Flying using your phone

Reaction score
Wanting to try to understand something.
I have a Samsung Note 5 is am using in my hand set as a screen.
If I am using it to fly my Phantom 4.
What happens when somebody calls and my phone rings ?

In all the videos watched, this was never mentioned.

And if I registered yesterday with the FAA.
Paid the 24.95
Do I have to wait till they send me a number before I can go to a field and fly.

Heard I can take a sharpie pen and write the FAA numbers on the bottom of my phantom 4.

And finally, does anybody write their phone
In their drone in case they loose it , so somebody can call them.
Thanks !

What happens when somebody calls and my phone rings ?
You'll see the same thing that you do when working in other apps on your phone. You'll still be able to continue to fly your Phantom even if you answer the phone call. If you'd rather not be bothered by phone calls and text messages, turn on airplane mode while you're flying.

And if I registered yesterday with the FAA.
Paid the 24.95
Do I have to wait till they send me a number before I can go to a field and fly.
You should not fly until your FAA registration number is on your Phantom. I'm not sure where you registered, but the FAA only charges $5 when you register with them on their website here.

Heard I can take a sharpie pen and write the FAA numbers on the bottom of my phantom 4.
You could. However, if you think you'll ever sell your Phantom in the future, it would be better to attach your FAA registration number using a sticker or some other semi-permanent method. If you need stickers, you can get some from me here.

The price has not gone up. You paid a 3rd party website to register with the FAA on your behalf.

The price has not gone up. You paid a 3rd party website to register with the FAA on your behalf.

DRONE REGISTRATION - now that I look at this closer I realized I should have known better. Their "expert" staff will review my application to make sure there are no errors and to speed up the process. I think I probably could have handled it myself without any "errors" and saved $20.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Thanks Guys

Was wanting to try to crank up the Old Girl and see what it was like to run her in a couple small laps.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl