Flamborough Head from the air

Reaction score
Here's one of my latest video's filmed at Flamborough Head. Weather conditions were perfect and I never realised how beautiful the coast line was in this part of the country. I met a couple of photographers down on the beach who were quite intrigued to see a flying camera.

I have posted this video to YouTube and was surprised to find it can be viewed at 1440. I posted it at 1080 so how can this be? Obviously it has been upscaled, but why haven't my other posts been upscaled also?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sl6cvR_6F-w

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sl6cvR_6F-w[/youtube]

Reactions: daveleeds
I like it! Great shots following the contours and very smooth. I get the impression that this wasn't 'normal' weather and I'd like to see it alongside one with big waves. Now there's a challenge!

Ffwrnais said:
I like it! Great shots following the contours and very smooth. I get the impression that this wasn't 'normal' weather and I'd like to see it alongside one with big waves. Now there's a challenge!

Thanks Ffwrnais, it was a challenge just flying over the water. Luckily the sea was so calm I new if I had to jump in to retrieve it it wouldn't be so bad :D

Tyrohne said:
Dan did you use a ND Filter? I'm getting a lot of banding on my videos when I fly into the sun at 1080p f60.

Tyrohne, there were no filters used. To be honest, I had to look on the internet to find out what an ND Filter was! Anyway, the video was shot very early in the morning therefore it was too low in the sky to cause any issues (sun shining through the props). I have experienced this problem in the past though and have resorted to making a DIY sun shade positioned over the top of the GoPro lens.

Great video. I picked up at P4 this week and will be in Filey this fall. Looking forward to filming Flamborough and Filey from the air. Cheers.

nice video.. i will be doing some filming on the east coast when the weather gets a bit warmer..

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl