another continued delay. I originally ordered this item on the first of February. There has to be a better way!

Regards,
drobins11

Hi Drobins11 :)

We're really sorry for these delays! Please give this a 2-3 more days and I'm sure this will be back on track to destination. The shipping company have had some delays with shipments recently due to the recent weather in the east coast that led to flight cancellations. I know they are working hard to catch up with all shipments and many of our pending shipments have already been handed over the past couple of days, so I'm confident this will get back on track during this week.

New shipments have started moving faster now and they should be back to normal shipping times, with 4-5 days delivery, in the next couple of days.

We've been doing the best we can from our side to push shipments as quickly as possible and are very sorry for the inconvenience due to these delays!! I hope this information helps by a bit. :)

I received my 3g yesterday. The last update that the tracking gave me was Jamaica NY. After it was delivered all of the sudden all the destination scans popped up! Just posting this to let everyone know that the tracking info isn't reliable and your order could be closer than you think.
Another thing. I set up through the usps site to receive text updates. After it was delivered by 15min I received 5 texts in a row with late (to say the least) updates!
Definitely can't blame that on Flytrex.

AmosMoses said:
I received my 3g yesterday. The last update that the tracking gave me was Jamaica NY. After it was delivered all of the sudden all the destination scans popped up! Just posting this to let everyone know that the tracking info isn't reliable and your order could be closer than you think.
Another thing. I set up through the usps site to receive text updates. After it was delivered by 15min I received 5 texts in a row with late (to say the least) updates!
Definitely can't blame that on Flytrex.

Amos,

I had the exact same experience. All of a sudden my package was in CA with no transfer scans in-between. To add to my story, I received the notification it was just a few miles from me (excitement building) and then 20 minutes later another status stating my package had been returned because of an incorrect address. After confirming the address was correct, I called USPS to see what the issue was. They informed me that the address they had on file was not deliverable (I've lived here for 20+ years) and it was too late because the package had been returned. Absolutely frustrated after the debacle in customs and Jamaica, I gave up. Then the doorbell rang. It was my package. Frustration was replaced by excitement but it just underscores that the tracking mechanism with the USPS cannot be trusted.

Installed in less than 20 minutes (plug-n-play CAN-BUS really works) and was flying in 30 minutes. Snap!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart