Firmware v 1.8.80 released (with notes)

I knew it was too good to be true! I updated to latest firmware on both the P3A and the RC, and all went well yesterday when I took some stills.

This morning I flew a Litchi mission and the movie is ruined because of jerkiness. First time I've seen this. Any ideas how to fix it please? I'm using an iPhone 6 and a wifi only iPad Air 2. Thanks
What do you mean? Jello? Vibrations?

This is where American English and British English come into play, I think. Jerky as in it seems to stutter from point to point, I guess the closest would be vibration but its not actually vibrating but jerky!

Hi,
I think I have bricked my P3A remote after a failed update.
Aircraft upgrade was OK. But, as soon as I started upgrading the remote with the 2.7.2 app, I had a message on the tablet as if the usb cable was disconnected (it wasn't). I waited long time to see if something happens, but nothing.
Now, when I turn the remote on, all lights are white and RTH key is white too (is on), as if it were in a RTH process.
The app doesn't detect the kind of aircraft I have and when I manually enter in camera mode saying it's a P3A, the remoteis not detected.

Any clue?

Thanks in advance.
Well, after a long chat with DJI, they gave me the solution. I think it's interesting to post it, since I haven't found it after googling for it.

To force to reinstall the firmware on the transmitter, it is necessary to press both back buttons, and the recording button, and the right wheel and then, turn it on without releasing any button. It still will show a solid white light and the RTH lighted on too.

Then, connect it to the app, select manually the aircraft type, enter into camera mode, and press on the "Disconnected" message. The popup will show now the option to update the firmware. By pressing it, it will install it into the transmitter as usual.

I hope it helps somebody.

This is where American English and British English come into play, I think. Jerky as in it seems to stutter from point to point, I guess the closest would be vibration but its not actually vibrating but jerky!
If you shot at 25/30fps you need ND filter to avoid stuttering because you've to manual set at 1/60 shutter speed

I will suggest not to upgrade RC FW then. RC FW can't be downgraded and if you upgrade to 1.6, you will be forced to upgrade p3 to 1.8 else you will get no signal error.
Thanks. My main concern is , can I update my Dji go app safely while staying at my current older fw.

My update to both AC & RC was done without a problem. (Using an iPad mini 2 wifi with iOS 8.4)[emoji4]
Under iOS 8.4, DJI GO kept crashing and my iPad Air2 kept rebooting midflight. Updating the iOS finally totally fixed that, as it was a known iOS instability issue, which also affected apps making them crash. YMMV.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jack1926
I highly recommend not running 1.5 firmware. The DJI guys were pretty stern when describing how dangerous it was for sudden power shutdown. When I spoke to them at the CES show in January they said the firmware doesn't read voltage levels correctly, which results in sudden auto landings, and some cases power shutdowns midflight. That firmware cost DJI dearly in warranty claims, birds falling from the sky. As I was leaving the DJI booth they said to me, never fly 1.5, just don't go there. Hence, I've deemed that firmware the kiss of death. I think the sudden power shutdowns are in very cold climates, but can't say for sure, and I'll never know since I'll never fly 1.5.
Thanks for that info. I just purchased a used P3P with 1.5 on it, and on its maiden flight with a perfectly good battery, the voltages displayed for the cells were all over the place, varying by as much as .25V, and lower than I have ever seen before, resulting in speed throttling on the return! I thought it was the battery having not been topped off that day, but with auto discharge set to 10 days, I had fully topped it off the day before, so that made no sense! Sounds like I need to get off that firmware immediately! :eek:

Yah me too!! Not sure what the issues are with these updates as I have yet to have any sort of problem.... Is it a matter of people not following the basic instructions I wonder?
I think it's just a matter of people not reading all comments before they start replying :)
When I posted the comment you quoted DJI RC update wasnt uploaded yet for IOs devices to see

Thanks for that info. I just purchased a used P3P with 1.5 on it, and on its maiden flight with a perfectly good battery, the voltages displayed for the cells were all over the place, varying by as much as .25V, and lower than I have ever seen before, resulting in speed throttling on the return! I thought it was the battery having not been topped off that day, but with auto discharge set to 10 days, I had fully topped it off the day before, so that made no sense! Sounds like I need to get off that firmware immediately! :eek:
1.6.4 is good [emoji106]

HEEEELP!!1 Does anyone have a link to V01.08.0080? I've updated the RC, got the signal lost message and I'm darned if I can find the Aircraft FW!

Numone,

Just pick your bird: DJI Support - All Products

Jerry

It is on DJI site...
Cheers - I've been having a nightmare with my PC - It won't open the DJI site. I thought there may've been a direct link.

Nice - thanks....

I've found the direct link via PhantomHelp. Cheers everyone.

An update. I connected the 6P to the RC with no problems inside the house. I turned on the Phantom and all was good. I have no idea why it wasn't working before. The only thing I did was plug the 6P into my PC, change the USB settings to allow files transfers, and move some files onto the phone. Perhaps I had a USB problem. If the weather is good tomorrow, I will do a flight to see if the problem has really gone away.

One thing I did notice when trying and failing to connect yesterday was that when I tried to enable file transfers via USB, the phone seemed to ignore the screen tap.

I really do not like problems going away with no explanations. I will post an update after I fly using the 6P.

perhaps set your phone's default usb mode to be file transfer. you can do that under "developer options".

If you shot at 25/30fps you need ND filter to avoid stuttering because you've to manual set at 1/60 shutter speed
I was shooting at 60fps.

Trying again tomorrow morning at various speeds, 24fps and 60fps. Will also slow down the drone.

I was shooting at 60fps.

Trying again tomorrow morning at various speeds, 24fps and 60fps. Will also slow down the drone.
Are you sure that isn't your device that plays the video stuttering? At 60fps the video doesn't stutter at all, even without any kind of filter.

Hello,
1. It is ok to update firmware for my P3P from v1.4.0010 directly to v1.8.80?
2. I dont have in my pc firmware v1.6.0040 and i can't find link for download, if have some please share to me :)

Fly safe!
Thanks!
Yes you can update straight to 1.8.80 for your a/c. and then upgrade RC too to 1.6.0.

Reactions: adioperator

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164