Firmware v 1.8.80 released (with notes)

In my opinion this is the best release (RC 1.60 + P3 1.8.80) so far for P3A/P. Time will show if there are any issues but so far the results are very encouraging.

. GPS acquisition faster
. Better network reliability, strong binding of RC with P3
. Bad Compass calibration notifications
. Improved Gimbal stability
. No effect on range
. 32 channels work

Last edited:
Meaning what, exactly?
I noticed that if you are in an area of magnetic interference, you get Compass error warning. This had not received earlier. This appears to be good for users calibrating compass or using without calibration at site.

Did all upgrades. Quick on the RC for a change. Everything working great. Did a quick 5 min flight. Everything working as advertised!!!

Did all upgrades. Quick on the RC for a change. Everything working great. Did a quick 5 min flight. Everything working as advertised!!!
There are chances of rains tomorrow :(, will miss my weekend flights

I noticed that if you are in an area of magnetic interference, you get Compass error warning. This had not received earlier. This appears to be good for users calibrating compass or using without calibration at site.
Oh ok. I was wondering whether that was warning during flight, which would a lot more unnerving than just knowing a good area to calibrate or not. I have gotten that warning before, only indoors if I'm messing around with camera settings or something. Definitely doesn't like to be near a tv, lol.

I upgraded my P3A successfully yesterday and I did test flights today.

My friend P3P (older FW) with DBS mod antenna flew his up to 1.5kms with steady/full bar on RC and Video connection.

I tested mine with standard/stock antenna, the same direction and height (100m) LOS, I got 2 red bars on RC connection and pixelated video when I hit around 500m! ... didn't try to go further than that.

Will re-link the RC help?

Anyone has the same short range issue?

The RC update worked ok from iOs app 2.7.1. I had DJI on chat, they apologised for delaying the release of the RC update on the iOs app,and they have also confirmed that there is an Apple bug on 9.3.1 iOs that causes connection problems between RC and DJI Go app. I'm afraid I will have to pray and wait for the 9.3.2 iOs to come out, in the meantime I'm flying with wife's Iphone 6+(ios9.3.0)
IOS 9.3.2 beta is available. I downloaded it and so far no problems, although I have not yet updated the FW on either my P3A or RC

Reactions: konidair
Couldn't find any thread for this new firmware release.

Overview:
1. All-in-One firmware version updated to:v1.8.80
2. DJI GO app Android version updated to: v2.7.2

What's new:
1. Improved aircraft stability through optimized flight controller logic.
2. Optimized gimbal parameters
3. Fixed clip preview error in 2.7K resolution mode
4. Improved encryption to enhance security during transmission

Notes:
- The firmware can be downgraded to v1.7.0060.
- Both the aircraft and the remote controller must be upgraded or else they will not link

Anyone had the chance to check it out yet? :)
Yep i did mine 5 min ago and my weak rc signal is all fixed now
And getting 1200mtr in and around houses

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Finally got it to run, now it tells me:
========== 2014.01.01 00:00:11 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3S_FW_V01.08.0080.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Corrupted.
Firmware bin file is corrupted, download it again from the DJI offical website.

I downloaded again, unzipped, put new file in, & get the same mess.
What the H do I do now?

Try a different memory card

I upgraded my P3A successfully yesterday and I did test flights today.

My friend P3P (older FW) with DBS mod antenna flew his up to 1.5kms with steady/full bar on RC and Video connection.

I tested mine with standard/stock antenna, the same direction and height (100m) LOS, I got 2 red bars on RC connection and pixelated video when I hit around 500m! ... didn't try to go further than that.

Will re-link the RC help?

Anyone has the same short range issue?

Have you checked if the channel that use your friend was the same as yours? Because channel make differences. If you both were in auto mode, maybe your friend get a better channel than you. Try to make the test using custom channel selection and select te same as your friend

Anyway if your friend has a modded antenna...what's kind of comparison is that?

Last edited:
Hi all
I was flying today together with my friend. he also has p3a, 1.8FW.

So this was my first flight with the new firmware, so, it gave me poor radio chanel quality notice in the menu.
During flight, the video was lagging. it took 4-5 seconds for camera to move up and down and etc. It happened mostly when i was far away. When i was closer, there were no delays.
I firstly thought it was the problem with new firmware.

So i landed the bird.
After, i asked my friend toland his also and turn his RC off. He did so. Then i turned on mine, and signal quality was GOOD. the moment he turned it back on - it went poor.
His had no problem absolutely, no poor signal,no fpv laggin - only once a while the fpv was reloading, like a photo on a dial up internet 

So is it ok/ Is it how its supposed to be? Cause i heard a lot of pilots her fly together, and nobody has issue like this.

Just in case attaching the screenshots of channels was set to AUTO)

Attachments

• 1460202612231.jpg
    1460202612231.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 423
IOS 9.3.2 beta is available. I downloaded it and so far no problems, although I have not yet updated the FW on either my P3A or RC
I have had the ios 9.3.2 beta in my mind since yesterday, I was just too afraid to install thinking it might cause extra issues. After reading your comment and positive feedback about the beta here I decided to pull the trigger and install.
Outcome? Everything working perfectly now(both DJI Go and Litchi are able to conenct to the AC). Thank you very much TerenceM

Upgraded RC then AC. No issues. Stability is substantially improved in my opinion particularly yaw behavior. It's much more smooth both starting and ending a yaw input. OPTI lock on the ground seems to be more firmly in control. Good update.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thanks for that Terence&konidair. I was also waiting to pull that trigger, now that I everything will be ok I will upgrade. But one question do you think it will be alright on iPad mini 3 wifi & Cellular? Because not sure what iOS devices u guys are using..

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: konidair
[QUOI have with p 3 E="Jsun, post: 752915, member: 50859"]Couldn't find any thread for this newliving. rmware release.

Overview:
1. All-in-One firmware version updated to:v1.8.80
2. DJI GO app Android version updated to: v2.7.2

What's new:
1. Improved aircraft stability through optimized flight controller logic.
2. Optimized gimbal parameters
3. Fixed clip preview error in 2.7K resolution mode
4. Improved encryption to enhance security during transmission

Notes:
- The firmware can be downgraded to v1.7.0060.
- Both the aircraft and the remote controller must be upgraded or else they will not link

Anyone had the chance to check it out yet? :)[/QUOTE]
Yes i have . Took 3 tries to upgrade the rc using dji go app. Both successful. Tried it in the liv rm. Motors reved just fine didnt take off too windy outside to try.

Still flying great at....see below.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl