First impressions and takeaways from the forum

Reaction score
So I'll be getting my P3s this Monday and have spent the last few days on the forum trying to watch and learn from everyone's concerns. From what I can tell, most of the issues are claims the firmware updates are causing issues and most crashes involve people relying on the flight modes that are basically autopilot or hands-free. I understand that a lot of this seems to be user error like not setting a proper RTH altitude or attempting risky flights just to push the limits of the equipment.

Another concern I have is the feedback of poor customer service from DJI. I try to keep an open mind and understand that people post bad experience a lot more than good. I'm sure DJI gets 100s of calls from users that cause their own problems but want something for nothing. These users I'm sure puts a big strain on the company resources and delays the legit issues which effects turn around time. My order is new and not refurb and I am crossing my fingers that I don't get a lemon from the start.

I have enjoyed the forum so far and look forward to sharing my experience and footage in the near future.

Hey
Best advice is to take it slow and within your experience. I have a phantom 4 and a knockaround 50$ drone too. The phantoms fly themselves essentially. That said you still need to be careful and not push them too hard too fast. Don't do any anything on automatic if you're not comfortable, or able, to override it and manually land the bird. Dji care and/or 3rd party insurance might be helpful too to give a little peace of mind. Good luck

These things are amazing, and super duper fun. Just like everyones said, take it slow, dont get too comfortable at first, b/c its easy to do with these things........oh and one more thing..........dont make the same mistake as me and do this............unless you want to **** your pants of course ;-)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

These things are amazing, and super duper fun. Just like everyones said, take it slow, dont get too comfortable at first, b/c its easy to do with these things........oh and one more thing..........dont make the same mistake as me and do this............unless you want to **** your pants of course ;-)

LOL, Nope....wont be doing that!

Reactions: Suhail78

I almost rammed my buddies brand new, pre-release Mavic out of the sky a few weeks ago.... talk about poo moments

Reactions: Suhail78

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan