Flightplan creation options for mapping?

Reaction score
I'm going to be doing archaeological survey mapping in remote (no wifi/cellular) locations.

I like what I've seen of DroneDeploy except that it is web-based and you must activate the app with an internet connection before you fly. If you power down your maps will be gone until you can access the internet again. This may not be an option for me. DroneDeploy support told me they're working on better offline features but I need something soon. I still want to use DroneDeploy for processing but I would like to find an entirely offline option for flying that would allow be to plan my surveys at home, download the flightpaths onto my tablet and then start up and fly in the field. Simple and bulletproof. Then I can do the processing online once I get home.

It also seems like it would be good to have flightplans set up on more than one app, as a backup plan, in case you have trouble with one.

Any ideas?

Maps Made Easy looks like a good possible option except that I just got a new Android tablet and they only support iOS.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl