Firmware v 1.8.80 released (with notes)

[IMPORTANT]: During my discussions with a member of the forum, I found he took several attempts to get FW installed on his P3. Later on he has found that his SD card has issues.

OMG, this can happen to anyone and every one if we don't take care.

1. We should never take out SD card when P3 is ON

2. Use only reputed make and from reputed suppliers as there are many fake SD cards are available in the market. They are lower sized but their internal tables are modified so when you look at laptop, it shows as a high capacity. Such cards will corrupt data if you exceed their limits or in short are not reliable and warned not to use.

3. In view of this, I recommend to save original 16GB card that came with P3 reserved for updates ONLY. Don't use that card for any other purposes. That would save to to some extent. FW is the brain of the system and you can easily brick your P3 with corrupted uploads.

4. In case you are doubtful of your upgrade, you can always downgrade and later on upgrade again with the latest FW.

5. It is suggested not to download FW from any other site except DJI, who are responsible for distribution of the correct FW.

Sorry, If I over stepped, I felt to warn every one of you and did so with good intentions. I am concerned to see so many failures during FW installations.
When it comes to the card, I simply use the card that I film with. I know it works because it records tons of video. I transfer any video that may be on it at the time, so I'm starting with the card being empty.

Reactions: Jack1926
When it comes to the card, I simply use the card that I film with. I know it works because it records tons of video. I transfer any video that may be on it at the time, so I'm starting with the card being empty.
So far I did the same but I have decided to reserve a working card just for updates.

I have been contact DJI support and they said, you have first to go 1.5 . I am not sure, is it true, but this is how I do it....
The confusion people get in this respect is mostly brought on by their own fear or unwillingness to keep their systems up to date. When you get far enough behind it will be more and more confusing to get up to date and you risk bricking something more than if you just kept up to date in the first place. Consider also that at some point there will probably be a mandatory update for geo. Every update that comes out which fixes things and adds more function pre-geo might be worth doing for some people who will really try and avoid the geo update, for as long as possible that is. My opinions only.

I updated FW to the latest, my RC is also the latest FW and the app is latest iOS version. Everything runs great on my IPhone 6s+. My new iPad Pro, 9.7 inch nothing!! All I get is the screen that asks me to select which quad I have to learn how to connect to it. I tried deleting app and re installing also tried another iPad Air and get the same thing. Any ideas? I much prefer to use my iPad than my iPhone.

Some of you may know DJI just replaced my controller. This update appears to have gone as well as all the others.

Since I have a new controller, I had to re-link it. That took at least 8 seconds. Everything turned off.

Turned on the controller and iPad, checked flight status and it showed I needed to update the GO app. Shut down the iPad and controller, formatted the SD card and copied the extracted firmware update on it. Popped it into the P3P. Inserted the first fully charged battery and turned it on. Took about 15 minutes to get a green light. Shut it down and inserted battery #2 and turned it on. Took about a minute to get a solid green. I have two more batteries to update and then I'll probably go fly a little tomorrow to make sure all's well.

No problems.

Downloaded everything last nite and all is fine.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hi,
I think I have bricked my P3A remote after a failed update.
Aircraft upgrade was OK. But, as soon as I started upgrading the remote with the 2.7.2 app, I had a message on the tablet as if the usb cable was disconnected (it wasn't). I waited long time to see if something happens, but nothing.
Now, when I turn the remote on, all lights are white and RTH key is white too (is on), as if it were in a RTH process.
The app doesn't detect the kind of aircraft I have and when I manually enter in camera mode saying it's a P3A, the remoteis not detected.

Any clue?

Thanks in advance.

Just fired up after a month or 2 of no flying. I think my FW is at 1.4. I'm getting a no connection error and no video to my tablet.

I think you all are saying I have to load all the updates in sequence. Is that correct?

Just fired up after a month or 2 of no flying. I think my FW is at 1.4. I'm getting a no connection error and no video to my tablet.

I think you all are saying I have to load all the updates in sequence. Is that correct?
If you have a/c FW 1.4, you can directly upgrade to 1.8.

I updated FW to the latest, my RC is also the latest FW and the app is latest iOS version. Everything runs great on my IPhone 6s+. My new iPad Pro, 9.7 inch nothing!! All I get is the screen that asks me to select which quad I have to learn how to connect to it. I tried deleting app and re installing also tried another iPad Air and get the same thing. Any ideas? I much prefer to use my iPad than my iPhone.
Did you try the trick of swiping to choose a different quad and then swipe back to the P3?

good thing i saw your post. I use my nexus 6p as my primary and only device with the P3. I have not updated my FW yet. Good luck, i hope you make it work.
if you do end up resolving the issue please do post here or PM me. i would really appreciate it.
thanks
An update. I connected the 6P to the RC with no problems inside the house. I turned on the Phantom and all was good. I have no idea why it wasn't working before. The only thing I did was plug the 6P into my PC, change the USB settings to allow files transfers, and move some files onto the phone. Perhaps I had a USB problem. If the weather is good tomorrow, I will do a flight to see if the problem has really gone away.

One thing I did notice when trying and failing to connect yesterday was that when I tried to enable file transfers via USB, the phone seemed to ignore the screen tap.

I really do not like problems going away with no explanations. I will post an update after I fly using the 6P.

Slightly off topic. If I want to stay at my current fw of 1.4 and its corresponding rc firmware, I don't recall the exact version, but it's several months old. Is it safe to update the dji go app without having to worry about the app uploading so,e nfz , geo data to the aircraft.
I assume fw 1.4 was somewhat immune/missing the fw side softwares need to implement geofencing? Thanks

Slightly off topic. If I want to stay at my current fw of 1.4 and its corresponding rc firmware, I don't recall the exact version, but it's several months old. Is it safe to update the dji go app without having to worry about the app uploading so,e nfz , geo data to the aircraft.
I assume fw 1.4 was somewhat immune/missing the fw side softwares need to implement geofencing? Thanks
I will suggest not to upgrade RC FW then. RC FW can't be downgraded and if you upgrade to 1.6, you will be forced to upgrade p3 to 1.8 else you will get no signal error.

Reactions: Jack1926
I will suggest not to upgrade RC FW then. RC FW can't be downgraded and if you upgrade to 1.6, you will be forced to upgrade p3 to 1.8 else you will get no signal error.
Is possible to get 1.5.8 for RC without problems. On the bird selection screen tap and hold the icon on the top right (a hat as far i remember) it will allowa you to download and flash rc version 1.5.8

I updated firmware and calibrated IMU (for the first time EVER since my purchase last summer [emoji15]). All is well, flew a battery and a half (started misting some). Quad seems more responsive and a bit faster...

Happy Flying,
Mark.

Is possible to get 1.5.8 for RC without problems. On the bird selection screen tap and hold the icon on the top right (a hat as far i remember) it will allowa you to download and flash rc version 1.5.8
News to me. Thanks

I knew it was too good to be true! I updated to latest firmware on both the P3A and the RC, and all went well yesterday when I took some stills.

This morning I flew a Litchi mission and the movie is ruined because of jerkiness. First time I've seen this. Any ideas how to fix it please? I'm using an iPhone 6 and a wifi only iPad Air 2. Thanks

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT