First Serious Crash on a Tree...HELP!

Reaction score
I just crashed the Phantom into a tree and when I turn it back on it does not show the status/warm up lights. It does fly but seems that the compass needs calibration. Plugged it into the NAZA software, nada. Does not connect. Perhaps the board got loose inside? Tried to open it but the F*** littlest screws are tight, need to get a superb-precision set.

Anyone ever had this issue? :/

Nip the case together to free them sounds like cas has took a knock. Daft as it sounds I have various Allen keys but didn't have a 2mm while out and about so pick a set up from one of the pound stores (uk)and it's the best fitting key I have.

I HATE those little screws! I ruined a nice screwdriver trying to get those off. Once I got them off I never put them back on.

Rotor head,
I very had two bad crashes, the first one was the result of one of my props flying off at about 100 feet and landing hard on cement ...for that one I had to open it up replace a board and soder the motor, one of the booms was bent at 20 degrees...the "lights"stopped working also but I didn't bother replacing that. seems the thing flys fine without them...my second crash was after I got a gimble seems the extra weight and the combination of a tree being in the wrong place at the wrong time + gravity made for another nasty crash. That one also bent a boom but I just bent it back(I've ordered a new shell)
To make a long story shorter you might( if you ever want to do any upgrades) want to get used to opening up your phantom..once you do it a couple of times it gets easier..sound like you damaged the small board behind the" light"there are lots of vids on utube to help you
Zackspar

Got lucky, opened the phantom after my third hardware store visit and it was just a loose connector, nothing broke.

The screws on the end of the arms have to come out FIRST, then do the hex/Allen key screws, if the take everything else off then try to undo the little screw, they will be as tight as they will ever be!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl