Flying from inside house or car anyone?

OK that was awesome. Talk about community patrol. :D Is this the future? Haha. I can see this being done by the actual police force one day with "drones" worth 250K. BTW, every time I watch you fly its like a thrill ride and I wonder how long will your luck hold out. How often do you crash into stuff flying like that? You must go through props a lot. :D I do respect the skill and the courage!

Havent really crashed the p4 yet. I was not happy with that flight. My heart was freaking racing!

Had to post this. I am sitting in my car having a nice flight in the park and these kids start doing crazy burnouts behind me. This goes on for a few min till the phantom 4 shows up! Sorry no sound. Ipad pro was throwing errors on export for some reason.

https://youtu.be/48As5hWFXjM

I am not sure this is the appropriate way to deal with kids doing stupid things. That aside, have you noticed your horizon is off and when you go forward it steers to the left? Your compass calibration is off.

Reactions: maseman88
OK that was awesome. Talk about community patrol. :D Is this the future? Haha. I can see this being done by the actual police force one day with "drones" worth 250K. BTW, every time I watch you fly its like a thrill ride and I wonder how long will your luck hold out. How often do you crash into stuff flying like that? You must go through props a lot. :D I do respect the skill and the courage!

I don't understand... You think that was good piloting lol?

I am not sure this is the appropriate way to deal with kids doing stupid things. That aside, have you noticed your horizon is off and when you go forward it steers to the left? Your compass calibration is off.

Camera is a messed up and broken. Firmware update broke it. Works about 1 out of 10 power cycles. Also, It was very windy that day.

LOl I was waiting for that! Trust me the park was safer without them. I didn't get all the **** they did on video.

LOl I was waiting for that! Trust me the park was safer without them. I didn't get all the **** they did on video.

Sure, but what if someone was on the other side of a tree and got hit by the car that was running from you? Not going to belabor it but let's just say in the wrong hands someone could use this as an example of why drones need further regulation.

Sure, but what if someone was on the other side of a tree and got hit by the car that was running from you? Not going to belabor it but let's just say in the wrong hands someone could use this as an example of why drones need further regulation.

If there were people there on a weekend I would not have done it. However, I had been there for quite some time and the place was empty and that's why they felt safe to goof off. Him driving away like he did was nothing compared to the driving before the video

Reactions: NormanNormal
On the remote you said the left antenna is RC control (transmitter) and the right antenna data from the craft (receiver) so I have to ask why when a booster (RF amp) is used i why is it installed on both antennas

Reactions: NormanNormal
Finally got the hdmi working on the p4 to an external monitor today. This is the first time I've taken the p4 on the house antennas and got out a good ways. Good signal entire flight. Not bad considering the 50ft of antenna extension plus another 10ft of extension out of each amp to the remote.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 498
Boosting the control signal going out and amplifying video signal coming back in. Right?
Pretty much as simple as that.
The techy terms would be:
"Transmit gain" and "Receiver gain".
You could do a simple test and bypass the amp used on the lightbridge leg of your RC, boost only your RC TX (transmit) and fly out far, you will more than likely see full RC TX signal whilst loosing your lightbridge link.

Last edited:
Thought I would let everyone know of this website for your antennas. They are located in Arizona and prices are MUCH better then I have seen elsewhere. I ordered some new gear for my 900mhz data link setup and it shipped the next day via UPS. They have plenty of other RF hardware as well as great explanation pages on connectors and adapter types. Enjoy! Data Alliance: Ubiquiti, MikroTik, Alfa WiFi Network Antennas

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Reactions: BoydBros
Thought I would let everyone know of this website for your antennas. They are located in Arizona and prices are MUCH better then I have seen elsewhere. I ordered some new gear for my 900mhz data link setup and it shipped the next day via UPS. They have plenty of other RF hardware as well as great explanation pages on connectors and adapter types. Enjoy! Data Alliance: Ubiquiti, MikroTik, Alfa WiFi Network Antennas

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Looks like they have a good selection and good prices.

Reactions: Kag49601

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT