Flying over people

New to the hobby...hate to see this. Thinking we either regulate ourselves or risk losing what freedom to fly that we have to really oppressive government regulation.

Reactions: BigAl07
Looks like he was just cruzing around, probably lost signal and maybe it was going home?

This guy is crazy though.... I wouldn't call him an idiot, (again, nobody knows why it crashed), but by the looks of the flight, I would call ignorance. I'll go out on a limb here and say he probably knows zero about the current regs and this is his first UAV. Might even be a minor for that matter. Then we could eliminate the word, "idiot" :)

Kind of like the guy who went a bought a brand new motorcycle and crashed it on the way home.... Or, better yet, the new Mustang owner who wraps their car around a pole leaving a meet. Ignorance or idiot?

What the hell is an idiot anyway? I've seen it used so much around here lately.

I fly over people at like the beach, not close enough to hurt them but enough they can see it. Just so they can wave at it.

Or if I wanna mess with people without flying a drone in their face, I just use the shadow of the drone to follow them around. It's kind of funny when they see a shadow following them around.

I fly over people at like the beach, not close enough to hurt them but enough they can see it. Just so they can wave at it.

Or if I wanna mess with people without flying a drone in their face, I just use the shadow of the drone to follow them around. It's kind of funny when they see a shadow following them around.
Following strangers around with your drone to give yourself a laugh isn't a great way to shine a positive light on drones.

I was at the beach this weekend and an adult (using the term to specify age, not maturity) decided to fly his Phantom sized drone about 20 - 30 feet over the crowd along the beach (out of his vlos). It was a short flight as it looked like his friends didn't think it was as good an idea as he did.

We now have another 400 people that hate drones now. What a moron.

I was at the beach this weekend and an adult (using the term to specify age, not maturity) decided to fly his Phantom sized drone about 20 - 30 feet over the crowd along the beach (out of his vlos). It was a short flight as it looked like his friends didn't think it was as good an idea as he did.

We now have another 400 people that hate drones now. What a moron.
In NJ beaches, they already banned drones. I was thinking in visiting there with the phantom but now I can't. Yeah, I agreed with your statement.

This may ruffle a few feathers here but . . .

THIS is exactly why we have a problem. You don't have to learn to fly... you don't have to sign up for lessons... you don't have to REGISTER it (apparently as a hobbyist now).... you use your credit card, charge it, hit the TAKE OFF button and you're now a drone operator to go fly willy nilly as you wish and where you wish.

I sincerely, hope the "operator" is located and given at least a nice stiff FINE if not some jail time for being so reckless and careless. Talk about getting lucky and not flying into someone's face. If this was a kid then his/her parents need to be held just as accountable.
For most, the cost of the Drone is incentive to learn to fly. I understand some folks desire to have the FAA make laws, but the courts just knocked down the FAAs "Drone Registration Rule". They have no power to make laws for UAV's. Congress will have to amend the power the FAA has. Personally, I agree with registration, but little else. Everyone has seen the clip where the drone almost killed a skier. Well, that pilot was permitted, licensed, insured, and completely legal. Accidents happen. The video is down now, so I haven't seen it, but is everyone sure this pilot was not legal? He may have had all his waivers.

The video is down now, so I haven't seen it, but is everyone sure this pilot was not legal? He may have had all his waivers.

He wasn't. He was just some dude tailgating out in the parking lot.

String the idiot up, he will screw the rest of us due to his recklessness! Figures he was flying a Karma!

String the idiot up, he will screw the rest of us due to his recklessness! Figures he was flying a Karma!
Lawmakers should impose restrictions to karma pilots only... That drone is out of control once it lost GPS signal. I see a lot of YouTube videos about it.

Karma pilots only? I guess all the other brands and pilots that crash are good to go?
The Phantoms can manually been in control if they lose GPS. But on the karma drones when they lose GPS you can't even control the aircraft. It get out of control and crash.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing