Flying from inside house or car anyone?

I'll take a look tomorrow after work and let you know. Obviously Tony buys the electrical stuff but I don't know about the actuall antenna in the kit. I would guess he makes it. The kit is here:
Air side booster mod kit - FPVLR
Yeah, thanks, I don't care about the other stuff, that antenna looks like he makes it, so he's only boosting one antenna and not the other?
I only want really want the one thing, the BEC or regulator he's using, I suppose maybe the amp, it's likely the same thing.
Let me know how it turn out, he doesn't have a kit for the P4 yet, and it's far from plug and play, good luck, I hope it works out.
I know some ppl have a problem with Tony, I don't know him, and I'm certainly not going to judge him because of a forum member decided to post personal txt messages. I don't condone anything, that's if Tony did something, but I don't condone the forum guys actions either, which leaves no doubt about what he has done.

Anyway to get back on point, it's not a crime to just ask what he's using, I'm not trying to take anything from him, maybe he'd just sell me what I want.
But we still have the issue of, like how many antenna connections are there then? I am seeing evidence that there's two for each channel.

I'm going to take a picture showing my setup with the big antenna right now (I haven't finalized the setup yet it's just for now) that shows how the video amp is white (power is on) but the control amp is blue/purple (white on bottom and top part glows blue making it appear purple) trying to show that for some reason it's not working on the big antenna, but on the smaller one, both are purple (they way they should be)

So, I still chugging along. Got these in mail Saturday.
e1d86102c332aa1861d2331cce881e61.jpg

And then, I might order these too, what they are (I call them bulkheads but that's a steamfitter or shipbuilders' term) and basically they'll hook up to like a wall, then just plug into them with the lmr-240 cables for way more flex and ease of movement, also to keep from tearing our remotes in half, I know the pressure already is more then the stripped friggin screws can hold.
Anyway here are what these look like
77746a819856b920ca65f7596cab44fb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Are these what we call in the U.K. n types connectors?

However! Lol I am now seeing more inline with what you guys see, which, to b normal is good yes? Lol meaning I now am losing control here and there first.
With all these different setups and things, I've got cables and antennas and connectors lol, all this stuff doing test on. I managed to go 1 mile with big boy boosted, thru trees! Yeah, thru trees, and it could've gone further, but this was the farthest I've gone thru trees, and one mile thru those is impressive, now to figure out why my antenna doesn't let my amp work.

I call them "whips" but again that's prolly a construction term.
These (I have two just one in pic) are N type female by the sma style I call female. So it's "N" X SMA without the pin, basically a way to go from hard to control and maneuver lmr 400, to easy to control and flexible lmr-240

Reactions: hotashes
These (I have two just one in pic) are N type female by the sma style I call female. So it's "N" X SMA without the pin, basically a way to go from hard to control and maneuver lmr 400, to easy to control and flexible lmr-240
Basically these will go from the amp to the antenna, they'll be good for what I said or to use in my 4X4 UTV at 6' long. I'll still need 30' N male X N female (I think, I have to physically check the new antenna, do that tomorrow

With you, I forget what I have and what they are called because there are so many different kind of pigtails connectors etc, and you can guarantee when you need one, no matter what you got no doubt the one you want, you ain't got [emoji23]

Reactions: Sim597
With you, I forget what I have and what they are called because there are so many different kind of pigtails connectors etc, and you can guarantee when you need one, no matter what you got no doubt the one you want, you ain't got [emoji23]

Lol, oh man, you got that right! That's why I've put off the last piece, the long runs, to be 100% I've got what I am supposed to have, not what I need or want, but what I am supposed to have to finish it up, that and I want a better look at final feet in length, as we know the shorter the better, and the less **** money it'll cost.
A couple spots I had saved on eBay, no longer have what I think I need lol, let's put it that way, what I think I need. (Which if I could get a good price is 2X 40' lmr-400 with N-male X N-female) but the latter can change, it may be N-male both ends. As I know nothing about coax cabling and less about electricity I'm going to what we call "stovepipe" it, basically do a dry run and connect everything once on ground before taking it up. (Only one, as they're the same)

Forgot about the 2nd pic, short answer, yes, it's a type N but to mount in something, like a wall to the plug into, it would make an awesome clean install, have your buds come over to the mancave, plug your remote into the wall, and have the big curved Sammy display the downlink! Cmon, the "wow" factor is about a zillion!

Yeah, thanks, I don't care about the other stuff, that antenna looks like he makes it, so he's only boosting one antenna and not the other?
I only want really want the one thing, the BEC or regulator he's using, I suppose maybe the amp, it's likely the same thing.
Let me know how it turn out, he doesn't have a kit for the P4 yet, and it's far from plug and play, good luck, I hope it works out.
I know some ppl have a problem with Tony, I don't know him, and I'm certainly not going to judge him because of a forum member decided to post personal txt messages. I don't condone anything, that's if Tony did something, but I don't condone the forum guys actions either, which leaves no doubt about what he has done.

Anyway to get back on point, it's not a crime to just ask what he's using, I'm not trying to take anything from him, maybe he'd just sell me what I want.
But we still have the issue of, like how many antenna connections are there then? I am seeing evidence that there's two for each channel.
Only one of everything so it must not be needed to boost both. You would have to think it would help though. anyway, the UBEC come pre-soldered to the booster and the booster has no identifying markings on it at all other than FPVLR's indications of which end goes to the antenna. The UBEC itself is nothing special or expensive. I got one from ebay for a different project and it was $2.50. It's the 3A 5V or 6V.

Reactions: Sim597
Only one of everything so it must not be needed to boost both. You would have to think it would help though. anyway, the UBEC come pre-soldered to the booster and the booster has no identifying markings on it at all other than FPVLR's indications of which end goes to the antenna. The UBEC itself is nothing special or expensive. I got one from ebay for a different project and it was $2.50. It's the 3A 5V or 6V.
I did go to his site and look at that after u posted it thanks. I see he doesn't mention the P4 yet (we know the P3 much easier to get to the POS and NEG sides of the battery on that one

I did go to his site and look at that after u posted it thanks. I see he doesn't mention the P4 yet (we know the P3 much easier to get to the POS and NEG sides of the battery on that one
All I was able to get was that it will work on the P4 and that install was similar. He's been swamped and hasn't had time to put directions together, which he told me before I ordered.
I did find one video on taking a P4 apart though.

Just wondering if anyone else has done this? And if so what's your indoor setup? Here is mine on my car. 20,000ft with room to go further. I also have a setup just like this for my house using high quality low loss cable with the same results!

hi jeremiah
i just purchased an evo kit and want to mount 2 antennas to the top of my house.
what type of antennas do i use ???
i read on the forums a L con ? 2.4 GHZ 8.5 dpi wifi antennas.
i got your name from jake at maxx he said you are the man to ask.
regards

hi jeremiah
i just purchased an evo kit and want to mount 2 antennas to the top of my house.
what type of antennas do i use ???
i read on the forums a L con ? 2.4 GHZ 8.5 dpi wifi antennas.
i got your name from jake at maxx he said you are the man to ask.
regards

Yeah l-coms work great. If u can't find those the hawking 9dbi 2.4ghz work just as good. Hawking is what I have installed on my house.

Did any one try to use wifi repeater to repeat the transmitting signal , so that you can put the repeater in the attic and you do not have to attach your receiver to the over house antenna . I imagine if this would be possible the repeater has to consider the P4 transmitter as a router.

Well, my seller refunded my money for one set of LMR-400, said he was out of stock, but when I went to eBay the item was relisted, so he's not out of stock, but he did raise the price! I'm pissed, he should have to sell it for what he posted

I should leave negative feedback

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT