Flipping the DJI Phantom in manual mode

Man, that is so cool! Seems like you would have got a little higher, would do some real damage at that speed!

Awesome video of the flips.

What's the sticking technique to do a flip?

insatiable said:
Man, that is so cool! Seems like you would have got a little higher, would do some real damage at that speed!

I can tell. On that day there was damage involved. :D

growe19 said:
Awesome video of the flips.

What's the sticking technique to do a flip?

Basically it is a short full throttle then less throttle together with pressing in one direction until it is in level position again and full throttle. If you never flipped a quad before it is hard because in the standard settings the dii phantom has a huge flipping radius. (not like in the video)

That's amazing. Smash it into the ground on purpose. Wow.

AR.Tommy said:
Looks like you got something wrong. What makes you think this was on purpose?

I'm just wondering how long it's gonna last with those kind of crashes over and over. It does look like fun though!

That thing looks really sluggish, Im wondering if thats the Naza, motors, or speed controllers or a combination of all three. I know in my looking for a replacement for the Phantom I keep hearing people say the Naza doesn't fair well in aerobatics and SimonK flashed speed controllers are a must.

Are you working on rolls yet?

Usually it doesn't make sense to buy a quad with GPS, IMU and all that stuff only to fly it manually in end, so yes - it is right: the Phantom is not build for aerobatics.

AR.Tommy said:
Looks like you got something wrong. What makes you think this was on purpose?

If you go up 10 meters more before flipping, just could recover from falling ;)

That could be true, but this is something one can see only afterwards. Besides that I wanted to film it and it is already awful small.

Very very nice :D

Just bought a DJI Phantom Vision, I know it is not designed for flipping, but would it be possible?
Just do not wanne try as I just bought it haha

If somebody flipped a Vision, please let me know how to do it, and post a vid! :D

Best,
E

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl