Flying from inside house or car anyone?

So...how's stealth mode treating you? Do we all need to go nuts and buy low-pro antennas now?
Hold your horses for now, pls.. :). Didn't get to do significant test runs yet; my P4 is at DJI for repairs (had a skirmish with a tree branch...guess who won..lol). It should be back later this week.

I have an unmoded P4P but the RCs are not compatible... you'd think the difference is only in the downlink frequency ..oh well, DJI!! Anyway, updates to follow.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Edited this post as I gave wrong info.. apologies

The meter doesn't ever want to see more than 0dBm of power input
so if you have a Tx that puts out 500mW (+27dBm) you need at least -27dB of attenuation,
thus the 30dB attenuator they supply would suffice. 1000mW (1 Watt) is exactly 30dBm of power
but that maxes out the meter, which is why they recommend further
attenuation. But because it's a log scale, you only need another -3dB of attenuation
to handle up to 2000mW, and they're simply suggesting another 10dB to give a comfortable
margin. In theory 40dB of attention could absorb 10W of total power.
(Info copied and pasted) I am trying very hard to learn and do not want to mislead.. my apologies.

Sent from my XT1585 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
Reactions: IBV and JohnnyB
On vacation this week
True story.....
I mounted my RF-Linx amps and. L Com's on the roof today. Was able to sneak the LMR 400. Thru an eve and into a closet,
Nothing special, mounted to the end of the house, 8 ft apart...
Will test it soon.... Entertaining myself crashing my race drone repeatedly... Lol

Turbo

Reactions: JohnnyB
On vacation this week
True story.....
I mounted my RF-Linx amps and. L Com's on the roof today. Was able to sneak the LMR 400. Thru an eve and into a closet,
Nothing special, mounted to the end of the house, 8 ft apart...
Will test it soon.... Entertaining myself crashing my race drone repeatedly... Lol

Turbo
Good stuff!!!! While your off, you should call rf linx and get all the info you can get on the LTX's for us. I can't, went back to work.. lol I would like to know what all the pretty flashing lights mean. (Scratching head)

Reactions: cstout
Good stuff!!!! While your off, you should call rf linx and get all the info you can get on the LTX's for us. I can't, went back to work.. lol I would like to know what all the pretty flashing lights mean. (Scratching head)

I'll note what lights are on, off or flashing while i have it fired up today.
It snowed last night, don't tell IBV, there is snow on my amps....lol :)
I'll go blow it off with my bird...lol... poof...dam... amp was turned up to high...:eek:

I really don't have a good spot for a home station. I'm surrounded by giant pine trees. My Antenna's are 75' from a 100' tall, 2ft around pine tree... Bastards....lol.. My RF Linx will blow right threw the house but are no match for a giant tree :( Need a bigger Turbo!! ;)

Turbo

Last edited:
I'll note what lights are on, off or flashing while i have it fired up today.
It snowed last night, don't tell IBV, there is snow on my amps....lol :)
I'll go blow it off with my bird...lol... poof...dam... amp was turned up to high...:eek:

I really don't have a good spot for a home station. I'm surrounded by giant pine trees. My Antenna's are 75' from a 100' tall, 2ft around pine tree... Bastards....lol.. My RF Linx will blow right threw the house but are no match for a giant tree :( Need a bigger Turbo!! ;)

Turbo

Reactions: JohnnyB
Maiden flight went awesome!! Long a** video today...
I decided to concentrate more on FPV and around my neighborhood flying and not how far can i go out across the lake. I already know this set up will go out 4+ miles from my car in a good spot... big deal... easy peasy...lol
Not with all these tree's.. But penetration was amazing...
I'm on vacation and all pumped up because my **** worked the first time!!
It's the boards i tell yah.. I used more lumber.. regular loss tongue & groove..
:tonguewink:

Turbo

Maiden flight went awesome!! Long a** video today...
I decided to concentrate more on FPV and around my neighborhood flying and not how far can i go out across the lake. I already know this set up will go out 4+ miles from my car in a good spot... big deal... easy peasy...lol
Not with all these tree's.. But penetration was amazing...
I'm on vacation and all pumped up because my **** worked the first time!!
It's the boards i tell yah.. I used more lumber.. regular loss tongue & groove..
:tonguewink:

Turbo
Love the video!!! Now we know what the rest of the vacation will involve :)

What video?

Very nice. Imagine if those antennas were on a 25 ft. mast. Wonder what the guy walking his dog thought... or what the dog thought.

Very nice. Imagine if those antennas were on a 25 ft. mast. Wonder what the guy walking his dog thought... or what the dog thought.
I would like to put em on top of that 100' pine tree...lol
That was Henry out walking his German Shepard... Good neighbor... He is cool with it. I respect his space and stay away when he is out..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94