Flying while sitting in car

Reaction score
Does anyone have a read on how much your range is cut from flying inside the car? Hot and cold weather makes the car a decent option for flying. Not talking any mods just the controller pointed through the window.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I would think the metal cage of a car would cause huge interference with the RC and bird.

Reactions: eaglegoaltender
Does anyone have a read on how much your range is cut from flying inside the car?

I haven't done it personally but a buddy with a P4 does it on a regular basis - sits in there with the heat on in cold weather and air on in the hot, hot weather! He as to my knowledge hasn't had an issue from flying inside his truck (well controlling it from inside the truck - LOL). This guy has a lot more ba**s than I do however when it comes to flying his P4 anywhere and everywhere - inside or outside.

The only time I tried indoor control of my P4 when flying it outside was from inside a glass enclosed porch and that was only around another guys property - didn't notice any difference (only in a back yard however - no long range attempts).

I have also seen guys sitting inside a trailer at a local flying club flying planes - no doubt none of it is a wise choice or perhaps even illegal - but to each his/her own I suppose.

Keep in mind that if you're INSIDE and the AIRCRAFT is outside you're no longer flying within VLOS unless you're looking out the window directly at it.

Reactions: eaglegoaltender

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan