Flying high questions

Reaction score
I just started out and hit the 30M mark, it looks really high. If I go higher, is there anything I have to worry about except aniamls plane etc. I mean, can the drone become not stable enough or something.

Reactions: JeyTea
I just started out and hit the 30M mark, it looks really high. If I go higher, is there anything I have to worry about except aniamls plane etc. I mean, can the drone become not stable enough or something.
The two biggest considerations are:
Your local rules as to legal heights
Wind - winds up high can be significantly stronger than what you observe on the ground​
Also if you go straight up above yourself, this angle is the worst for maintaining strong signal.
You will get better control if you fly out and up rather than just up.

I have never experienced no stability at heights unless wind (don't fly at winds higher then half of your phantoms speed). I usually fly 200-400 feet.

The two biggest considerations are:
Your local rules as to legal heights
Wind - winds up high can be significantly stronger than what you observe on the ground​
Also if you go straight up above yourself, this angle is the worst for maintaining strong signal.
You will get better control if you fly out and up rather than just up.

90m is the legal limit.

As for winds, I do usually look up wind speed on weather but like you said that is probably ground.

That's also something I need to start developping, I am a bit scared to start pushing my drone away further.

Another member suggested an App called UAV Forcast. It will give you wind speed and all sorts of other weather related info and will tell you if its good to fly or not. I found it quite useful! So far, 120 feet has been the highest I have flown but I want to go higher!

As your confidence grows remember to learn how to control Phantom in Atti mode (manual) - it shows you wind direction easily, as AC drifts with wind. Then you can fly 'into' wind on way out, more confident that wind will assist in flight back. Hope this helps, small safe steps..

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Sparky1963
100 feet is as high as I have been so far. Yesterday, wind helped the AC drift into a tree and I wasn't that high. I just made my turn to close to the tree. I didn't notice any difference in the way the AC handled at 100 ft, but I didn't stay up there for long.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl