Flying near tv tower

Reaction score
Hi i have a phantom fc40 and soon i will get a phantom 2 vision. There is a tv and radio tower that is 300 meter 984 ft and it would bee nice to fly upp to the top of it but it's a radio TV tower what will happened if i try?

The amount of radio energy a commercial TV or radio tower puts out is dangerous to the human body at close range. It can cause damage to your kidneys and to your eyes (RF sensitive parts of the body).

When you think about it having enough energy to damage something that isn't electronic what do you think it can do to something that is electronic? You risk setting the thing of fire if you fly in a high energy RF field such as one that would exist close to a broadcast antenna.

In reality you would loose control of it before you could get it close enough to set it on fire. You shouldn't risk it.

Ok than i will not even try but it would be nice if that tower wasn't a radio TV tower.

I crashed my Phantom by letting a power line get between it and me. I can only imagine the depths of hell that a TV tower would do to the controls.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl