Firmware v 1.8.80 released (with notes)

How do i roll back to 1.7? Just insert sd card in AC with 1.7 on it?

Odd people are having issues when it went so smooth with mine, mind you I haven't flown yet so stay tuned...Hope I don't have same issues..I have IPad Air so far works

Did not want to update, left my Wi-Fi off on my IPAD. My Wife used my IPad and well I now have the unwanted update. The update went smooth 1.7 to 1.8 with no problem. BUT I am experiencing a loss in stability, aircraft is choppy in hover and flight. It’s not level and slightly dips to one side. Calibrated EMU, and controller and still the same. I used it this morning while on 1.7 and it was fine, so something happened with the update. Anyone else with this issue?

Hi, I just upgraded from 1.07.6 to 1.080088.
All was done in 6 minutes, ended with success.

But when launching RC and DJI Go I got the fast flashing yellow lights and the red "Signal Lost" message.
I have the camera view, the gimbal moves OK and the camera settings available, but the motors won't start.

I read in the release note that both AC and RC must be updated or they'll not link, fine. But how to update the RC?
DJi Go says "latest firmware" with RC at 1.57 and AC at 1.0760+ (??? why not 1.08?) and ask for nothing and doesn't download any RC firmware either.

I tried pairing the RC and the drone, push the small switch, DJI Go says process ending as usual BUT the small link-led keeps flashing red-light. No joy.

I've done all this above using DJI Go 2.6.1.
So I tried again, installing DJI Go v2.7.2 issued today : all the same symptoms. Signal Lost, motors don't start, unable to pair AC and RC.

I try to downgrade back to FW 1.076 in copying it on a blank formated SD card and firing the drone up: no joy, does nothing, says FW is same or older.

So what can I do to get it working? I'm despaired...

I will give the MFG a cal on Monday and see what they say, it will be my first experience with DJI Support.

Hello, I read all the posts and I am a bit confused. There seem to be several methods (sequences) executed here on how to do the update to 1.08. Could someone point (or post) to a sequence from DJI that we, who have not updated yet, should follow, please? Or at least, a method that many have followed and had success.
Thank you very much!

It is Christmas everyday that I am flying!

I updated aircraft first...with contoller off...dji go app second...then controller last...with aircraft off.

Reactions: Dudez
Thank you "nollzr" and "Machi3". See, if you "successful" Guys, post short sequence like that we will have it all "in one place".

This is exactly why I have not updated anything since 1.6 on my P3P. Two updates in three weeks. Something sounds fishy to me. Just my opinion.
Last week was my first flight off of beginner mode, went through 3 batteries. Longest flight was a little over a mile at 400ft altitude before starting to lose some signal. Did a rth and the bird cruised back to the home point. Nice and straight level flight with no issue whatsoever with compass , video, photos etc.
i am not going to fix something that ain't broke. Opinions please, good or bad. (P3P,POLAR PRO LANDING GEAR, MINI PAD/IOS 9.3)

Updated last night did a quick flight today with no problems.

Last edited:
Hi guys. First time poster, been reading everything here for a few months now.

P3A, Shield K1

I was at work the other day when I got word of the new firmware. Came home, fired everything up like I was gonna fly to see if I got got any prompts about updates. Nothing. Shut everything down, got on the computer and grabbed the new package, extracted it to my sd, and updated the AC as normal. No problems.

Fired everything back up again, and then GO let me know that my RC needed an update. Installed that, restarted everything, and went flying. No problems, and it seemed on take-off that hovering was more stable than it had been. Of course, that could be subjective and/or due to conditions.

The main thing I noticed is that the "Safe to Fly - NonGPS" ******** I've been getting with 15 birds since the last update seems to be gone.

How do i roll back to 1.7? Just insert sd card in AC with 1.7 on it?
Yes follow the same procedure that you used to upgrade but keep 1.7 bin file on sd card, remove 1.8 bin file.

Why do you want to roll back? FW 1.8 seems to be very stable FW as per the results shown by others.

Sorry, wrong person quoted

Im having all sorts of problems updating.

I've tried updating my P3P from 1.4 to 1.8. After 10 minutes I got the red light and constant tone...txt file says failed to update. Several more attempts yielded the same result.

RC updated fine, and when I check the current versions in the DJI GO App, everything says its up to date (including the AC to 1.8).

When I fire up the AC, connect the RC, and enter the camera through the app, I get No Signal and No video feed from the AC...

So 2 questions.

1.) Is it possible the AC is really updated (based on what the app reports) even though the txt file said it failed?

2.) Whats the deal with the No Signal/No video feed? Could it be the IOS version currently running on my 6+?

FRUSTRATED
I have also 1.4 FW on my P3A. I want to upgrade my FW to 1.8, but I am not sure, can I go straight from 1.4 to 1.8.
I have heard, you have to go first to 1.5 and then you can go to 1.8. Can someone confirm this?

How can you update the RC firmware when the app(ios 2.7.1) doesn't show you an available RC update?
Wasn't there a way to use a card reader or USB drive to update RC firmware through the RC USB port? Maybe that was just for earlier firmware before it could be done through the app. And if you could do that, would the old DJI GO work with the new RC firmware? Looks like DJI did not think this all the way through.

I would surely think that each new update is cumulative and has everything from all the updates before it. If I'm wrong, then that's kinda scary..

I have also 1.4 FW on my P3A. I want to upgrade my FW to 1.8, but I am not sure, can I go straight from 1.4 to 1.8.
I have heard, you have to go first to 1.5 and then you can go to 1.8. Can someone confirm this?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart