Flying over Snow

Reaction score
Just received a new Phamtom 4. I live in an area where we have total snow cover at the moment. I thought I read somewhere that there could be some issues with the phamtom 4 when flying over snow cover. Something to do with the sensors. Anyone else have any info?

Just received a new Phamtom 4. I live in an area where we have total snow cover at the moment. I thought I read somewhere that there could be some issues with the phamtom 4 when flying over snow cover. Something to do with the sensors. Anyone else have any info?
See page 28 of the manual for details of the Vision Positioning Sensors.

You shouldn't have any trouble flying over snow covered ground unless you're flying close to the ground. If you must fly close to the ground and you run into trouble, just disable the downward sensors.

No issues here! The photos and video are beautiful when it's snowing.

P4_Snow_WaterStrider.png

Reactions: VP6799 and Zoiboyz
@Drestin Black I totally understand! If you do still end up with unanswered questions, feel free to private message me or ask your questions in one of the other WaterStrider threads. As a rule, our company doesn't quote numbers or specifications without substantive data to back it up. Of course, hearing from the direct experience of other users is great also and we totally encourage that.

To be on the safe side you should wait until spring:D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jorge sanchez