Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

1. damascus99

Yesterday I took my p4 out and ended up putting it in A mode then flying straight into a tree. Lucky enough it landed in tall grass so the was no damage.
    I did panic as whilst over a reservoir half a mile away I started getting weak image and RC signal weak so I flicked it in to sport mode to get it back quickly but ended up in A mode. As this is my first phantom I'm starting to think I've made a mistake losing signal happens quite often even if it's only for a few seconds surely this should not be happening ?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

2. Carlpembroke

Have you updated to most recent firware and DJI go app ? Some say it works others not.

3. damascus99

Yes all up to date

4. Dirty Bird

You have to remain calm & learn to trust RTH. Trust me it works. Just be sure you have a Home Lock when you take off & make sure you have set your RTH altitude to a suitable height to clear any obstacles at your flying location.

5. stefan350

By default my Rth was set on 5m, I quickly changed that to 50m.

6. jwt873

Another thing to consider is the antenna orientation. They should be more or less vertical with the flat side always pointing towards the craft.

DJI has a video showing the best way to do it. Remote Controller Antenna Best Practices

Another thing to consider is interference. If you're in an urban area, there could be a lot of WiFi signals flying around blocking the signal.

7. JWarren

Were the high line wires around? Substations? They will cause interference, I learned this myself yesterday by flying in a jungle of interference.