Flying from inside house or car anyone?

I read about a guy mirroring his DJI Go feed to AppleTV and I live in a location where I could fly from my living room inside my house as I look out over a nice large area. I wonder how things would work if I tried mirroring to my TV and watching the feed there as I fly?
You could but the latency would be to high

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

OK. I'll be that guy... Any thoughts if this will work with the Typhoon H?

Also, what is the USB battery pack for?... to power the amps?
See, you need a different antenna man, you gotta do your homework, these WILL NOT WORK FOR THE TYPHOON!! One of them will, the other you need the dual freq. one that also does 5ghz man, jeez you know how much time I've already put into this? Hours and and hours, and haven't bought the antenna yet, but trust me, I know about 1000 times more then I did two weeks ago. If I was you, instead of getting two different antenna, and then making sure which is which, just get two of the dual channel ones. And yes, you need to power the amps, look at MaxxUAV's EVO setup, that's what I have coming plus the 14dB antenna, not the regular DBS mod, but much much bigger

Reactions: Jeremiah Nelson
I watched your video, it was cool, now, when you went and kinda turned with that canal, or small river, was that at your limit at all? I was hoping for some info via text thru the vid to say like "here I'm at full bars, or this is where my limit is" but still, your low and far, you were in sport so covering ground quickly.

Yeah sorry not really into video editing yet but thinking about it. I just wanted to show what these antennas can do

Well
Yeah sorry not really into video editing yet but thinking about it. I just wanted to show what these antennas can do
it did, I'm totally breaking my wife into the the fact I am doing this, I may need her help (yuck!) but like I said, my big thing is, I'm disabled, but not one of those scumbags who collect and go out riding a jet ski and doing work. Unfortunately I can't get from the ladder (climbing it alone with my bad knees and leg and back) but can't transfer to the house, if I did I'd fall I think. So, I'm considering a mast outside the room, a 24' fiberglass one, that way I could take all day to do a 1hr job lol.

You see I've been doing my homework. Your mounting looks so frighten nice! I love the look and how clean your install is. I also think they are likely the proper distance from each other. Plus, they just look so cool!! Lol, I know, it's a little punky or whatever, but I think they look great, and would love for ppl to be like "what the hell are those for honey?" "I don't know, CIA or something" lmao although, to be honest, I wouldn't want anyone to think I was a HAM radio operator, lol

Lol well thanks. It's not tidy enough. You can see I used tape to secure the Hawkins to the pvc and it's starting to unravel. You can also see I left the duck tape on the roof a year ago. This is the best I've come up with so far inside. Look how thick that cable it! It's hard to manage. Working on a way to make this clean to where I just plug the remote into the wall and use the amps on my maxxuav until I get my amps outside on the roof. Sounds like you will be set up soon

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 462
Lol well thanks. It's not tidy enough. You can see I used tape to secure the Hawkins to the pvc and it's starting to unravel. You can also see I left the duck tape on the roof a year ago. This is the best I've come up with so far inside. Look how thick that cable it! It's hard to manage. Working on a way to make this clean to where I just plug the remote into the wall and use the amps on my maxxuav until I get my amps outside on the roof. Sounds like you will be set up soon

Use one of these, I used these to bring all my cables to the TV, well, you have the smart box also, so you know that part stayed low, didn't have too, but it saved me running a bunch more cables up. I love my 9000, I didn't get the 9500, wanted it but it gets lower reviews!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    224.4 KB · Views: 434
I know they look meaty, I know how I am, I'll want it clean and don't mind spending the $$ on making it nice, it's just the work kills me, and I was a union Pipefitter for 27 years. I miss being able to do everything I used to be able to do, simple stuff, had a loose board on my chimney, needed a buddy to come over, took him 5 minutes, I worried about that thing for three weeks. But I'll do a little at a time, not 100% on how to get it into my room yet either, or the mast or chimney, rather do the house, it's tall single story, I have like 12' ceilings and the attic is like 14' so it's a tall house, neighbor is a two story and our roof is about same height, weird

Did you really leave your tape! Lol oh man, you gotta go up there and just use some pitch or some of that sealant cualk and do it right man, your so close to having it like a pro did it!

I was looking at the antenna so hard and admiring them, I didn't notice the tape or it coming off, I thought it looked like two small pipes holding them straight up and plumb, and didn't see the wires either so figured you drilled right down, which is ballsy, I won't do that, Ill go sideways into the chimney after doing the drip drops

Js9000 is awesome. I have the 48 inch for my pc and flight monitor and the Hu9000 78 inch I got for a steal at BB when the js came out 6k off retail. I got the one connect box for the js series think its the sek3500u and while the pic was already amazing the older hu9000 when I updated with the new one connect box pic is about as good as the js sammy

Reactions: Sim597
Will be testing lightbridge2/A3 build with these soon as DJI decides to ship an a3 I paid for a month ago.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 415
Reactions: GadgetGuy
Yesterday I was sitting on a park bench at Sandy Point State Park when a cruise ship happened by. From nearly 3 miles away I sitting comfortably on the bench doing this...

That was a very engaging video. You've got skills, I've got trust issues. I'm not brave enough to fly over water, and still get nervous when the link gets weak. I know it will come home, but I guess I don't believe it.

Thanks. I had many hundreds of flights on my Vision+ prior to getting the P3s & P4 & I've found these things to be extremely reliable. I've had a couple of battery issues (with the same Vision+ battery) but RTH has always worked for me.

That was a very engaging video. You've got skills, I've got trust issues. I'm not brave enough to fly over water, and still get nervous when the link gets weak. I know it will come home, but I guess I don't believe it.

I did get it to stay connected the next time I tried. The first time I was inside the house so I could watch the tv but that's the time it didn't work. The next time I was outside in front of my house and mirrored to Apple TV and my wife stayed inside and watched on our television. Had a few 'buffering' glitches in the first 30 seconds or so but smoothed out and worked fine.
We really want it to work from inside the house, without needing the HDMI out module. Have you tried again from inside, so you and the wife can share the experience on the couch together?

You could but the latency would be to high

It's just a mirrored secondary screen, so you can look back and forth, if the latency is important, when flying around objects. There's a 200 msec latency on the tablet FPV anyway. How many msec does the Apple TV latency actually add?

Trust is built over time. You just need more experience to build up the skills, so you can learn to trust it. Start slow, and push the envelope bit by bit. I went from within a mile over land to 6 miles out over water over a year. It has always come back! 300 times! The only 3 crashes were within view, all due to battery shutoffs in midair!

Trust is built over time. You just need more experience to build up the skills, so you can learn to trust it. Start slow, and push the envelope bit by bit. I went from within a mile over land to 6 miles out over water over a year. It has always come back! 300 times! The only 3 crashes were within view, all due to battery shutoffs in midair!

Lol that's awesome and pretty much sums it up. They always come back. I am totally confident pushing to complete radio silence multiple miles away and grabbing a cup of coffee in the other room until I hear a beeping noise

Hi,
Looks efficient! :) I wonder what cables are you using to get up the roof? - and where to get them. I guess these cables should be available somehwere in Europe too. I'd need 15m antenna cables.. and thought of 2 pieces 10W or 20W Sunhans booster. (I hope this is not burning the Wifi-net of the local airport....)

Lol that's awesome and pretty much sums it up. They always come back. I am totally confident pushing to complete radio silence multiple miles away and grabbing a cup of coffee in the other room until I hear a beeping noise
Yes, after experiencing the complete loss of signal, if your Loss of Signal settings are correct, they are designed to restore signal, by first elevating, and then flying closer, as needed, so you can cancel RTH and move on. However, what I really worry about are the other drones out there, that I could run into, that can't be seen, until it's too late to take evasive action. I've seen two in the last month while reviewing the 4K video afterwards, frame by frame. "Whoa! What was that streak?" :eek: Last week, one came out of nowhere, head-on, and missed me by a 5 foot separation! The one before that was about 25 feet away. Be careful out there!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robvalduga