Fishing oh no

We've used kites for many many years in both state & federal waters to carry bait/lures in positions & distances from the boat. No regs against it. Cant see a UAV any difference in using kites.

Hunting is a different critter. Many states dont allow baiting/feeders, etc. I can see how UAV would prohibited.
I answered this question in another forum some time ago. It's only a few to a handful of states that prohibit both hunting and fishing with a drone.

Just heard on the news that people caught using there drones for fishing will be fine 150 thousand dollars for sporting fish and the same for hunting ? What do think?

I think you might have got confused, North Carolina law is stating that 150 ft from any boat or pier and a fine of $1000 is most likely what yo are referring to , we try to keep up with these laws being made in Ohio as we live on the lake and near a pier and fly almost every day. .

300x100rev2.gif

The drone is used to drop the bait that is attached to the line that is on the spool of the fishing rod and reel being held by someone on shore. You don't use the drone to bring in the fish. Google is your friend.
You missed the sarcasm ....... LOL !

Probably because no sarcasm was indicated. Surf a few FB groups and you will find that to be a legit question along with "How do I turn on my drone?"

Then getting chastised by a few clowns for being a jerk when you tell the guy to read the manual.
There are some things, in life, you can get away with ignoring a manual. Drones & women are not two of them. Come to think of it, I once saw a book about understanding women. It was 228 blank pages .......

Reactions: MTO and v8juice
Just heard on the news that people caught using there drones for fishing will be fine 150 thousand dollars for sporting fish and the same for hunting ? What do think?
Can you please provide a link to this news or proposed reg.
I bought my p3s specifically for fishing recon from a boat. (I fish MD and SW FL).
If they pass a new more restrictive law it would be a bummer.

I don't use my p3s to perform "bait drops/lure drops".
I use it as a fishing recon tool...I film after fishing an area...review the film at night...best case outcome= uncover key structure/habit features not visible without the p3s perspective. I just started the p3s thing this August...it is very very difficult to operate a drone on a boat in +90 degrees/ +90% humidity with non-stop splashing saltwater/fish blood/chum/etc. My footage to date is a C- at best...issues with full sun filming/elevation/gimbal angle/reflection/time of day/water conditions/mean birds/etc.

On the bright side...performing a "hand catch" on a rocking moving boat is fairly easy...the p3s is very stable...even if the operator is not.

Appreciate the reference when you have time.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpren3