Flying from inside house or car anyone?

Wow, so you've got that whole new system from DJI? And then building it, I mean, they're like plug and play, but there is a learning curve, steeper for some then others? So what about the lights in the amps bro? Do I see a difference in how bright each one is on the big boys? On the MaxxRange is where Jake said to stay away from upper channels.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yeah got it all from DJI. It wasn't to hard so far but still need to install and set it up in the assistant

Wow, I didn't know you were using 5w Amps. I didn't know they existed. Crap, so your using 5w and not 3wers. So I can't expect close to similar results, dang it dang it dang it!
Omg I cannot buy more amps at this time, crap how did I miss that? Those extra two watts matter I'm sure. Watch I'll get 7000' now, which I've managed close to on my DBS02. I really want to swear.... I'll refrain.
Ah, yeah that's what I meant.....let me know if it glows on channel 31 on the MaxxRange when it gets in, of course if using the 5w then forget about checking as I have no clue and That won't tell me anything.

Reactions: Jeremiah Nelson
Wow, I didn't know you were using 5w Amps. I didn't know they existed. Crap, so your using 5w and not 3wers. So I can't expect close to similar results, dang it dang it dang it!
Omg I cannot buy more amps at this time, crap how did I miss that? Those extra two watts matter I'm sure. Watch I'll get 7000' now, which I've managed close to on my DBS02. I really want to swear.... I'll refrain.
Ah, yeah that's what I meant.....let me know if it glows on channel 31 on the MaxxRange when it gets in, of course if using the 5w then forget about checking as I have no clue and That won't tell me anything.

Don't bother with the 5w the 3 w produce same results. I am using the black 3w suhans now

Reactions: BoydBros and Sim597
That's the real deal kit man, good luck, dang I wish I had your $$$, I'd just burn mine! Lol

I've been wanting to build something with close to 45 min to an hr flight time and I am pretty sure I have the right frame for it. Only problem is the batteries I want for to is about 600. I will be running 2 thunder power 9000mah lihvs in parallel

Reactions: BoydBros and Sim597
I've been wanting to build something with close to 45 min to an hr flight time and I am pretty sure I have the right frame for it. Only problem is the batteries I want for to is about 600. I will be running 2 thunder power 9000mah lihvs in parallel
First, really? About the 5w vs 3w? Well that's comforting then, that makes me feel better, a little lol. I know I am not going to see even 1/2 of your results, it's just not in the cards for me, but I'm going to try. I've been thinking about a way to quick connect or disconnect the two antenna, on some sort of a fulcrum, to not just raise and lower them up to say 30', but then reconnect them to the RZR, they'd be pretty cool on my ride. Then I wouldn't have to spend even more $$ on the car setup as the house (those antenna are like $90 apiece aren't they?).

Wow, $600 just for batteries!? Holy crap batman, jees.
So does that have a cellular system to use for super long range? Or is it lightbridge on steroids?
I'm thinking maybe the former, I know I'm on the minority here when I say 20-24m flight time is more then enough time in the air, at an interval. My back and right leg start to ache terribly at about 10-15m of standing. Of course now that I am no longer as active due to post surgery pain, I've gained weight and that's hard on knees and feet too, so I'm not about the time, at this point.
I suppose if I have any sort of luck with indoor flight, maybe then but I don't mind changing a battery, if I can outfly my battery, I suppose that all changes, I just know that won't be the case. LOS is just crippled due to where I live.

4afbdd04f67fee44a70ac88ab89dbce7.jpg

20585e3909cb246f4590b30df2497c07.jpg

About to test these

I thought of something similar, except was going to also buy one of those motorized antenna mounts on Amazon for like $35, cheap one, and yank off the TV antenna. Then you could remotely direct the directionals.

Yes, the four antennas on the bird are either send and receive for control, or send only for FPV video. There are two of each and each pair should be on diagonally opposite legs for best signal, regardless of aircraft orientation, as that way, one antenna for each will always be on the RC side of the aircraft. The power meter will show continuous power on the video antennas, and there's a YouTube video on how to use it on a DJI Inspire aircraft, as I recall.

As long as my current version still works for me, I don't update, until I absolutely have to. Great way to ground your bird unintentionally!:eek:

OA at full throttle has been measured at 11 mph on radar in one video! I bought the P4 for its speed, not to fly at half the speed!:rolleyes:
View attachment 55884
So, is that you doing that test? Or is that something you came across that happens to be acting like yours?
It's weird that your having this issue. One time, only once did my bird seem to be flying really slow, heck, maybe even more then once, just didn't notice it, but I'm almost sure it's normally flying. I say almost because I don't have a radar gun, or an easy way to test it.
I'm sorry if we get off point here, it seems Gadgetguy and I have hijacked this thread, but in our own defense, both of us have spent serious money on this one topic, and to be honest, only because of this thread, so, Thanks Jerimiah! For my wife telling me I have to sell some of my toys! Lol of course it's not your fault, I blame Gadgetguy anyway (lol) because he started the arms race!

Reactions: Jeremiah Nelson
d55ad9950d6b95d41db27b5d67261b29.jpg

8178acde87a24eb9e8678cc83d452958.jpg

Tripod completed, these antennas are bang on, for £40 they are really versatile, the pair are so light, can be positioned 180 degrees (on my mount). I don't need any amp, mainly because I'm limited to my tb48's but I'll post the comparison between these and the 16dBi ones I mounted to a pole mount which on both tests battery went before signal so conclusion is the same lol and I don't want to mod any batteries on my i1, I'll look at my options with my phantom 3 adv.

d55ad9950d6b95d41db27b5d67261b29.jpg

8178acde87a24eb9e8678cc83d452958.jpg

Tripod completed, these antennas are bang on, for £40 they are really versatile, the pair are so light, can be positioned 180 degrees (on my mount). I don't need any amp, mainly because I'm limited to my tb48's but I'll post the comparison between these and the 16dBi ones I mounted to a pole mount which on both tests battery went before signal so conclusion is the same lol and I don't want to mod any batteries on my i1, I'll look at my options with my phantom 3 adv.

What r TB48s? And also why's that RC832 thing the antenna goes into?
So your vid comes out on the monitor, so that's looking at you, and then the antennas of course pointing away at the aircraft?
Ok, different from what I am trying to accomplish but if it works that's cool.
Here at Amazon in the states we have these cheap TV antennas that have motorized mounts, you could do that if indeed you wanted to be able to fly in other directions, or if you mounted them up high.
Way to go in a whole seperate direction!
For me the directional isn't a choice, but can see if say a part of you area is where you always fly, like backyard and past is all farmland, and you always fly in said direction, they'd be good for that.
Jerimiah also says he can fly plenty far without amps also, in my area if I want any legroom I'm gonna need to amp mine up

60297b386def22ed2a0177b834696227.jpg

21d50d9ce6d4a35ba3b2ad54dd2749ac.jpg

This is back of the monitor, and I just hookup the hdmi out to it on my remote or my headgear.

The other antenna is for FPV 5.8ghz but I rarely use it tbh.

da6141735fcf977d59b7762c4ae5eb4e.jpg

Have this should I need amps, only reason I don't use them is I honestly don't need, I get 10k plus with my dbs and I don't really fly that much from my back, just every now and then, but if I do I know my pole setup will give me full range options in all directions because it clears the houses - long as my bird is min 200ft up then I get no issues, on dbs heading north only and because of trees I get 5k most then it's lights out and wait for it to come home [emoji120] lol.

Reactions: Sim597
60297b386def22ed2a0177b834696227.jpg

21d50d9ce6d4a35ba3b2ad54dd2749ac.jpg

This is back of the monitor, and I just hookup the hdmi out to it on my remote or my headgear.

The other antenna is for FPV 5.8ghz but I rarely use it tbh.

da6141735fcf977d59b7762c4ae5eb4e.jpg

Have this should I need amps, only reason I don't use them is I honestly don't need, I get 10k plus with my dbs and I don't really fly that much from my back, just every now and then, but if I do I know my pole setup will give me full range options in all directions because it clears the houses - long as my bird is min 200ft up then I get no issues, on dbs heading north only and because of trees I get 5k most then it's lights out and wait for it to come home [emoji120] lol.

Oh, is that what it is! A battery pack? Lol I have same one just not black, as soo as I saw the IQ and two USBs I knew what it was, I thought it was some type of channel thing or some other deal I'm not familiar with.
I have a resort about 4500' from my house, it's nice and has these cool pools and miniature golf, one of the pools is like a track where you float in these crazy angles and eventually you end up where u started. Anyway it's a destination for me as it's through a bunch of trees and a few houses, I've been the furthest with the amps and my smaller DBS antenna. I've since been given new info on kit to use upper channels in the 32ch hack so I'll try and do better.
You use your RTH often? Or just once in a while? The way it writes is you just run it out and let it come back, I've only had a RTH twice and once was only 20 seconds, the second time was more nerve racking, but she always comes back, so far! Lol
Good luck! Btw where are u at? Noticed you used (is that a franc?) not the American note anyway...lol

Oh, is that what it is! A battery pack? Lol I have same one just not black, as soo as I saw the IQ and two USBs I knew what it was, I thought it was some type of channel thing or some other deal I'm not familiar with.
I have a resort about 4500' from my house, it's nice and has these cool pools and miniature golf, one of the pools is like a track where you float in these crazy angles and eventually you end up where u started. Anyway it's a destination for me as it's through a bunch of trees and a few houses, I've been the furthest with the amps and my smaller DBS antenna. I've since been given new info on kit to use upper channels in the 32ch hack so I'll try and do better.
You use your RTH often? Or just once in a while? The way it writes is you just run it out and let it come back, I've only had a RTH twice and once was only 20 seconds, the second time was more nerve racking, but she always comes back, so far! Lol
Good luck! Btw where are u at? Noticed you used (is that a franc?) not the American note anyway...lol

Yeah I just put a 3 or 4S on the monitor lol, don't use RTH that much, rarely now. I have a window in the back garden which is the way I always fly out because I know it's clear:

b1b31bedd663215e91efe0c7bf09f1b7.jpg

I can easily get 3 or more miles but just need to do the battery mod on my phantom don't want to my the inspire, tend to be more cautious these days because £2000 is a lot to loose, I could maybe deal with a phantom but the other half may kill me hehe.

I am based in the UK, really want to get to the states though and do some storm chasing with my bird [emoji108]

Hey bro, ok so, Jake actually contacted me noticing my not so great results ( that's the guy we want to keep around) and suggested me not use channels 30,31,32 as they seem to not work well with the big boy, so there may be something to that. I didn't get an answer from you about how your amps glow, one glows much less, the downlink side but Jake said this also is normal and off the channels I was using it should glow better.

Jerimiah I got my Hi-Gain Hawking (the one new for $40) but think I ordered the wrong thing!
It's a 9dB omni. HOA9SIP? Here pics, I have an identical one and two nice whips of lmr-240 with N to Sma, they're 6' and should do well to help holding remote no?
Anyway, let me know if I screwed up.
80a51a4bb4782059e070bff5f1bdff97.jpg
09ad8b552b4194d1136dc9d933bbbe24.jpg

Looks like my tp link with 120cm and 12dbi

Attachments

• tmp_3959-DSC_00021547702932.JPG
    tmp_3959-DSC_00021547702932.JPG
    937.9 KB · Views: 305
Sorry I don't know answer but, I have my own question sorry. How are you going to power it? Use a BEC to control voltage and amps? And then what amp are you using? I'm thinking about buying another Sunhans or, they have these amp on Amazon that are basically low end Sunhans, they're 2w and only like $36 and seem to come with right stuff, meaning they're cheap but look like the real deal.
The antenna will be easy to check, you can even do it without tearing P4 apart. Pry the legs loose and disconnect one, that's all you have to do, u don't have to do both, after disconnect fire it up and see what channel isn't working, I'd guess if it's like it should be, number "2" should be the downlink, or black one, but that's a shot in the dark really.

I got the FPVLR kit which has the regulator and booster with it. I read on down for ways to find the video leg and didn't know there were two in the bird. Can't help but wonder if boosting both would help. So much to do and so little number of drones to fail with.

I got the FPVLR kit which has the regulator and booster with it. I read on down for ways to find the video leg and didn't know there were two in the bird. Can't help but wonder if boosting both would help. So much to do and so little number of drones to fail with.
So, you bought a kit? From Tony? Can you tell me what the regulator says on it? (I want to buy one, and then I'll buy one of those cheaper 2w amps from Amazon for $34)
So, yeah Gadgetguy said (and he's prolly 100% right in this) that one for each corner, makes sense, but, BUT, how many antenna connections then? 4 total? Then I need two amps like you were pointing out? If that's what it takes, still one reg, but dual amps and then try and reuse antennas, or try and go with even better ones?
Lemme know if u can what BEC (reg) he, or your going to use please? Thanks

Looks like my tp link with 120cm and 12dbi
Mine looks shorter and likely is. I was going to pick a 60" one, I guess that why I figured I had one, or with the great review and what Jerimiah says about this antenna, I have to go with it, he swears by this exact one. It's solid bro, I mean, it feels like a baseball bat, and can see why usually they're like $100 and that's what J paid I think too, I searched and waited and scoured to get both for about $110, u can prime them for $65, so I saved $20 but even on eBay they're $79 +17 shipping so I think they just came down.

So, I still chugging along. Got these in mail Saturday.
e1d86102c332aa1861d2331cce881e61.jpg

And then, I might order these too, what they are (I call them bulkheads but that's a steamfitter or shipbuilders' term) and basically they'll hook up to like a wall, then just plug into them with the lmr-240 cables for way more flex and ease of movement, also to keep from tearing our remotes in half, I know the pressure already is more then the stripped friggin screws can hold.
Anyway here are what these look like
77746a819856b920ca65f7596cab44fb.jpg

^ which I can see even to put on a wall may be tough with these, they're more like real bulkheads where they're meant for like 1/8" metal plate connectors, which that can be done, won't be as pretty as what I was thinking

So, you bought a kit? From Tony? Can you tell me what the regulator says on it? (I want to buy one, and then I'll buy one of those cheaper 2w amps from Amazon for $34)
So, yeah Gadgetguy said (and he's prolly 100% right in this) that one for each corner, makes sense, but, BUT, how many antenna connections then? 4 total? Then I need two amps like you were pointing out? If that's what it takes, still one reg, but dual amps and then try and reuse antennas, or try and go with even better ones?
Lemme know if u can what BEC (reg) he, or your going to use please? Thanks

I'll take a look tomorrow after work and let you know. Obviously Tony buys the electrical stuff but I don't know about the actuall antenna in the kit. I would guess he makes it. The kit is here:
Air side booster mod kit - FPVLR

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helen Y West