Flight log, Journal and how to protect ourself?

Reaction score
So, I am a Noob P3A owner and I am OD'ing on the forums, and rules as I wait for my order to arrive. So my question is, lets say I am heading out to photograph a lighthouse. I look online, and I see theres a private runway within 5 miles. Do I just call them and let them know I'll be there and will be flying safe?

Then do I log who I spoke with and when in a Journal, to prove I did it? AKA, how do I cover my a$$ after I contact a tower?

Thanks for any feedback!

Hello,

It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.

Many times with smaller airports there is no one there to answer the telephone. I would suggest faxing in that case if you can. You are only notifying them, not getting permission. I would take a spotter if possible also to help you spot aircraft in your area.

If you've seen one lighthouse on land, you've pretty much seen them all... I would just drop over to the next one, same view... Ah heck :) I'm just not a lighthouse fan unless they're being overrun by a typhoon.

The booberment has got everyone running scared. Go take your pictures. Stay below 400 feet and watch for any approaching aircraft. Familiarize yourself with the actual traffic patterns of your local airport.

Reactions: GMayberry

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl