First Video With My Phantom 4

That's actually really good man, nice job!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thank you for sharing. Very good video, and fantastic colours.
Apart from the actual colours of the waters and landscape in Cyprus, Were you filming with a polarizer? Was the video made in Normal setting? D-log? or Vivid? I am not able to get those rich hues at all!

Thank you for sharing. Very good video, and fantastic colours.
Apart from the actual colours of the waters and landscape in Cyprus, Were you filming with a polarizer? Was the video made in Normal setting? D-log? or Vivid? I am not able to get those rich hues at all!

Thanks. It was filmed in the 'none' profile and i used an ND 32 filter. I also added a slight bit of saturation in post an they were the results

Thanks. It was filmed in the 'none' profile and i used an ND 32 filter. I also added a slight bit of saturation in post an they were the results

Lovely video! Do you have a link for the filter? Was also wondering what software you are using - ive started tinkering with iMovie but it seems a bit limited (or maybe its just my ability!)

Here's my first attempt at putting a little video together of my trip to Cyprus last month! Let me know what you guys think.. advice appreciated

Well done! Bang up job on the editing too.

I would have some suggestions. I wouldn't call it advice. You get advice in law school. In the art world, we give other offerings. ;)

Great stuff. If this is your first video, you are bound for greatness.

Lovely video! Do you have a link for the filter? Was also wondering what software you are using - ive started tinkering with iMovie but it seems a bit limited (or maybe its just my ability!)

Here is the link to the ND filter set I used, there is loads of different brands out there but these had good reviews and are well priced

TACO-RC Thread on ND filters set (ND4/8/16/32) for DJI Phantom 4

Yes I started on iMovie and moved onto final cut pro a few weeks ago.

Well done! Bang up job on the editing too.

I would have some suggestions. I wouldn't call it advice. You get advice in law school. In the art world, we give other offerings. ;)

Great stuff. If this is your first video, you are bound for greatness.

Thanks! Would appreciate hearing you suggestions.. :)

Nice vid ... trying not to spoil it for you but think safety when your flying over people ;) try not to do it full stop if you can help it.
But hey Enjoy what you do and keep it in the air - safety first but good job....

Thanks! Would appreciate hearing you suggestions.. :)
I watched it again, ready to jot down some notes but to be honest, I didn't find a whole lot wrong with it at all. In fact, the only thing I could give a criticism on is there is a couple jerky moves here and there but nothing out of the ordinary.

I would also say the only thing that left me a little dry was the ending. I am a big fan of endings, especially on pieces that are music driven, of which this is.

Which bring me to my next point, you are VERY good a matching the breaks, the beats and the rhythm to your video and the variable speeds are not too much, while just pushing the boundary. I found that to be fun and added excitement to the video.

Having been around aerial photography for so long, the vistas with no narrative tend to get boring unless they are of the most interesting things and aside from the nude beach, this was just that and you really did a fantastic job editing to the music. I might suggest next time that you really go nuts with it and maybe something a little faster with jump cuts that move you toward your final destination. To great effect, you did similar in this video where you jumped forward and/or using time-lapse to to do so and it worked great!

I know people that have been editing for 10 years that are just as good as you are. I was thoroughly impressed.

Great stuff!!!!

Thank you very much for your advice and comments il take them on board! I stayed over in Cornwall in the UK lastnight so just put a quick vid together to bore you guys with! Feedback welcome :)

Great stuff! Some really smooth shots! Are you flying manual or with litchi/autopilot/etc?

I watched it again, ready to jot down some notes but to be honest, I didn't find a whole lot wrong with it at all. In fact, the only thing I could give a criticism on is there is a couple jerky moves here and there but nothing out of the ordinary.

I would also say the only thing that left me a little dry was the ending. I am a big fan of endings, especially on pieces that are music driven, of which this is.

Which bring me to my next point, you are VERY good a matching the breaks, the beats and the rhythm to your video and the variable speeds are not too much, while just pushing the boundary. I found that to be fun and added excitement to the video.

Having been around aerial photography for so long, the vistas with no narrative tend to get boring unless they are of the most interesting things and aside from the nude beach, this was just that and you really did a fantastic job editing to the music. I might suggest next time that you really go nuts with it and maybe something a little faster with jump cuts that move you toward your final destination. To great effect, you did similar in this video where you jumped forward and/or using time-lapse to to do so and it worked great!

I know people that have been editing for 10 years that are just as good as you are. I was thoroughly impressed.

Great stuff!!!!
Thank you very much for taking the time to put this much time into a reply :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl