Flight Speed?

Reaction score
Is there an optimal speed to fly when capturing a video that you know you're going to edit? If I record at a fast flight speed is it easy to edit the video to slow down the video for future viewing?

Is there an optimal speed to fly when capturing a video that you know you're going to edit? If I record at a fast flight speed is it easy to edit the video to slow down the video for future viewing?
If there was an optimum speed it would vary with height.
Fly fast close to the ground and things tend to blur, fly the same speed but higher up and there's no blurring.

It's like looking at the edge of the road when driving at 100mph vs looking out into the distance at the same speed.

Reactions: OOO
Assuming there's no blur, is it easy to slow down the edited video? I use Resolve but do have other options available.

Assuming there's no blur, is it easy to slow down the edited video? I use Resolve but do have other options available.
Better advice might be to fly slower and have the option to increase speed in post, you can only slow down by a factor or recorded frame rate/ desired output frame rate without the footage looking off- no amount of interpolation wizardry will recreate the frames you never had.

Reactions: OOO

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94