Firmware v 1.8.80 released (with notes)

Update the aircraft, remove the SD card and delete the .bin file and re-insert the card. Then turn the aircraft back on and it will not find the ,bin file to update. I think their firmware has an issue not confirming the current firmware matches the .bin file on the SD Card.

Update went great. Did the RC first as recommended here, then the AC. Took about 15 minutes. Camera moved a few times. Lights turned on and off a few times. Beeps changed a few times. Took it out and flew it around for a full battery as a test. I don't see any differences whatsoever, to be frank. I want to say the hover seems a bit more stable but it could be my imagination or the weather variances. Did not recalibrate the compass or IMU. So far so good.

Update went great. Did the RC first as recommended here, then the AC. Took about 15 minutes. Camera moved a few times. Lights turned on and off a few times. Beeps changed a few times. Took it out and flew it around for a full battery as a test. I don't see any differences whatsoever, to be frank. I want to say the hover seems a bit more stable but it could be my imagination or the weather variances. Did not recalibrate the compass or IMU. So far so good.

I had the same good experience, I did have to recalibrate the RC. By moving the sticks an wheels as in the calibrate wizard.
Went very smoothly...

SO far the FM and RC update went very smooth, 10 mins for both...ready to go for a spin but little windy..Will follow up with a report..Cheers

Enough time has passed and reports have come in where I will attempt it. Doing the firmware update right now on my RC and AC. Will report back on results.
All the best wishes.

Keep RC off during AC update and AC off during RC update :) Key to the success.

All the best wishes.

Keep RC off during AC update and AC off during RC update :) Key to the success.

I did both at the same time, with both on. Saves time. The "aircraft" disconnects when it is updating.

But by all means be safe and follow alo....'s advice. Just because I went for it and it worked does not mean it will for you. I was on iOS 9.31, also updated today.

Reactions: NormanNormal
Hi all. I updated the firmware on the RC with the aircraft off. It was successful, but after restarting the RC, the DJI GO app still says an update is required.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Hi all. I updated the firmware on the RC with the aircraft off. It was successful, but after restarting the RC, the DJI GO app still says an update is required.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?
Check the versions on DJI Go App after rebooting all, they should look like this on iOS:

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1460236098.378746.jpg

Turn off Go app and restart, worked for me.
I tried that, and it didn't work. So, I unplugged the USB and plugged it back in, and I got the Android message asking if I wanted to allow file transfers. I tapped yes, and all is good now.

I tried that, and it didn't work. So, I unplugged the USB and plugged it back in, and I got the Android message asking if I wanted to allow file transfers. I tapped yes, and all is good now.
So this was Android issue. Thanks for the feedback.

Couldn't find any thread for this new firmware release.

Overview:
1. All-in-One firmware version updated to:v1.8.80
2. DJI GO app Android version updated to: v2.7.2

What's new:
1. Improved aircraft stability through optimized flight controller logic.
2. Optimized gimbal parameters
3. Fixed clip preview error in 2.7K resolution mode
4. Improved encryption to enhance security during transmission

Notes:
- The firmware can be downgraded to v1.7.0060.
- Both the aircraft and the remote controller must be upgraded or else they will not link

Anyone had the chance to check it out yet? :)

Yes - and a disaster!!

Variable reports whether you can skip firmware updates or have to update in sequence ... looks like you have to do it in sequence ... RC and drone have different versions now and cannot do ANYTHING to fix ... DJI tech support for an hour after 5 hours of trying every imaginable task to fix .. problem is "RC Contact Lost", even though obviously talking to each other, as you can see all settings, move gimbal, etc ... but unable to fly. Looks like I have to send in for "repair", which is a joke, as there's nothing they can do that I couldn't do at my software company w. the right tools. WHY CAN'T YOU REVERT TO EARLIER VERSIONS OF FIRMWARE??? No excuses ... Any attempt to revert to earlier versions gets "Abort - firmware on card is same or earlier than that in the aircraft" ... and also drone is no longer 'linked' to the RC, even though multiple attempts at linking supposedly worked, including DJI technique to link RC to drone with commands from just the RC .. not the App ... We ALL need to ask DJI to make it possible to revert to earlier versions of firmware!!

Couldn't find any thread for this new firmware release.

Overview:
1. All-in-One firmware version updated to:v1.8.80
2. DJI GO app Android version updated to: v2.7.2

What's new:
1. Improved aircraft stability through optimized flight controller logic.
2. Optimized gimbal parameters
3. Fixed clip preview error in 2.7K resolution mode
4. Improved encryption to enhance security during transmission

Notes:
- The firmware can be downgraded to v1.7.0060.
- Both the aircraft and the remote controller must be upgraded or else they will not link

Anyone had the chance to check it out yet? :)

You're SOL!!

Had the same problem and there IS NO FIX... YOU'LL HAVE TO SEND YOUR DRONE IN FOR "REPAIR" .. see below:

Variable reports whether you can skip firmware updates or have to update in sequence ... looks like you have to do it in sequence ... RC and drone have different versions now and cannot do ANYTHING to fix ... DJI tech support for an hour after 5 hours of trying every imaginable task to fix .. problem is "RC Contact Lost", even though obviously talking to each other, as you can see all settings, move gimbal, etc ... but unable to fly. Looks like I have to send in for "repair", which is a joke, as there's nothing they can do that I couldn't do at my software company w. the right tools. WHY CAN'T YOU REVERT TO EARLIER VERSIONS OF FIRMWARE??? No excuses ... Any attempt to revert to earlier versions gets "Abort - firmware on card is same or earlier than that in the aircraft" ... and also drone is no longer 'linked' to the RC, even though multiple attempts at linking supposedly worked, including DJI technique to link RC to drone with commands from just the RC .. not the App ... We ALL need to ask DJI to make it possible to revert to earlier versions of firmware!!

I was really hoping that this update had the NFZ update that would all us to fly by unlocking, I see nothing about that, this sucks for those of us that live 4.95 miles away from an airport.

++
Seriously what is the deal with the new GEO stuff, has DJI just abandoned it?

Im having all sorts of problems updating.

I've tried updating my P3P from 1.4 to 1.8. After 10 minutes I got the red light and constant tone...txt file says failed to update. Several more attempts yielded the same result.

RC updated fine, and when I check the current versions in the DJI GO App, everything says its up to date (including the AC to 1.8).

When I fire up the AC, connect the RC, and enter the camera through the app, I get No Signal and No video feed from the AC...

So 2 questions.

1.) Is it possible the AC is really updated (based on what the app reports) even though the txt file said it failed?

2.) Whats the deal with the No Signal/No video feed? Could it be the IOS version currently running on my 6+?

FRUSTRATED

You're SOL!!

Had the same problem and there IS NO FIX... YOU'LL HAVE TO SEND YOUR DRONE IN FOR "REPAIR" .. see below:

Jesus.

What version was your AC running prior to attempting the update?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor