Flytrex Live 3G Released - Review

I've only gotten two emails. The first was Paypal saying the money has been transferred and the second was titled "Your Flytrex is almost ready".

Nothing about shipping as of yet.

I read in earlier posts that the company is in Israel, that's why I waited a little longer than I normally would to have asked. The email says they ship every 48 hours, and given the holidays I figured I would have heard something by now.

I'll shoot an email and see.

Thanks

Couchie said:
I've only gotten two emails. The first was Paypal saying the money has been transferred and the second was titled "Your Flytrex is almost ready".

I read in earlier posts that the company is in Israel, that's why I waited a little longer than I normally would to have asked. The email says they ship every 48 hours, and given the holidays I figured I would have heard something by now.

Thanks
When did you order? I have a missing order too. I have ordered 2, one on 12/18 that shipped on the 19th and delivered on the 26th. The 2nd order was on the 23rd and same as you only 1 email, "Your Flytrex is almost ready". I sent 3 emails to inquire with no replies yet they seem to respond to posts on Facebook. Their customer service appears to be randomly bad.

Well I don't do facebook, but I have sent a message via their 'contact us' link:

I'm inquiring as to the status of an order I placed on 12/25. I received an automated email that said, "Your Flytrex is almost ready"

In that email it was stated that shipments go out every 48 hours. It has been 480 hours and I've heard nothing.

Can you please provide an update as to the status of this order?

Thanks,
Bob

I'll advise if I hear anything.

I notice that you did receive a reply to the question about the Android app on their FB page, but no answer about the order.

I'm a bit nervous to say the least. Another one of those, 'beg the wife for more money' things and this doesn't help! "Where is that thing you ordered that helps us find your toy?"

PhantomPhreak said:
Couchie said:

Thanks
When did you order? I have a missing order too. I have ordered 2, one on 12/18 that shipped on the 19th and delivered on the 26th. The 2nd order was on the 23rd and same as you only 1 email, "Your Flytrex is almost ready". I sent 3 emails to inquire with no replies yet they seem to respond to posts on Facebook. Their customer service appears to be randomly bad.
I'm in the same boat. Ordered mine some time ago with specific request for expedited shipping(more details in my last post above).
Amit was kind enough to respond afterwards for 1-2 days and thereafter nothing. No order, no response to emails on status of order.

Couchie said:
Well I don't do facebook, but I have sent a message via their 'contact us' link:

I'm inquiring as to the status of an order I placed on 12/25. I received an automated email that said, "Your Flytrex is almost ready"

In that email it was stated that shipments go out every 48 hours. It has been 480 hours and I've heard nothing.

Can you please provide an update as to the status of this order?

Thanks,
Bob

I'll advise if I hear anything.

I notice that you did receive a reply to the question about the Android app on their FB page, but no answer about the order.

I'm a bit nervous to say the least. Another one of those, 'beg the wife for more money' things and this doesn't help! "Where is that thing you ordered that helps us find your toy?"

Hi guys!

We're terribly sorry for any delay with the Live 3G shipment! We're 100% still here and working around the clock to get all Flytrex Live 3G orders and pre-orders of the new CAN-BUS Adapter shipped as quickly as possible and after properly tested.

As a quick update - Our previous stock ended way faster than we initially anticipated and we're now waiting for the new production batch to arrive. Including new Live 3G stock and the new CAN-BUS Adapter first production. The new delivery will be ready and shipped to us already this week and should arrive to our offices at the start of upcoming week.

Once here, our team will be working around the clock to get all pending orders shipped as quickly as possible, usually this shouldn't take more than 4 to 5 days. Once shipped you will receive an email including full shipping details and tracking information. We're terribly sorry for any delay or inconvenience!

While waiting for new stock, our team have been busy upgrading and improving Flytrex services in full force - announcing earlier today our advanced new Flytrex Live Last Seen tool designed to give you maximum data in the event of a flyway or crash.

10675692_762966663795996_1408135137774803600_n.png

I will post more updates the following week once pending orders are on their way. :)

I got an email today! I'm feeling better!

Next question that I asked in the email, is there an additional charge for the CAN-BUS adapter? I sure do like the idea of not having to put something really hot on my P2V+!

Thanks
Bob

Ya after selecting the plan it asks you to select a device or sim kit though. Do I select dual smart sim ($10) or nano sim starter kit ($15)

TAMedia said:
Fdnyfish said:
I am using the following in my Flytrex Live 3G with no issues.

$10 is good for 90 days before you have to renew

https://www.h2owirelessnow.com/mainCont ... =planMin10

What device did you select after you selected the plan?

https://www.h2owirelessnow.com/mainCont ... ode=OXG010

You want to order the H2O Dual Smart SIM ($9.99). If it's easier, you can buy them off the rack in a clamshell pack at Best Buy. That's how I bought mine. Just activated it online at H2OWirelessNow.com/activate earlier today. Extremely easy and smooth. Using the ActFast code that comes with the card, you don't even have to know your Flytrex Live 3G IMEI number (which I don't think you can get until you register the Flytrex Live 3G with your Flytrex account, then it updates your info with it). Then you charge the card. The only confusing thing was the option for the Pay As You Go Plan... nothing said "Pay As You Go" on that form... you select the "MINUTE PLAN" for pay as you go. Then put $10 on it and your set.

Then, insert the SIM into the Flytrex Live 3G, fire it up and wait for the flashing green light. Worked great. Then I went to my live flight page on the Flytrex server, and there I was, right where I was supposed to be. Very acurate position, even through my house. I then went back to check how much was still on the SIM, and it had $9.97. $0.03 to set everything up and verify operation. Oh yeah... I also updated the firmware during that time.

If you are in an area covered by T-Mobile; you can get 200MB for $15 (lifetime). I purchased 2 just in case. It's a 1-time payment and each 30 days your 200MB resets. Much better than $10 per month ;)

Chuck26287 said:
TAMedia said:
Fdnyfish said:
I am using the following in my Flytrex Live 3G with no issues.

$10 is good for 90 days before you have to renew

https://www.h2owirelessnow.com/mainCont ... =planMin10

What device did you select after you selected the plan?

https://www.h2owirelessnow.com/mainCont ... ode=OXG010

You want to order the H2O Dual Smart SIM ($9.99). If it's easier, you can buy them off the rack in a clamshell pack at Best Buy. That's how I bought mine. Just activated it online at H2OWirelessNow.com/activate earlier today. Extremely easy and smooth. Using the ActFast code that comes with the card, you don't even have to know your Flytrex Live 3G IMEI number (which I don't think you can get until you register the Flytrex Live 3G with your Flytrex account, then it updates your info with it). Then you charge the card. The only confusing thing was the option for the Pay As You Go Plan... nothing said "Pay As You Go" on that form... you select the "MINUTE PLAN" for pay as you go. Then put $10 on it and your set.

Then, insert the SIM into the Flytrex Live 3G, fire it up and wait for the flashing green light. Worked great. Then I went to my live flight page on the Flytrex server, and there I was, right where I was supposed to be. Very acurate position, even through my house. I then went back to check how much was still on the SIM, and it had $9.97. $0.03 to set everything up and verify operation. Oh yeah... I also updated the firmware during that time.

Awesome! Thank you very much

Welp, I just checked http://www.t-mobile.com/coverage.html to see how the coverage is by me with T-Mobile. 2G for my area. I get 4G LTE with AT&T where I am and I can get a H20 sim card at the Dollar store! I think I'm going with that plan.

yea, the CAN-BUS adapter is a separate cable. Check this link http://www.flytrex.com/shop/cables/ Second listing down, for $39.99

So I wonder if they'll give me credit for the cable I already purchased, let me purchase the CAN-BUS adapter and ship it all at once! It can't hurt to dream! :)

Couchie said:
So I wonder if they'll give me credit for the cable I already purchased
Why not just contact them and ask? The next order isn't going out until next week, so yours hasn't left yet, right?

I have been using live 3G and despite in the area I fly their is 3G my live isn't responsive after take off it would just say no live flight even though before take off it would show everything write last seen is updated to a certain extent then no update it does update on the website about my mission but it's never correct then I plug it to the live programmer all flight data does record cause when I plug it with the live programmer it updates everything. Could 500 feet altitude have anything to do with 3G or if it switches from 2g to 3G it gets stuck guys?

Why not just contact them and ask? The next order isn't going out until next week, so yours hasn't left yet, right?

I did that too. Wasn't sure which way I would get a faster answer.

The bad news (for me at least):

The CAN-BUS adapter retails for $39.99 and is currently in pre-order status, with estimated shipment to begin in one week. The CAN-BUS adapter supports the A2, Naza 2 and Phantom 2 series (*not yet applicable to the Phantom 2 Vision series).

And you are right, she stated there was still another week before it gets shipped.

o.k., I'm somewhat confused and need help.

I'm on the fence for the new Flytrex Live 3G, but I'm confused about the Canbus Adapter?
Will this work with my new Phantom 2 Vision+ V3? Not sure what the extended logging and telemetry data is either.

Can anyone help out this NuB?

Best regards!

Bitbucket said:
I'm on the fence for the new Flytrex Live 3G,

The P2V+ needs no canbus adapter. When you order the flytrex live 3g, you also order a wiring harness for the GPS. Simply remove the GPS wire from the board (it pops right out), insert into harness, then insert the harness wire back into the GPS plug on the board.

You will need to solder the power wires in (either to an ESC or the main power distribution board). Then run the power wires and harness wires out the leg to the Flytrex unit.

you don't need to worry about the telemetry data in any way... it all appears on the flytrex app or the website.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT