Fly backwards faster?

Reaction score
I was testing my P3A today and realized I can fly backwards faster than I can forwards, ive tried both ways in the wind and boths ways against the wind.

I reached 49mph backwards and about 40mph going forward, anyone else notice this or is my P3A in need of repair

Hmmm weird...you must have had the wind at your back to hit 49mph...mine taps out at 35mph with no wind...

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

yes I stated I flew using the wind and against the wind, both forwards and rear facing. Always had a higher speed flying backwards

yes I stated I flew using the wind and against the wind, both forwards and rear facing. Always had a higher speed flying backwards
Must be the high speed Selfie mode! :cool: Up, up, and away!
I'll have to try it!

Mine are the same as going faster backwards.
Have never gave it no thought other than the battery
weight made it tilt more giving it more speed .
Dono but all 3 of mine are that way .

Effectively, if the battery weight in the rear makes for a steeper forward angle while flying backwards, allowing faster speed.

Old thread but valid interesting point ... It does make sense and works.... better noticed in a day with low winds.

Im wondering if attaching external battery right on the lid of OEM battery will help to counter weight even more and give you a sport like ride helping you tilt a few more degree. just like P4 sport mode... Its obvious that there would be a limits of weight and disadvantages. But P3s are prety good balancing and the idea its having one battery setup for a speed mission like following my kids or my self on jetskis. Not that it'll keep up with the water craft (75mph) but helps. I be very happy with extra 10+mph as well as the extra air time and probably better efficience flying forward with less angle (same thing as not flying full thrust lol)

Any god ideas? This is all we can do with cold weather outside....

Old thread but valid interesting point ... It does make sense and works.... better noticed in a day with low winds.

Im wondering if attaching external battery right on the lid of OEM battery will help to counter weight even more and give you a sport like ride helping you tilt a few more degree. just like P4 sport mode... Its obvious that there would be a limits of weight and disadvantages. But P3s are prety good balancing and the idea its having one battery setup for a speed mission like following my kids or my self on jetskis. Not that it'll keep up with the water craft (75mph) but helps. I be very happy with extra 10+mph as well as the extra air time and probably better efficience flying forward with less angle (same thing as not flying full thrust lol)

Any god ideas? This is all we can do with cold weather outside....
Flying faster backwards just means we can run into tress or buildings quicker

Reactions: Philltayl
Never done that yet but there's always a first time :) ....
If I'm flying backward it's always going to be at a safe altitude and in safe open areas...So nothing to hit, like I said there will be disadvantages but how outs can you get the advantage of more speed without buying a P4 and losing some of you range them ....

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl