Flying below

Reaction score
Sorry if this is a silly question but can you fly the pv2+ below you? I would like to get some footage of a dam nearby, and start filming at the bottom of the dam going up with me on the top.also what sort of range would there be? Standard set up,no mods etc. many thanks as always.

Yes you can fly lower than where you launch from. I've done this many times.
The range should be the same as in any other situation.The signal is still subject to being blocked by large steel or concrete structures etc.When your flying near a dam try to avoid putting such structures between you and the Phantom.
If your using FPV,depending on how/where the antenna is mounted there is the possibility that the quad could shield the signal and make the picture break up a little.

Builder said:
Sorry if this is a silly question but can you fly the pv2+ below you? I would like to get some footage of a dam nearby, and start filming at the bottom of the dam going up with me on the top.also what sort of range would there be? Standard set up,no mods etc. many thanks as always.

Gravity has no effect on radio waves (unless your name is Einstein :) ).

Yes it should be no problem except depending on how low & surrounding structures ( Canyon walls, Buildings, etc ) you could Possibly drop below desired gps signal & have to fly in atti mode.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl