Firmware v 1.8.80 released (with notes)

4. Improved encryption to enhance security during transmission

More like "encrypted everything so people can't disable geo"
If i should lose/break my p3p, i'm just going to build my own next time..

Do we need to update the smart batteries as well? (Spares)

QUESTION: Is anyone getting an "odd" number of "calibrate the compass" warnings after the update?
No new, unique locations. Same place you've powered it up before...but with one or more calibration warnings that you did not see prior to this upgrade?

Great responses and questions on here. Nice to see activity and sharing.
If you are getting compass calibration messages, it's a good sign that you are near to magnetic materials affecting calibration. You may not have seen this before.

More like "encrypted everything so people can't disable geo"
If i should lose/break my p3p, i'm just going to build my own next time..
Encryption has nothing to do with Geo.

After upgrading succesfully the aircraft (as shown in the logs on SD card) i get now "RC Signal Lost" error without even starting the motors.
I am on iOS, just deleted and reinstaled the app but no success. I cannot install RC update via the app due to this error message. Waht can i do ?
This error message will not disable you from downloading the FW for RC. Switch off Aircraft. See mobile device is connected to Internet and to RC. Check status. You will be prompted to upgrade RC. Follow instructions.

Encryption has nothing to do with Geo.

It's all about protecting the implementation.
I've disassembled previous versions of the application and reviewed the code. checks in those where basic. but now that they have geo out, i can imagine they will take more advanced measures. so yes it does.

Why do they keep doing so many updates can't they just do it once every three months or just ask the people who fly them what we need all these updates keep making it less fun to own,

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Why do they keep doing so many updates can't they just do it once every three months or just ask the people who fly them what we need all these updates keep making it less fun to own,

I'm the opposite - the updates get me re-excited about flying to see what gains may have occurred.

Mark.

Reactions: gfredrone

I don't mind if we get regular updates provided they offer value to us and there is total transparency as to what changes we are applying. These updates affect my bird and I don't want to lose it cause I didn't know the impact of a newly introduced parameter.

Got a message yesterday that said I needed to update batteries. First for me, but then I've only had my P3 Pro 1 week. Is that something to expect from time-to-time?

I just got my replacement p3a and updated it to the latest FW. About 80% of the way through it started to go slow(sound slowing down) and the gimbal went limp then it went back to normal and competed.

The remote strangely done the same thing

Will be out flying it all being well tomorrow
"On two out of the five firmwares in the past, when the firmware LEDs and beeps had a slow beep it was the result of them slowing down your speed with the firmware change! "
****, sounds like DJI did it again!

DISCLAIMER:
These comments cannot be confirmed or denied and in no way reflects the views or opinions of said, DirtyBum!

Reactions: Jack1926
I found a possible undocumented change with the newest firmware (1.8.80) concerning no fly zones. In previous versions, entering a NFZ while flying would result in an automatic landing of the bird. It seems now that the ship wont land but it will automatically fly out of the NFZ.

Reactions: Jack1926
I found a possible undocumented change with the newest firmware (1.8.80) concerning no fly zones. In previous versions, entering a NFZ while flying would result in an automatic landing of the bird. It seems now that the ship wont land but it will automatically fly out of the NFZ.
Interesting...how can you say that?

Interesting...how can you say that?

I flew it into a NFZ and lost control until it was approx 50 feet outside of the NFZ. I didnt realize what happened at first and it scared the crap out of me. After I figured it out, I tested it a few times and the same thing happened each time. I also got a "Collision Warning" on my tablet once I crossed into the NFZ.

Not sure the new firmware is the cause. I've seen reports of this from time to time. I used to have this problem with my P2V. It would start to autoland due to low battery with 40% to 56% battery level. Returned it to DJI and they replaced the battery and problem went away. My P3A has not had that issue (yet, anyway).
I found the problem. After the update in the settings Smart RTH was on. So I turned it off and tried. All good after all.

Latest firmware on RC and bird and latest IOS app. Several flights all is well except When powering up an "update RC firmware" pops up. States version unknown for the RC firmware under the about screen.
Have to close out the Go app and reopen and it goes away shows current version under the about screen and no notification to update then. But does it every time I power up to fly. Anyone else having this issue?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart