Firmware v 1.8.80 released (with notes)

Latest firmware on RC and bird and latest IOS app. Several flights all is well except When powering up an "update RC firmware" pops up. States version unknown for the RC firmware under the about screen.
Have to close out the Go app and reopen and it goes away shows current version under the about screen and no notification to update then. But does it every time I power up to fly. Anyone else having this issue?
I have been having this issue since the last update. The only solution is to always power on RC before opening app. If you open app first you will get the fw update every time.

The RC update worked ok from iOs app 2.7.1. I had DJI on chat, they apologised for delaying the release of the RC update on the iOs app,and they have also confirmed that there is an Apple bug on 9.3.1 iOs that causes connection problems between RC and DJI Go app. I'm afraid I will have to pray and wait for the 9.3.2 iOs to come out, in the meantime I'm flying with wife's Iphone 6+(ios9.3.0)
I am on iOS 9.3.1 and have no problem connecting. Just wanted to let you know. That doesn't mean the bug is not there though, but maybe it does not affect everybody? [emoji15][emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

The proper switching sequence should be RC on > App on > A/C on

But app should have handled the version and update issue properly. This is definitely a deficiency in app.

DJI have just released v 2.7.2 of DJI Go app for IOS; the Flight Records screen is certainly prettier and the camera view has been amended to make it look more streamlined. Everything seems to be there as before, just in different places.

What looks interesting is the new Home Point option.

Have still to try it out live and see how it feels.

DJI have just released v 2.7.2 of DJI Go app for IOS; the Flight Records screen is certainly prettier and the camera view has been amended to make it look more streamlined. Everything seems to be there as before, just in different places.

What looks interesting is the new Home Point option.

Have still to try it out live and see how it feels.
Hopefully, it will solve the connection issue some are reporting with iOS 9.3.1. I'm holding off that iOS upgrade until I hear a solution.

Hopefully, it will solve the connection issue some are reporting with iOS 9.3.1. I'm holding off that iOS upgrade until I hear a solution.
Connection issue is not related to iOS 9.3.1

Connection issue is not related to iOS 9.3.1
Connection issue IS also related to iOS 9.3.1, confirmed by DJI online rep. Problem solved when upgraded to 9.3.2 beta on my Iphone. Also working 9.3.0 DJI GO app started connection issue just after upgrading to 9.3.1(wife's iphone)

I have been having this issue since the last update. The only solution is to always power on RC before opening app. If you open app first you will get the fw update every time.
Thanks for the reply I will try this and see it works. I'm sure it will if you had the same issue. Will try it today as I'm heading out before work to fly over a lake for the first time. Slightly nervous lol

Connection issue IS also related to iOS 9.3.1, confirmed by DJI online rep. Problem solved when upgraded to 9.3.2 beta on my Iphone. Also working 9.3.0 DJI GO app started connection issue just after upgrading to 9.3.1(wife's iphone)
It's common game that interested parties play. iOS 9 was blamed when DJI Go app started failing left and right. We all know iOS 9 was a major release and many apps had failed as they didn't cook their recipes well for iOS 9. Same story again. Anyway best of luck.

Thanks for the reply I will try this and see it works. I'm sure it will if you had the same issue. Will try it today as I'm heading out before work to fly over a lake for the first time. Slightly nervous lol

The GO App has always been designed so that once you power up the R/C, the R/C will then enable the App to the app's Home screen. At this point a message scrolls instructing you to power up the A/C.

Point here is... Let the R/C pull up the App. Otherwise you might initiate a possible communication issue.

Proper sequence would be:
1) Power up smart phone or tablet/ipad (do not enable app)
2) Power up R/C (1st time-android version will prompt screen asking from a list which app you want R/C to communicate with)
3) Power up A/C
4) Fly with confidence...

Reactions: Mannsp3a
It's common game that interested parties play. iOS 9 was blamed when DJI Go app started failing left and right. We all know iOS 9 was a major release and many apps had failed as they didn't cook their recipes well for iOS 9. Same story again. Anyway best of luck.
Have you got any proof/source that in my particular case it's the DJI app that failed? I have tried restores/clean installs/uninstalls and nothing worked.I just upgraded to the current beta and ...problem solved(keeping the same dji app). Working dji app on wife's 9.3 failed too when i upgraded to 9.3.1. how can you NOT blame 9.3 when Apple has rushed to release 9.3.1 and soon they will be releasing 9.3.2??? Good luck to you too :)
I hope you are not one of those who blame booking.com app for the Apple Universal Links bug on 9.3

Have you got any proof/source that in my particular case it's the DJI app that failed? I have tried restores/clean installs/uninstalls and nothing worked.I just upgraded to the current beta and ...problem solved(keeping the same dji app). Working dji app on wife's 9.3 failed too when i upgraded to 9.3.1. how can you NOT blame 9.3 when Apple has rushed to release 9.3.1 and soon they will be releasing 9.3.2??? Good luck to you too :)
I hope you are not one of those who blame booking.com app for the Apple Universal Links bug on 9.3
I am still on iOS 9.3.1 on iPhone 5, iPhone 6, iPhone 6plus, iPad mini 2 and all work OK. So my feeling is that something goes wrong while installing update and it gets difficult to resolve the issue unless OS is totally changed.

Well, after a long chat with DJI, they gave me the solution. I think it's interesting to post it, since I haven't found it after googling for it.

To force to reinstall the firmware on the transmitter, it is necessary to press both back buttons, and the recording button, and the right wheel and then, turn it on without releasing any button. It still will show a solid white light and the RTH lighted on too.

Then, connect it to the app, select manually the aircraft type, enter into camera mode, and press on the "Disconnected" message. The popup will show now the option to update the firmware. By pressing it, it will install it into the transmitter as usual.

I hope it helps somebody.

Hello! I had to send my controller for a fix, after failed upgrade. I tried everything - from videos to suggestions from DJI tech. The controller didn't want to read the card or connect to the bird (even with a cord). Below is the "proper" procedure to reset the controller, as advised by DJI - the above post is missing one button, the "Camera settings". Yes, it could be pressed down, not just turned.

With the controller turned off - hold down 4 buttons together: C1, C2, Video Record and Camera settings, then turn on the controller. The light will turn blue. Wait a bit. Controller is reset. Now install the firmware bin file.

Hi, I just upgraded from 1.07.6 to 1.080088.
All was done in 6 minutes, ended with success.

But when launching RC and DJI Go I got the fast flashing yellow lights and the red "Signal Lost" message.
I have the camera view, the gimbal moves OK and the camera settings available, but the motors won't start.

I read in the release note that both AC and RC must be updated or they'll not link, fine. But how to update the RC?
DJi Go says "latest firmware" with RC at 1.57 and AC at 1.0760+ (??? why not 1.08?) and ask for nothing and doesn't download any RC firmware either.

I tried pairing the RC and the drone, push the small switch, DJI Go says process ending as usual BUT the small link-led keeps flashing red-light. No joy.

I've done all this above using DJI Go 2.6.1.
So I tried again, installing DJI Go v2.7.2 issued today : all the same symptoms. Signal Lost, motors don't start, unable to pair AC and RC.

I try to downgrade back to FW 1.076 in copying it on a blank formated SD card and firing the drone up: no joy, does nothing, says FW is same or older.

So what can I do to get it working? I'm despaired...

But when launching RC and DJI Go I got the fast flashing yellow lights and the red "Signal Lost" message.
I have the camera view, the gimbal moves OK and the camera settings available, but the motors won't start.

I read in the release note that both AC and RC must be updated or they'll not link, fine. But how to update the RC?
DJi Go says "latest firmware" with RC at 1.57 and AC at 1.0760+ (??? why not 1.08?) and ask for nothing and doesn't download any RC firmware either.

I tried pairing the RC and the drone, push the small switch, DJI Go says process ending as usual BUT the small link-led keeps flashing red-light. No joy.

So I tried again, installing DJI Go v2.7.2 issued today : all the same symptoms. Signal Lost, motors don't start, unable to pair AC and RC.

I try to downgrade back to FW 1.076 in copying it on a blank formated SD card and firing the drone up: no joy, does nothing, says FW is same or older.

Have to

Have to get a usb flash drive and insert the sad card into it and put it in the usb hub on your r mote to update.

Did some extensive testing on the new firmware today.
Had no issues at all.
Tested all the DJI Go app intelligent flight features, all worked as stated.
Flipped back and forth between DJIGO, Litchi, Vertical and Autopilot, mostly testing follow me/focus and orbit.
All worked great and like I said I was flipping between them all during flight and never an issue.
I found that both Vertical and Litchi did the best follow me/ orbit without the controller.

Reactions: Jack1926
Recent outing my maps didn't load at all. Using IOS.
I've had that happen before not sure what's up, so I flew without maps. Did get the notification home point was updated but no maps. Rebooted the app and the R/C with no luck. Have the switch set to cache the maps but did not do it at home before leaving. Honestly not even sure how that works since you power down the app etc.
I've had it not load maps on previous software. Hope it doesn't continue.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT