Flying without a phone

Reaction score
What happens if you try to fly a phantom 3 without using a phone? I mean if you started the drone, started the controller, and did the CSC command and brought it up? would it be the same except you cant see the camera and control other things like intelligent flight modes, or would it just not take off or something?

Reactions: Badfinger
yep... works the same... just no FPV or info.

After registering your Phantom in the DJI GO app, it's possible to fly without a mobile device. I do not recommend it though. The DJI GO app provides a lot of valuable flight information.

what abought hdmi monitor ? i am connected with hdmi monitor and have osd showing? will that work with no phone ?

Sent from my SM-P905 using Tapatalk

i mean what happens if my phone dies all of a sudden ?

i mean what happens if my phone dies all of a sudden ?

Probably be best to use the RTH button, or if within sight no reason to panic just fly home when you're ready.
You can stop recording with the controller buttons.
With the P2 you could switch to home lock and bring it towards you regardless of orientation, but you need the app for that now.

The Phantom would fly but I highly recommend not flying without a device. You won't see any error messages and have no info on the battery. It's just an accident waiting to happen.

You can fly it once RC is linked to P3 but too risky to fly without telemetry.

But on HDMI monitor I have telemetry! My question is. Will the monitor continue working if my phone goes?

Sent from my SM-N915F using Tapatalk

But on HDMI monitor I have telemetry! My question is. Will the monitor continue working if my phone goes?

Yes it will.

Reactions: koop
I am not sure what data exactly are you referring to. In at app you can enable telemetry on the HDMI monitor. And it does work, where ever its all of the data I am not sure. But the fps on the monitor is amazing

uploadfromtaptalk1453803068245.jpeg
uploadfromtaptalk1453803074579.jpeg
uploadfromtaptalk1453803077927.jpeg

I am not sure what data exactly are you referring to. In at app you can enable telemetry on the HDMI monitor. And it does work, where ever its all of the data I am not sure. But the fps on the monitor is amazing
Well you have the setup, so can test it yourself directly. You can test this with the blades off, if you're concerned. Also you can clearly see what is output to the HDMI and your phone GO App and see the difference. So not sure.

Reactions: koop
Well you have the setup, so can test it yourself directly. You can test this with the blades off, if you're concerned. Also you can clearly see what is output to the HDMI and your phone GO App and see the difference. So not sure.
Yes I was concerned but the idea with prop off sounds great thanks

All the cautions about flying without a phone have me confused. "You will not have flight data", "no battery info", etc. Yeah, that's obvious but those must be cautions from folks who have only flown the P3. Years of helos, fixed wing, quads and P1 under my belt - flying without a device aint no big thing if you can keep orientation, line of sight and remember batteries drain over time. Its all good.

B

It'll be like the original Phantom days, a lot of good judgment required but still fun. How quickly we have become accustomed to telemetry ;-)

It'll be like the original Phantom days, a lot of good judgment required but still fun. How quickly we have become accustomed to telemetry ;-)
I'm sure at one point the horse and buggy was the pinnacle of transportation, it's hard to go back to a less technological advancements.

I've done it before, It will fly just like any other quad that doesn't use a tablet. It will still have GPS and will fly just the same, you just need to fly the old fashioned way, by eyeballing it.. The P3 is technologically complicated so its a good idea to have the phone or tablet so you can see all pertinent flight info though..

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94