Flying from inside house or car anyone?

ff7679f0cd17fc10292372981bb842a0.jpg

So, according to this picture, the Sunhans come with this same connector, so one could theoretically be put one on, in fact, with a BAC, I guess what they're called if I remember, takes the battery voltage in to a usable power range for whatever device, this case the amp. If not another battery would need to be installed. I think it will eventually be what we do. I do wish someone would figure it out and make the kit.
Jeremiah's setup weirds me out, I don't understand how he loses control first. The only thing so can think is with the amp and the upper end hawking antenna, it gets the weaker signal from the bird.
For me it's obvious and makes sense I lose the video feed way way before control, using a panel antenna on the ground. That being the only difference (besides the obvious, I can see by video he lives in a much less dense population area then me, and trees that average 40' shorter. But the height and antenna have to making up for a lot of it.
I'd actually use the amp on the bird and not even put one on the RX side at first and see if that alone, pushing TX from remote, and pushing TX from bird. If we wanted to really get distance in bad areas, maybe two amp on bird and remote. I wonder how much impact the power would be, I'll say this, they don't seem to make much impact on the 13.400mah Anker, but that battery is a beast. If that's any indication then the power use wouldn't be a problem, and two of them weight about 90grams together, so that's doable on the bird, I've read 150g it can do no problem.

By the way, u see a motor replacement is $99!? Wow, u can get too shelve motors for 1/2 that, for $100 you get the best top motors around, I think

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Jeremiah Nelson
ff7679f0cd17fc10292372981bb842a0.jpg

So, according to this picture, the Sunhans come with this same connector, so one could theoretically be put one on, in fact, with a BAC, I guess what they're called if I remember, takes the battery voltage in to a usable power range for whatever device, this case the amp. If not another battery would need to be installed. I think it will eventually be what we do. I do wish someone would figure it out and make the kit.
Jeremiah's setup weirds me out, I don't understand how he loses control first. The only thing so can think is with the amp and the upper end hawking antenna, it gets the weaker signal from the bird.
For me it's obvious and makes sense I lose the video feed way way before control, using a panel antenna on the ground. That being the only difference (besides the obvious, I can see by video he lives in a much less dense population area then me, and trees that average 40' shorter. But the height and antenna have to making up for a lot of it.
I'd actually use the amp on the bird and not even put one on the RX side at first and see if that alone, pushing TX from remote, and pushing TX from bird. If we wanted to really get distance in bad areas, maybe two amp on bird and remote. I wonder how much impact the power would be, I'll say this, they don't seem to make much impact on the 13.400mah Anker, but that battery is a beast. If that's any indication then the power use wouldn't be a problem, and two of them weight about 90grams together, so that's doable on the bird, I've read 150g it can do no problem.

By the way, u see a motor replacement is $99!? Wow, u can get too shelve motors for 1/2 that, for $100 you get the best top motors around, I think

I do find it more stable when amping my video on its own, the antennas have got to be completely perfect along with the cabling.

So, Jermiah, how do you power the amps when near AC power? You still just use the USB for power, or plug them in via adapter?
I friggen love the Anker 13,400mah battery that Jake ships from MaxxUAV. For one, it's 4.8a out is crazy badass for 5v plus, it's dual output. Plus it feels like it belongs with the Sunhans Amps.
I don't know about you guys, but these amps and battery are just so top notch, bleeding, cutting edge tech man.

I just plug the black 3w amps into the wall when I want to fly. Yes I love the usb battery pack. But it would be just as easy to use the amps from jake on the remote. Only issue is the lmr240 cable can unseat the amps. Nothing a little of hotglue wont fix

I just plug the black 3w amps into the wall when I want to fly. Yes I love the usb battery pack. But it would be just as easy to use the amps from jake on the remote. Only issue is the lmr240 cable can unseat the amps. Nothing a little of hotglue wont fix

What happens if power cuts?

I'd actually use the amp on the bird and not even put one on the RX side at first and see if that alone, pushing TX from remote, and pushing TX from bird.

He's antenna is probably tuned better at what ever channel he uses for lightbridge.

Basic antennas work pretty simply, for example you could have 2 antennas A and B both tuned for 2.4ghz, 1 antenna could beat out the other at 2412mhz (ie channel 1), whilst the antenna that lost could win in testing at 2462mhz (ie channel 11)

Because most of the protocools down in this band need a fair bit of channel separation (to stop interference), and I'm guessing the RC TX is right on top of the polluted ranges of wifi networks etc ie 2400mhz up to 2462mhz Wi-Fi (chan 1-11), could be slightly different, and because the video link is way out of most pollution up at maybe 2600mhz (if your on channel 30), couple this with the fact I mentioned earlier about the antenna possibly having a somewhat higher peak tuning, it could make sense that his video link is better than his radio link.

So now ask the question, why don't DJI let us choose what channel our radio link is on, like they let us choose our lightbridge channel.....?

Reactions: Sim597
See, you need a different antenna man, you gotta do your homework, these WILL NOT WORK FOR THE TYPHOON!! One of them will, the other you need the dual freq. one that also does 5ghz man, jeez you know how much time I've already put into this? Hours and and hours, and haven't bought the antenna yet, but trust me, I know about 1000 times more then I did two weeks ago. If I was you, instead of getting two different antenna, and then making sure which is which, just get two of the dual channel ones. And yes, you need to power the amps, look at MaxxUAV's EVO setup, that's what I have coming plus the 14dB antenna, not the regular DBS mod, but much much bigger

I never understand why people want so much range if you're limited to battery range. Battery mod?

Losing control before FPV is a testament to the perfection of Jeremiah's external antenna setup. You will always have full, stable FPV to the farthest distance you have control. FPV degrading before you lose control is a major disadvantage! FPV beyond your control range is of course of no use, but, if you can further extend the control range, your FPVwill keep up! Well done, Jeremiah! :cool:

Last edited:
Still against US guidelines.

Are you in the US?
If so:
Are you registered?
Do you know the FAA guidelines?

Ignorance is one thing disregard is another.

Hey just to let you know I think you and people like you are annoying as hell with your rhetorical broken record *** heard it a million times cry baby rant. You need to learn to keep it to yourself and not speak or write anything unless someone calls on you. For my enjoyment (remember keep it to yourself, I'm not calling on you) I would like to torture and inflict pain on your brain by letting you know I fly much higher than 1200 feet all the time and I live in an urban area and its fun and i'm going to keep doing it for fun and I couldn't care less how you and those like you feel about it.

You can keep your asinine comments to yourself.
The responsible use of drones is in everyone's best interest.

I have stated ONLY facts and not my personal evaluations of the folks who wish to do such things.

Hey just to let you know I think you and people like you are annoying as hell with your rhetorical broken record *** heard it a million times cry baby rant. You need to learn to keep it to yourself and not speak or write anything unless someone calls on you. For my enjoyment (remember keep it to yourself, I'm not calling on you) I would like to torture and inflict pain on your brain by letting you know I fly much higher than 1200 feet all the time and I live in an urban area and its fun and i'm going to keep doing it for fun and I couldn't care less how you and those like you feel about it.

Steven, this has been discussed weeks ago so don't need it brought up again. Fly as high as you want but don't come hear a brag about it. Stay on topic.

I never understand why people want so much range if you're limited to battery range. Battery mod?

Well, for one I cannot fly to my batteries limits, so I certainly could go for doubling my range, and I still would have plenty battery left. What your saying doesn't make sense, if I was flying to my battery limits, I wouldn't be trying to get more range.
What a weird comment to make, first, your replying to a post I made, replying to a guy talking about getting this setup FOR A TYPHOON H, where I pointed out this setup will not work for 5.8ghz

So you keep "wondering" all you'd like, until you understand the people here aren't getting 5 miles and running out of battery, and wanting more, instead I am pushing 4000' thru trees and other obstacles and losing my downlink way before getting close to my control links range limits.

It doesn't get any simpler, I'm flying in a noisy environment and have gotten 1 mile, a little more if I Fly in a certain direction, from my backyard and not even close to my battery limits. I guess we all don't fly in Utah in middle of nowhere with 3+ miles in every direction. I'm not even interested in a battery mod, for me 20 minutes X 3 batteries if more then enough.

Losing control before FPV is a testament to the perfection of Jeremiah's external antenna setup. You will always have full, stable FPV to the farthest distance you have control. FPV degrading before you lose control is a major disadvantage! FPV beyond your control range is of course of no use, but, if you can further extend the control range, your FPVwill keep up! Well done, Jeremiah! :cool:
That's totally not true in my case, I don't have downlink when I am full bars with control, of course my control is boosted, where the downlink is only a "hearing aid".

That's totally not true in my case, I don't have downlink when I am full bars with control, of course my control is boosted, where the downlink is only a "hearing aid".

As long as you are getting the FPV at the distance away that you need to fly to get what you want, it's all good. On my DBS-02 amped control mod for the P4, I was able to achieve 5.8 miles away with full FPV and only turned around because the battery was at 51%. Closer in, the FPV depend upon the elevation. I generally lose FPV before signal, and just elevate 10-20 feet to restore it. Still waiting to receive Jeremiah's car setup to compare, but am very encouraged by his results! :cool:

Well, for one I cannot fly to my batteries limits, so I certainly could go for doubling my range, and I still would have plenty battery left. What your saying doesn't make sense, if I was flying to my battery limits, I wouldn't be trying to get more range.
What a weird comment to make, first, your replying to a post I made, replying to a guy talking about getting this setup FOR A TYPHOON H, where I pointed out this setup will not work for 5.8ghz

So you keep "wondering" all you'd like, until you understand the people here aren't getting 5 miles and running out of battery, and wanting more, instead I am pushing 4000' thru trees and other obstacles and losing my downlink way before getting close to my control links range limits.

It doesn't get any simpler, I'm flying in a noisy environment and have gotten 1 mile, a little more if I Fly in a certain direction, from my backyard and not even close to my battery limits. I guess we all don't fly in Utah in middle of nowhere with 3+ miles in every direction. I'm not even interested in a battery mod, for me 20 minutes X 3 batteries if more then enough.

It was a simple question that could that you could have answered with; some people have bad range depending on we're they live. Have you taken your pills today?

I have a itelite mod, would i be able to buy the antennas and then plug them in and use them? or do i need to do something extra?

I have a itelite mod, would i be able to buy the antennas and then plug them in and use them? or do i need to do something extra?
Assuming you get the correct connectors on the end of the antennas, that's all you need. The correct ones are currently back-ordered everywhere, but expected back in stock shortly.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT